🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jarrycanada

Trapped in Paradise (1994)

Trapped in Paradise

Nicolas Cage, Jon Lovitz, Dana Carvey

Can we please have Christmas early, Please I'll be a good little boy and clean my room..

a3ffir.jpg

in all fairness I have not seen this movie yet and I am not sure how it got by me. but I will get it and watch it and get back to you all about it. please let me know what you think. the story line sounds a lot like reindeer games with banks. the trailer just looks crazy. I was reading about this movie on cracked 4 insane unknown backstores behind famous movies. They talk about Cobra and Beverly Hills Cop's stuff we already know but then Trapped in Paradise. "Lovitz calls it "Trapped in Shit." too funny.

Update: what a find, by trying to find this movie on video i found this...

the best god dam box set ever: Thank you amazon.com

The Nicholas Cage Celebrity Pack

(Raising Arizona / Kiss of Death / Trapped in Paradise)

all of our favorite cage movie's in one box set. no need to waste your time with conair when you got Kiss of death and trapped in paradise. Ok you get one good movie. My mind is just blow away. I am giving this 5 stars.

• Like 1

From what I remember, this movie isn't too bad it's a sort of harmless silly Christmas comedy. It has been a long time since I've seen it though, so my opinion could change if I saw it again.

A talented cast participates in an ill-fated, overly-complex Christmas-time robbery scheme? Sounds like a film in the proud tradition of Reindeer Games, therefore, I approve. Plus, we could GET INTO the bizarre, sad, long, and twisted road that is Dana Carvey's post-SNL career... which isn't the funniest topic, but worth addressing.

• Like 1

You know, Jim Carrey at one point did impersonations tell he realized that the best he could ever hope for, with his career was at the time was to be like Rich Little, Then he quit and started acting. For me that person is Dana Carvey. any dreams of doing impersonations for a living are broken by him.

Guess what I am saying is Dana Carvey is the new Rich Little.

I was going to link to Lovitz's discussion of this movie on the AV Club, but I see it's already been brought up. Still, it's amazing that people only bring up the "Trapped in Shit" line, and not the part where the director brags that he's as good as Rob Reiner and Scorsese, then literally didn't direct the actors.

Seeing that I recommended this movie and I didn't watch it. So I decided to watch it .So who knew this film would suck. I was going to give you guys some notes and some detailed funny observations as I watched the movie and got so tired and angry I deleted everything I had written down. there really isn't anything funny about this movie. that would make it an exciting podcast.

I am so so sorry. I wasted your time here

From what I remember, this movie isn't too bad it's a sort of harmless silly Christmas comedy. It has been a long time since I've seen it though, so my opinion could change if I saw it again.

I don't trust my memories of anything anymore. Paul has shown me to look towards Amazon reviews instead. And this movie has some GREAT ones.

"I've been waiting patiently forever for this movie to finally come out on DVD. Nicholas Cage, John Lovitz and Dana Carvey make this movie utterly hilarious throughout. Cage plays the typical normal, logical, calculating brother of the 3. John Lovitz is the brother you can never trust and Carvey is a goofy, klepto-maniac who hardly uses any common sense. When these 3 come together in a scene it's hard to imagine something funny "not" happening. 3 Diverse and conflicting personalities make for a great comedy farse!"

"movie was a little uninteresting."

and this one, which is edited like this, line-for-line:

"My wife and I enjoyed this movie to rate as one of our

favorites. When you think about this movie, remember

the funny lines and mannerisms from the characters that

didn't need sex or swearing to make this movie oveall

just enjoyable. This movie brought humor and a warm

side to the story. Dana Carvey, nailed this performance

as the total idiot brother, and to see Cages frustration

in dealing with his siblings. It's amazing how many people

never saw or heard of this movie. Definitely a movie that

deserves praise...I rated this movie a 5 for its creativity

without having to bring profanity, violence, or sex to the

screen."

If it has reviews like these (just a small sample), I think it's probably HDTGM-worthy.

• Like 1

Sly Sanders- so movies are being picked based on amazon reviews rather then us movie watchers here in the forums.I want to see a thank you to UPS for getting that package to the customer on a timely rate in the review.

it's funny John Lovitz wasn't really all that annoying in this film. he is sort of a likeable dude in this film. I guess Dana Carvey is so over the top annoying that you don't notice John Lovitz at all. Cage on the other hand gives us nothing in this film he's really playing a part that any one could play. and not that normal crazy fun loving Cage performance that we have come to expect.

on paper this movie looks like it should be bat shit crazy but it's really just a so so lets make a funny chirstmas movie.

I think i was in a bad mood when I watched this because I didn't enjoy it at all. maybe it was my nick cage pillow was distracting me. it has that power to do that. I am not staying I am gay but if I was in prision and nick cage was my cell mate I would be in good hands. I'd never have to worry about having a cold night in the cell. ;)

Sign in to follow this