🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 90 — Sharknado 2: The Second One

Last year the Syfy channel brought us Sharknado and this year it happened again. Special guest Scott Aukerman returns for a very special episode of How Did This Get Made? about Sharknado 2: The Second One. From the “homages” to other various movies, to whether a shark bit off Tara’s whole arm or just her hand, to Al Roker & Matt Lauer having huge roles in the movie, to the Statue of Liberty’s head becoming the boulder from Indiana Jones, to all the cameos which include Jared the Subway guy & Biz Markie, to “Frogger”. We cover it all! Plus, Paul & June’s baby makes his podcast debut! Chompa. Chompa. Chompa.

WHAT? There is now way that's Tara Reid's arm. She gets her hand eaten barely past her wrist. The arm in the shark's mouth goes to the elbow. Also, how the hell could that shark continue to stay aloft for days? This movie. Was. Insane.

• Like 1

They mentioned that Richard Kind's character was also the team's manager for 15 years. Was he distracted during every single home game about his last at-bat as a player?

And what kind of enclosed stairway, which is clearly itself a fire exit, and is somehow filling with water, would have another sign directing you to a fire escape, that is just a spiral staircase, the most difficult type of stairs to navigate?

Also, Mark McGrath was excited about jumping through the 42 because he's a huge fan of Douglas Adams. However, "Sugar Ray" is not a known h2g2 reference.

Also, Mark McGrath was excited about jumping through the 42 because he's a huge fan of Douglas Adams. However, "Sugar Ray" is not a known h2g2 reference.

But he jumped through a number 42 in Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets, who are not known to be Douglas Adams fans. They had a big ceremony where they retired Jackie Robinson's number in commemoration of baseball's integration several years ago. So, he's either happy because he's a baseball fan and liked Jackie Robinson, or he's happy because he didn't like Jackie Robinson and he's destroying a physical representation of the man's legacy.

army_of_darkness_sequel.jpg

Didn't watch the movie, but from listening to the podcast, can I assume Tara Reid pulled a Bruce Campbell?

• Like 2

When is it ever a good idea to put lighter fluid into a supersoaker and use it as a flame thrower? #supersoakersarestillathing? :blink: #itstinks

Didn't watch the movie, but from listening to the podcast, can I assume Tara Reid pulled a Bruce Campbell?

There were a lot of references to other movies. A lot.

Another reason that that shark was definitely the same one that bit off Tara Reid's arm is that the GUN she was holding when she got her hand bitten off too!

In your hilarious screen cap of her beautiful handwriting, it appears shes signing an autograph into a galaxy tablet instruction manual? #Itstinks

• Like 2

I will say, I had a much much much better time listening to the podcast than watching Sharknado 2.

Ohhh nooo babyy!!! He hates discussion of confusing dialogue! So widdle and already rejecting his parents and the things they love.

• Like 4

My guess with the tattoo discussion is that much like in video games; the production didn't want to pay the tattoo artist for using his/her tattoo image in the movie. Much like the Mike Tyson/Hangover issue that arose.

Did anyone notice during the rope swing scene they threw the rope over the pipe but they were just using one rope to swing? Where's the other side?

I also had a similar thought about the scarcity of sharks after these two movies and going forward. At this point it's safe to assume the shark population is dangerously low. How does that affect the ecosystem? Is it like when all the bees die out humans will be dead within a few years?

• Like 3

4 million people watched Sharknado 2?! No wonder they got this episode out in record time! And by comparison, the Gooby episode was recorded at the old studio; at least 4 months ago.

Nice to see that June allowed herself to be photographed, on this special occasion.

I was really hoping Jason was going to leave Scott hanging when he started singing the Wipe Out song, it happened with them on a Comedy Bang Bang episode a few years back and it was hilarious.

• Like 7

Jason got a new haircut. June seemed to have changed color. Was the baby's name given? His picture didn't appear in the guest list.

Did anyone else notice Tara Reid's rediculous scream noises whilst grasping for dear life in the opening scene on the plane just before getting her arm chomped off? Someone please isolate this and replay it on the corrections and ommisions.

• Like 2

Jason got a new haircut.

All of us Zouks fangirls on tumblr are very upset by this

DEM CURLS...

i-miss-you_2654.gif

• Like 2

Did anyone else catch the dialogue between the maintenance workers in the sewer? First of all the fact they were eaten by an alligator and not a shark which made no since but right before that they share this conversation.

Guy 1:"I can't believe I forgot my gloves."

Guy 2:"What are you afraid of the dark?"

• Like 1

All of us Zouks fangirls on tumblr are very upset by this

DEM CURLS...

i-miss-you_2654.gif

that's interesting. Now, he doesn't look like a maniac. Must be those girls who write letters to people on deathrow, except one step down on the crazy scale.