🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 303 — Puttering Around

I want a solo bolo with PFT.... aka a "Polo Tolo"

You pretty much got one with this episode, because Loudon stopped talking after about 40 minutes in until the plugs section.

Scott: "I had a duck in here recently...or - a guy who thought he was a duck."

PFT: "Weird."

wait when? All I remember is a bunch of bros hanging out, mowing down on some bread, and wearing sailor suits.

• Like 7

Scott's rapping is improving. Somehow he managed not to start, "My name is Loudon and I'm here to say, it's fun to rap in a Y2K way..."

PFT has a damn nice beard in these photos. I wonder if he was fresh from his vacation in South Carolina.

• Like 4

Maybe it's just me, but for me, "Here Comes The Choppers" isn't available on iTunes.

I, too, immediately went do download it and was disappointed to find it unavailable. I really liked that song too!

• Like 2

Man, why doesn't Paul do Ice-T or John C Reilly or Danny Glover as much as he does these guys. I feel like The characters in this ep along with Gary Marshal are really played out and peaked early in their appearances.

Without Fourvel around I'm sort of dreading hearing ALW's voice.

I want old CDR back.

Although I will say Scott's on the top of his game with his odd little Scottisms. Long live Scott.

Maybe it's just me, but for me, the Sheriff of Cumberbatch County needs to hear a crime go.

• Like 4

"My wife." - Scott Aukerman.

I really appreciated the generous use of catchphrases frequently repeated phrases in this one.

"OU812 Riverside Dr." :D

• Like 1

I really liked Louden taking part in the discussion. He's pretty funny.

Funny enough that I kept confusing him with John Gemberling. He sounds almost identical.

We've never seen them both in the same place at the same time. I'm just sayin......

Geez, if PFT can't stick around for more than one segment it's no wonder he's barely ever invited to be on the show.

I'm just glad he didn't excuse himself to go get high or proudly proclaim "WHITE POWER" like he has in the past. The guy is a bit of a live wire if you ask me, which you didn't.

Man, why doesn't Paul do Ice-T or John C Reilly or Danny Glover as much as he does these guys. I feel like The characters in this ep along with Gary Marshal are really played out and peaked early in their appearances.

Without Fourvel around I'm sort of dreading hearing ALW's voice.

I want old CDR back.

Although I will say Scott's on the top of his game with his odd little Scottisms. Long live Scott.

I, for one, was absolutely expecting the overdue return of John C. Reilly following Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend.

(Though it has also been ages since Werner Herzog's last appearance on CBB The Podcast, though how can you top Grown Ups 3?)

(Though it has also been ages since Werner Herzog's last appearance on CBB The Podcast, though how can you top Grown Ups 3?)

What?

• Like 1

Maybe it's just because I listened to this on my way home from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, but from the Jesus Christ Superstar rap to the John Carpenter film discussion, I'm pretty sure Paul F. Tompkins is in possession of some sort of Infinity Stone of comedy. It's the most plausible explanation for his preternatural hilarity.

• Like 1

pft rules. complete manic intensity and willingness to go with ANYTHING, plus quick wit, plus an apparent pre-banked thought stream suitable for nearly any occasion… (subtle claim that TS Elliot invented rap, quickly followed by:)

“a theorum is when you say the same thing while wearing a laboratory coat.”

clearly off the cuff. dude is sick.

that's how far through the podcast i am. sadly, i listen slowly and savor ones this good.

• Like 2

Point of order!

Paul wasn't just on the 'Best Of' episodes, he was in the Erinn Hayes/Dan Telfer/Cake Boss episode... Until he went out to get high.

He also guest hosted way back!

Plus in a highly unorthodox move, he often shows up to plug without having been on the show.

• Like 3

pft rules. complete manic intensity and willingness to go with ANYTHING, plus quick wit, plus an apparent pre-banked thought stream suitable for nearly any occasion… (subtle claim that TS Elliot invented rap, quickly followed by:)

“a theorum is when you say the same thing while wearing a laboratory coat.”

clearly off the cuff. dude is sick.

that's how far through the podcast i am. sadly, i listen slowly and savor ones this good.

i want audio recordings of every conversation him and scott have ever had together, according to simple math they are all 100% the funniest shit ever.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with this Loudon guy but he makes some pretty good music. Normally when Scott (and Besser on i4h) has MUSICAL GUESTS I end up fast forwarding but this was enjoyable. I also liked Ron Sexsmith on that one ep, he should do another one.

I'm very glad they were so fastidious about closing their verbal parentheses on this episode. People think it's a joke, but if they don't close them the pod might not parse properly on your mp3 player. You would hear up to the first open paren, then it would skip to the next closed paren. This is almost as bad as the Who Charted episode with all the verbal curly brackets.

• Like 1

I'm very glad they were so fastidious about closing their verbal parentheses on this episode. People think it's a joke, but if they don't close them the pod might not parse properly on your mp3 player. You would hear up to the first open paren, then it would skip to the next closed paren. This is almost as bad as the Who Charted episode with all the verbal curly brackets.

wat

It is fun to rap in a spiritually ambiguous way!!!

[Also, I slipped in an "it's been awhile" at dinner at my parents' house over the weekend, and my poor wife nearly lost it trying not to laugh.]

• Like 1

I made a video for the episode: Andrew Lloyd Webber / Paul F. Tompkins Raps Jesus Christ Superstar - CBB 303

• Like 4

if anyone is making a sound effects album and uses the effects in this episode, PLEASE do not name them, despite Scott imploring you to give them detailed names. some of us want to remain spoiler-free with sound effects and want to decide for ourselves what we're hearing.

• Like 3

It is fun to rap in a spiritually ambiguous way!!!

[Also, I slipped in an "it's been awhile" at dinner at my parents' house over the weekend, and my poor wife nearly lost it trying not to laugh.]

I find it extremely difficult to not blurt out "IT'S BEEN AWHILE" Staind-style when someone says those words in conversation.

• Like 2

I live overseas now, and if there's one thing I miss about being in the US it's definitely my local CD shore.

• Like 2