🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 90 — Sharknado 2: The Second One

Paul, how is it possible that they're already making sharknado 3 and no one will green light my script for "Bearricane"?

Just to follow up with some VLC snapshot proof that she used a stunt double for RUNNING UP THE STAIRS - there's no way that this is Vivica A. Fox!

post-96715-0-63638500-1407505455_thumb.png

I've brought this sort of thing up before, and while it would make sense for certain films to be interconnected or exist in the same universe (like if the President was the same guy in every Michael Bay movie or something), I'd be more interested in ones that SHOULDN'T be. For instance, what if in some R-rated adult-oriented action flick, someone's flipping through radio stations, and they come across a song by the most popular musical group in the land that just happens to be a bunch of anthropomorphic chipmunks that perform nothing but covers of already-popular songs, and NO ONE FINDS IT THE LEAST BIT UNUSUAL?

I guess this means that the Universe of the Sharknado movies is a Universe in which the Sharknado franchise does not exist... which means that, even with all the terrible Sharknadoes, it is the best of all possible Universes.

• Like 2

I guess this means that the Universe of the Sharknado movies is a Universe in which the Sharknado franchise does not exist... which means that, even with all the terrible Sharknadoes, it is the best of all possible Universes.

Paraphrasing Candide in response to a post about Alvin and the Chipmunks on a forum about Sharknado 2....

Well done indeed!

If there were prizes for Internetting, you should get one.

I tip my cap to you. :)

• Like 3

Two things:

Why has no one brought up how hilarious it was when the one woman during Fin's speech yells, "you're brilliant!"

And second, did anyone notice the size of the chainsaw bar when Fin slices through the shark that falls out of the sky? It's at least a good three feet long! And then in the next scene, totally back to normal. Ridiculous and incredible all at the same time.

Paraphrasing Candide in response to a post about Alvin and the Chipmunks on a forum about Sharknado 2....

Well done indeed!

If there were prizes for Internetting, you should get one.

I tip my cap to you. :)

Why, thank you! Speaking of Voltaire (yes I did just type that sentence on an Internet message board), maybe for Sharknado 3, we could have a Dead Authors Podcast/HDTGM crossover? Someone better call HG Wells!

http://static.libsyn.com/p/assets/7/b/7/b/7b7b6c543c221931/Faulkner.jpg

• Like 1

CORRECTION! The ring and hand at the end WAS DEFINITELY Tara Reids. Ian is looking for a weapon when he takes it out of the sharks mouth, and Taras hand was still clutching the pistol she was firing at the shark when it was bitten off. He also says "Won't be needing this again." Not "She won't be needing this again." The prop arms length is just dum dum prop work, the phrasing is just poor syntax.

Definitive proof that Karl Williams is right: "You grab my severed hand out of the shark's mouth," says Tara Reid to Ian Ziering in an "Us" magazine interview August 4, 2014 pg 68.

(By the way, I would much rather be quoting Voltaire.)

• Like 1

CORRECTIONS AND OMISSIONS:

When Judd Hirsch goes to swing across the water, he says that one of his legs is fake. This was a huge missed opportunity for him to swing across, have a shark grab one of his legs and rip it off, but he completes the swing and says "It's ok, he grabbed my fake leg!"

Also, I watched the first Sharkando and listened to its podcast before watching Sharkando 2. In the previous podcast, you talk about Fin getting swallowed by the shark and cutting his way out of the shark and you all agree that it would have been much better if he had been swallowed by the shark and he went straight out the other end of the shark, chainsaw cutting his way. That happens in Sharknado 2! Did Thunder Levin listen to your podcast and add that in his script?

Omission: The old baseball player says that 20 years ago, his father was sitting in that seat over there and he struck out. Citifield(Mets new stadium) is less than 8 years old.

Corrections and Omissions...

Anyone notice the book that "Train Wreck Tara" signed (scribbled) was an Tablet instruction manual and signifcantly smaller than the one shown on Kelly and Michael.

CORRECTIONS & OMMISSIONs

OMG pleeeeeassse write the next Sharknado, please. Like you mentioned in the first episode, the writers at SYFY are lazily asleep at the wheel.

Guys, I am not a science fiction writer ;), but isn't the first rule that you make rules for your world, and then *follow* them?

Can we address the entire sequence from leaving Citi Field to getting in the cab:

First, they leave on the 7 train (Mets-Willets Point) which is clearly marked (and correctly) at Citi Field. But then the "dumdum" MTA guys enter the tunnel near Manhattan to shut off the valve entering a door clearly ALSO marked Mets-Willets Point!

(um, production, can we get some cardboard on set to cover a sign, please?)

THEN in the tunnel they get chomped by an…. ALLIGATOR??? Clearly, it's an alligator. WTF? Was there also an ALIGATO that we never heard about?

THEN the train pulls in to Manhattan at 96 Street?? Was there a train transfer we never saw? The 7 train doesn't connect or go near 96 street at all, yet there are repeated shots of these 96 station signs…

(Hello, production….? Cardboard???)

And after they emergency stop the train (which are driven by actual people), why does the train driver decide to close the doors and continue along the shark tunnel like a lunatic?

Ian contemptuously remarks he hates the subway (no shit, apparently so does someone at SYFY), and finally they run up to the street and magically find Judd Hirsch waiting. Was there some kind of sky-shark-signal they used that we never heard about?

Besides all the other discrepancies that could be mentioned, I think it's time for SYFY to return to the scifi book and I look forward to seeing the superior How-Did-This-Get-shMado :) xo

Another favourite line of mine is the kid talking about his boarding school (further proof they love in or near NYC): "it's built like a brick prison".

That line is almost certainly a reference to Hunter College High School, the high school of the film's writer Thunder Levin, which is nicknamed "The Brick Prison" because it looks like...a brick prison. The high school was built on the site of the Squadron A Armory and 2 of the towers are still there.

• Like 1

OMISSION even though it's probably too late and it's more of a fun fact than an omission.

for the times square scene, when they go to biz markie's pizza place, a bodega, and a liquor store, those three locations are around the corner from me! they're on 8th ave between 50th and 51st. i go to the bodega and the liquor store, but that pizza place sucks (famous amadeus). i would have preferred biz markie's shark pizza.

Here's the things I didn't understand from this otherwise perfectly logical movie:

The subway tunnel turned into a river, and yet the subway cars continued to run. The electrically-powered subway. Wouldn't this have blown a fuse somewhere?

How was Tara Reid operating her buzzsaw? Again - ELECTRICAL. Yet there was no plug in site.

Finally, there is no way that was supposed to be her arm at the end! As Scott and many others have pointed out, Tara's hand was severed at the wrist. That arm at the end went up to the elbow. Unless Tara had a crazy long arm that we never noticed, it's not hers.

I feel there's some problem with the hosts understanding that people make stupid comedies on purpose. Call it the "Hudson Hawk Dilemma" - where it sounds like they're deliberately misunderstanding what are obviously jokes in order to wring some comedy out of it.

Okay, you may not like Sharknado 2, but at least appreciate that they're not trying to make a serious movie. Does anyone go up to Paul and ask him why San Diego needs an SUV-based anti-terrorism unit? Or tells Jason that there's no way anyone as crazy as Rafi would really exist? Yet that's how they're treating this movie.