🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 90 — Sharknado 2: The Second One

Excuse you Game of Scones...

tumblr_mzu1niDKzN1qzx1gjo1_250.gif

• Like 8

After working ground crew for an airline for 2 years, I can definitely vouch that yes, you should never use the water in the bathroom on planes. Also, when are we going to get "Chompa Chompa Chompa" t-shirts?

• Like 6

When is it ever a good idea to put lighter fluid into a supersoaker and use it as a flame thrower? #supersoakersarestillathing? :blink: #itstinks

Apparently in tornado like situation where nothing could possibly shoot the fire backwards at yourself.

sometimes I wonder if Scott does the entire Wipeout thing even when he's not on mic in daily conversation... something about Jason's reaction to that made me feel like it's quite possible.

oh, and there's this:

53197741.jpg

• Like 7

On the titular episode wipe out!

You are awesome, thank you!

There is a different episode and I have no idea the context, but Scott replies to someone "What, I DID" in a loud and exasperated way and it's hilarious but I can't remember the episode. (I know that's like no information)

Amazing episode and crazy movie. Although the movie would have been 100 times better is the shark took of part of Tara's boob instead of here arm.

So they shot some of the second unit stuff in Buffalo NY(the stuff with the people grabbing weapons/chainsaw throwing guy) and I swear that in the opening NYC montage there is a shot of Buffalo city hall. How do you run out of NYC footage?

• Like 1

How about how the ending empire state building sequence was a rip off of the clock tower from Back to the Future? I bet that was Thunder's Ctrl-alt-save moment.

CORRECTIONS AND OMISSIONS:

hey did anyone else notice that mark mcgrath's character was named martin brody and his wife was named ellen? if you click on their character pages on imdb it takes you to the page for the characters of the same name played by roy scheider and lorraine gary...as in from jaws.

(i edited this post to make it clear i thought this point was worth mentioning as an omission, first time posting a correction/omission, and i'm seeming to see some other posts labeled this way.)

• Like 2

Jaws is bettah.

Jason got a new haircut. June seemed to have changed color. Was the baby's name given? His picture didn't appear in the guest list.

That honor is reserved for the real celebrities, like your Roman Sklars.

So glad that Scott got in a good Wipeout riff, but I wish he would have mentioned a certain other guest star during the Hotwives plug.

Can we talk about the fact that Mark "Sugar Ray" McGrath's character and his wife are named Martin and Ellen Brody?!

• Like 3

How about Subway Alligator vs Subway Shark!? That was insane.

Also, small little fun fact: at CitiField, the New York Mets happen to be playing the Miami Marlins. Not a shark, but a very big fish, nonetheless. I'm probably looking into it too much, but the New York Mets happen to be beating the visiting Marlins, much like the city of New York beats the visiting sharks.

The Vitale family appears to have been well represented. An associate producer and 8 family members portrayed a family at the Mets game.

CORRECTIONS AND OMISSIONS

Ok so one of my biggest problems with this movie was the weather. You all didn't talk about how at any point in the movie it could switch from snowing to sunny to raining to flooding -no warning. While at the baseball game they claim it gets put on a rain delay yet on the jumbotron it says SNOW DELAY. Then when they show the weather forecast it says something like 10AM:rain 11AM:snow NOON:sharks. And finally how does the stairwell flood up to the fourth floor yet when they get out of the building the sun is out and there is just a little bit of rain outside. Also what about this lightning storm that was supposed to converge with the double sharknado, wouldn't it kill all of the sharks once they combined?

• Like 1

Also, small little fun fact: at CitiField, the New York Mets happen to be playing the Miami Marlins. Not a shark, but a very big fish, nonetheless. I'm probably looking into it too much, but the New York Mets happen to be beating the visiting Marlins, much like the city of New York beats the visiting sharks.

Sort of like that shark with the long, pointy nose. What's it called?

I'm with Hot Saucerman regarding the arm that was pulled out of the sharks mouth. Tara Reid only had her hand bitten off, while the limb pulled from the shark went up to the elbow. I'm sure it was supposed to be hers but she replaces her hand, not her arm, with a saw leading me to believe only her hand was eaten. I blame the props department for the blunder. Bad writing didn't clear things up either.

post-30402-0-53366900-1406947700_thumb.jpg

post-30402-0-95553800-1406947718_thumb.jpg

zouks is lookin' good with that haircut!

also, i loved loved loved when they all started saying "sharked" instead of "shocked" so much

• Like 3

CORRECTIONS AND OMISSIONS

Ok so one of my biggest problems with this movie was the weather. You all didn't talk about how at any point in the movie it could switch from snowing to sunny to raining to flooding -no warning. While at the baseball game they claim it gets put on a rain delay over the loud speaker yet on the jumbotron it says SNOW DELAY. Then when they show the weather forecast it says something like MON:rain TUE:snow WED:sharks. And finally how does the stairwell flood up to the fourth floor yet when they get out of the building the sun is out and there is just a little bit of rain outside.

Also, in the first movie, I seemed to remember that people actually got wet. Seemed like this one was filmed at such a quick pace that they couldn't be bothered with the continuity of people being wet/dry.

How did Tara Reid get her luggage at the hospital after the plane crashed? Shouldn't that have burned up?