🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
BillClam

The Conqueror (1956)

How has this movie not been suggested yet? For your consideration, a Howard Hughes produced film about one of the greatest empires ever, starring no of any relation to said empire.

If you're wondering if this was filmed down wind of a nuclear test site that gave dozens of people cancer, it was. Hughes felt guilty about this and bought the rights of the film and the film was not released until after his death when Universal purchased the rights.

• Like 1

One of the all time legendary Hollywood disasters. A modern skewering by talented comedians would be worthwhile.

• Like 1

This was made in the 1950's, but considering that there were some decent movies out before 1960, this is still hot garbage. Oh, and people got sick from radiation poisoning because it was filmed by a nuclear testing site. https://en.wikipedia...onqueror_(film)

• John Wayne as Genghis Khan. That's bad. He "won" a Golden Turkey award for his attempt.
  • It made a book listing the 50 worst films of all time, though that book came out in 1978 and missed out on some real gems.
  • "The film is listed in Golden Raspberry Award founder John Wilson's book The Official Razzie Movie Guide as one of the The 100 Most Enjoyably Bad Movies Ever Made."

Trailer:

john_wayne_conqueror.jpg

• Like 1

One of the all time legendary Hollywood disasters. A modern skewering by talented comedians would be worthwhile.

Well said. Maybe I'm biased because I've done a lot of reading on the Khans and saw the Mongol film, but this $hit stinks. It stinks bad.

• Like 1

Paul in Jason, and oh yeah Jane please do this film as well. I think this movie is a no brainer for HDTGM. This movie can provide 3 hours of jokes and that is just making fun of the casting decisions.

• Like 1