🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DataAngel

Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002)

I'm watching "Hellraiser: Hellseeker" right now and I don't know why. All I know is "Mayhem" from the Allstate commercials must have lost a bet because he's in this, and the Allstate ads are better written, acted, and directed.

tumblr_mbltxjX58O1qdbu6mo3_250.gif

I lost count and interest in the Hellraiser movies around the third one. it was really getting bad, adult movie bad. May as well been a hustler movie production. The box, you opened it and we... well you get the rest of where I am going with that.

Those movies had gone from cool to really bad quickly by the third one.

there has been rumors that a relaunch is in the works.

I like clive barker even if he's comes across as a bit of a creep. his worst movie is still Nightbreed..mind you Lord of Illusions is no picnic ether. that's got Scott Bakula in it so you know it's going to be good if he's the lead actor.

I still think that doing "Hellraiser: Bloodline" would be better, as Adam Scott was in it, and it'd be an awesome excuse to have it back. The latest one, "Revelation", would be great too, as it looks like it cost about 28 dollars to make, it's the one that Doug Bradley wouldn't even come back for, and there's plenty of what-the-fuckery going on that isn't related to plot that actually should be.

• Like 1

I think right after coming down from watching the 1st Hellraiser I thought I would add all of the hellraiser movies to my Netflix queue. With a lot of free time I have been going through and trying to purge some of my bad movies. I will eventually get to Hellseeker and Bloodline, but right now I am trying to plow through Hell on Earth.

I still think that doing "Hellraiser: Bloodline" would be better, as Adam Scott was in it, and it'd be an awesome excuse to have it back.

Was he the toy maker in that one?

I have had a soft spot for Clive Barker since I was a kid. There was a PBS special that would always run on Barker that I can't find now that made me love him. It had a story about how he volunteered to be the special effects guy for the high school class play (my guess is MacBeth). Anyways, he apparently didn't interact with anyone on the play until opening night and then had the head ready on a platter for the show, but said they could only do it once. So they get to the part in the play when the head is presented and the actor pulls it up and then all this disgusting guts and stuff come pouring out the bottom. The actors all got nauseous and a bunch of people walked out. He was a real inspiration to me as a kid just from that story. I used to make movies with my friends on a cam corder back then and the whole part was to make cool deaths after that.

The extent of things I could tell you about the Hellraiser franchise, despite it being on in the background of me working every October: Pinhead, puzzle box, awesome Cenobite designs, so much 90s fashion.

Sign in to follow this