🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
seanotron

Guardians of the Galaxy

NedZeSP.gif

HA!

No I'm not actually suggesting we cover this absolutely delightful film. But I know somewhere there's a joker who will sign up for an account just to suggest it because people without souls exist and they often have internet access.

CONSIDER THIS A PREEMPTIVE STRIKE

• Like 10

Yeah, I kind of figured this thread was coming, glad to see it's in jest.

• Like 1

I'm actually amazed that there weren't a bunch of these unlike last summer when EVERY week whatever the big movie was got nominated on the forum. I just came back from this and this movie was amazing. Also, considering this shows tangential connection to a character in this movie, Seth Green needs to continue his work within the Marvel Universe ;).

• Like 1

Seanotron: forgot to add jason would side with you on this decision, hell yes!

Ryan Sz: cut and paste everything from this thread.

I am sorry, i forgot. we should post this when the next movie comes out so we don't have to retype it all. just cut and paste it. what we said here with the next mainstream movie. it's easier that way. Will take turns.

I am sorry, i forgot. we should post this when the next movie comes out so we don't have to retype it all. just cut and paste it. what we said here with the next mainstream movie. it's easier that way. Will take turns.

It should be one of those things that's just permanently pinned to the top of the board, like the "Look to see if your movie has already been suggested" thread, but it could be something like "Knowing if your suggestion is HDTGM-worthy", which could include suggestions and examples of what NOT to do, like just leaving a link to the IMDB page without any rhyme, reason, or explanation. I posted something on the "Paranoia" page (Remember that movie? Me neither...) that STILL gets a lot of Likes for some reason about how something being 0% on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't mean that something is crazy bad. I'm going to go see what it was exactly...

• Like 1

Yeah, I kind of figured this thread was coming, glad to see it's in jest.

That is the most real, authentic, hysterical thread suggestion of his entire life because THAT IS NOT A JEST!

• Like 2

I watched the trailer this really does look bad to me. Not HDTGM bad but typical Hollywood garbage movie level bad.

Why do so many movie makers have to do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJEVYJNwxJI

This movie has to be good, it's got annoying boom sounds effects in it.

if people like this so much why are these simple effects albums not selling off the shelf, remove the middle man.

Mind you i do hear a lot of ass holes in cars driving around with big boom speakers in the back with the windows down in the hot summer, fulling knowing that they have Air conditioning and don't need to roll the windows down but still manage to do so.

The worst is tinnitus, drives me crazy in action movies. I have to turn the dam audio on mute because some stupid sound engineer was thinking it would be cool to use a high pitch ringing sound in a tv show or movie. not knowing that millions of people over the age of 30 are going to have ringing in there ears at some point in time.

I hear ya, but to be fair movie trailers usually aren't made by the actual film makers. Studios almost always outsource that stuff.

And Jerry, this movie is pretty great. It actually subverts a lot of tropes associated with these kinds of movies. And when it embraces those tropes it does so with a wink and a nudge.

Scary part is I did know that but forgot about it because I had gone into a long rant about annoying movie trailers.

there is even a movie about how movies are marketed. "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold" as soon as those sound effects hit me I can't focus. I don't like comicbook movies to begin with so I guess this isn't for me.

You may still like this one. It's more Star Wars than Iron Man. I know people that don't like Marvel movies that totally dug this one.

• Like 2

I thought it took balls to take the two biggest stars in the movie and make them the voices of the tree and the raccoon. It's so bizarre that Marvel is so crazy ahead of the game that they can pull this off and make this a hit, but WB/DC considers Wonder Woman a hard sell. Jesus, the fucking Great Lakes Avengers with be three movies deep into their own franchise before a Flash movie is ever made.

*Statement indicating an inability to comprehend that Sci-Fi involves suspension of disbelief*

Prediction time: Will week 2 GotG beat out week 1 TMNT?

I'm sure it's not what you meant, but it's not like Marvel's any better with female superheroes.

Very true, though they also said about 6 months ago that they had a rough draft on a Ms Marvel script so hopefully they'll get off their asses and get it done. I'm also hoping those rumors about Wakanda in Avengers 2 means we'll be seeing Black Panther sooner rather than later.

if the crew is doing a modern movie, it should be tmnt. that's going to have major lulz in it

Very true, though they also said about 6 months ago that they had a rough draft on a Ms Marvel script so hopefully they'll get off their asses and get it done. I'm also hoping those rumors about Wakanda in Avengers 2 means we'll be seeing Black Panther sooner rather than later.

Wakanda was briefly mentioned in Cap. America two as one of the many places/persons of interest for the laser targeting system, along with Tony Stark. That along with the rampant fan clamoring for the movie makes it not a matter of if but when the Black Panther film will be made, unfortunately Idris Elba is already working on the Thor movies otherwise he would have been a perfect candidate for the role.

So basically Phase 3 is building up to introducing 2-3 new characters in the leadup to fighting Thanos in an "Infinity Gauntlet" storyline. With the lineup right now being Ant Man, Cap. America 3, Dr. Strange, Guardians 2, and with Avengers 3 probably coming out in 2018 to keep in line with the three year gap between those films, there is room for one more movie in 2017 and 2018 each as Kevin Feige wants two Marvel films per year. So with those two possible openings, there could easily be a Panther movie in their along with maybe another Thor movie as Robert Downey Jr. is basically only doing Avengers movies now.

I'm sure it's not what you meant, but it's not like Marvel's any better with female superheroes.

I just meant that it's insane that it's gotten to the point where Marvel can build a great movie around a bunch of fourth-stringers and have it be one of the biggest success stories of the year, while WB/DC have trouble pulling the trigger on ANY movie that doesn't involve Batman. I just used Wonder Woman as an example because she's supposedly one of the "Big Three" as far as DC is concerned, but I still think we'll see a proper Black Widow movie from Marvel before too long and that it's as close to a sure thing as you can get in regards to characters that have been featured in other films that haven't yet had a solo flick. On the DC/WB side, the future of EVERYTHING hinges on how Batman/Superman performs, no matter how many movies or which movies they SAY they're going to make.

• Like 1

there is room for one more movie in 2017 and 2018 each as Kevin Feige wants two Marvel films per year.

Actually in 2017/18 they're doing 3 films a year, so there's plenty of room for new characters. The lineup looks like this so far:

May 1: The Avengers: Age of Ultron

July 17: Ant-Man

May 6: Captain America 3

July 8: Doctor Strange

May 5: Untitled

July 27: Untitled (Probably GOTG 2)

November 3: Untitled

May 4: Untitled (Probably Avengers 3)

July 6: Untitled

November 2: Untitled

May 3: Untitled

Guardians 2 is already listed for the July 28, 2017, but it still lends credence to the idea that at least 1-2 new unannounced characters will be introduced to build up Avengers 3. My feeling is that they will be single characters rather than more teams as it will be such an overload if Avengers 3 comes around and you have the Avengers, Guardians, Thunderbolts, Runaways, Inhumans, and others all vying for screen time.

Guardians 2 is already listed for the July 28, 2017, but it still lends credence to the idea that at least 1-2 new unannounced characters will be introduced to build up Avengers 3. My feeling is that they will be single characters rather than more teams as it will be such an overload if Avengers 3 comes around and you have the Avengers, Guardians, Thunderbolts, Runaways, Inhumans, and others all vying for screen time.

I agree I'm just saying they have even more room since in those 2 years they're expanding to 3 movies a year instead of 2. I'm sure Thor 3 will take one of those spots...maybe an Ant-Man 2 if that ends up being popular. So I'm hopeful we're looking at Black Panther and maybe a Black Widow movie, though I have a feeling they're going to leave her where she's at with supporting roles in Avengers and The Cap series. In which case a Captain Marvel movie would be cool. They could always seed that in GOTG 2 since she's a Kree.

Black Widow needs to stay as a supporting role, like Hawkeye and to an extent the Hulk, because that opportunity has been ruined outside of maybe a World War Hulk film which would be Avengers 4 or 5. Widow was always a background support character and I don't feel could carry a 90 minute or more movie. The same thing for Peggy Carter and Lady Sif, which for some reason people were calling for. It's moments like that where people seem to overestimate the pull of Marvel films.

Guardians was a long shot sure, but people still knew the characters and the series had some history. None of the women mentioned, outside of Widow who is getting something of a series going now, have had anything made that would warrant a full movie. While many may not like it, comics is still a man's world in regards to big characters, yet by trying to force in a film about any Marvel character with two X chromosomes, it will only hurt those people's cause as the films will come off as PC push-ins and the audience won't support them as well as other, better known properties.

Since James Gunn has already said there will be at least one new member of the Guardians for the next film I'm guessing it will either be Adam Warlock since his cocoon has been shown in two movies already or Angela who has become the newest member of the current team and has been revealed to be Loki and Thor's sister, there is a great connecting point between the two teams as well as Thor 3.

• Like 1

Oh, I disagree about Agent Carter. I am really looking forward to that show. Plus they've got Dominic Cooper back as Howard Stark. How can you not be interested in essentially a 1940s X-Files?

I also don't agree about female superhero films. GOTG's audience was 44% female. Comics are only a man's world behind-the-scenes - this myth about a lack of female nerds is just silly. And come on, who outside of the comics world had ever in their lives heard of Guardians of the Galaxy? I even know comic nerds who didn't really know who they were. And the current lineup didn't even appear in comics until 2008, so it doesn't have the same cache with older fans that Avengers did. If you can give a good story to a walking plant & a talking raccoon, surely you can give a female superhero a good story?

This is just a silly as DC claiming Wonder Woman is 'hard to do'. No she's not. She's Wonder Woman! Give her a lasso & a brightly-colored uniform and she'll do the rest.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this