🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Buttercup Cumbersnatch

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

No, not the first one that actually isn't THAT bad and no, not the third one which is just terribly boring. Yes, the absolutely cheesy second one with laughable dialogue and the legendary "Ninja Rap" with Vanilla Ice.

This should be done right before the new Michael Bay atrocity comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2KRf8t3Hg

I know there's already a thread for the third film but this is deserving of its own.

I endorse this idea. This, of course, would continue the fabulous through-line of Vanilla Ice appearing in HDTGM garbage, beginning with Cool As Ice.

How dare you, this is the best movie ever made! I watched this sooo many times as a kid that I had every line memorized. hahaha Go ninja go ninja GO! heehee

I watched this all the time as a kid as well, but that doesn't mean it isn't garbage. Kids like terrible, terrible things. How many years was Barney on the air? TV is still airing Lazy Town episodes. Have you seen the trailers for the new Turtles movie? That is destined to be shit.

I support this idea 100%. Here's my favorite snippet from the reception section on Wikipedia:

The film was released less than a year after the first, using the taglines "Back by bodacious demand" and "Cowabunga, it's the new turtle movie"

• Like 1

I sat down and watched the original three TMNT films and I still sort of chuckled throughout #2. While the first movie seemed to try to invest some time in actual character development, #2 is just a straight-up vehicle for product endorsements and one-liners but some I still find a bit funny ("...a little too Raph").

#3 is the one I cannot sit through. It's boring but good god the animatronics took a massive nose-dive from the first two movies, and it has these moments of weird sexual shit.

I guess I still sort of like #2, if just for the production value and nostalgia (the animatronics and costumes were pretty legit).

• Like 1

I sat down and watched the original three TMNT films and I still sort of chuckled throughout #2. While the first movie seemed to try to invest some time in actual character development, #2 is just a straight-up vehicle for product endorsements and one-liners but some I still find a bit funny ("...a little too Raph").

#3 is the one I cannot sit through. It's boring but good god the animatronics took a massive nose-dive from the first two movies, and it has these moments of weird sexual shit.

I guess I still sort of like #2, if just for the production value and nostalgia (the animatronics and costumes were pretty legit).

I agree, I caught them on TV recently and realized that first one is actually kind of trying too hard to be gritty and 'real'. The 3rd one is definitely the most awful and unwatchable (they went from the Henson Creature Shop to some 3rd-tier company and it really showed). The 2nd one seemed like they were embracing the absurdity of it all. Plus it had David Warner, who much like John Hurt is a wonderful actor that will show up to any paying gig, regardless of quality.

David Warner to me is like Jeffrey Combs. You can take them and put them in crap and it elevates it. Or stick them under tons of make up or behind animated form and you recognize them by their voice with ease.

• Like 1

The third one is definitely the most awful of the three but I feel like that would be an incredibly boring episode. The second one has an endless amount of shit to poke fun at.

I agree, I caught them on TV recently and realized that first one is actually kind of trying too hard to be gritty and 'real'.

Apparently it was too "gritty and real" considering parents complained that the first one had too much cussing and violence so they removed any cussing and don't really use their weapons in the second one.

David Warner to me is like Jeffrey Combs. You can take them and put them in crap and it elevates it. Or stick them under tons of make up or behind animated form and you recognize them by their voice with ease.

Honestly, David Warner is a God Damn hero. His ability to be great in both the best of films and the most horrendous of dregs is truly remarkable. To do it for so long, at such a high level, and in such a variety of projects, he must love what he does and he is wonderful at it. Anything he's in is better for having him there (and a lot of the stuff he's been in has needed that). 10/10.

• Like 1

I will still defend the first one as a good movie. The second one I haven't seen in a long time, but my memories of it aren't so fond. But as I recall, the second one (Vanilla Ice etc) is what people think the first one is.

This is a legit good movie. I might stop listening to this podcast if they talked shit about secret of the ooze.

Given the recent news of Ernie Reyes jr.'s health concerns, while I look forward to hearing the episode (and whomever the guest was), I do hope they put in some consideration for the timing of the release of said episode. Like if they have to delay the release or something, I'd fully understand.

Apparently it was too "gritty and real" considering parents complained that the first one had too much cussing and violence so they removed any cussing and don't really use their weapons in the second one.

The second one also lacks Sam Rockwell, which knocks the credibility down a notch to 2015 me!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this