Sign in to follow this  
Alec Station

Cradle 2 the Grave (2003)

this movie is perfect for the podcast because it is:

a.) super fun to watch

b.) incoherent nonsense

c.) stars rapper DMX who barks every single line

ย 

if you are wondering whether the choice to replace the word "to" with the number "2" in the title is indicative of just how stupid this movie is- the answer is yes, emphatically, yes.

ย 

the trailer for your consideration:

ย 

• Like 1

From the director of "Doom" and "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li!"

• Like 1

Don't forget Tom Arnold!

ย 

I saw DMX randomly at the Warped Tour when I was like 16 or something and even though I wasn't a fan, I have to say he was an absolute amazing stage presence like you've never seen. I remember being really blown away by him. It sounds like his intensity spilled a little out of control though with all his fake FBI arrests and what not. Still, this movie is bonkers

• Like 1

I co-sign this recomendation. This movie is crazy and perfect for HDTGM... Without giving to much away the scene in the hangar where the bad guys do a presentation to sell the "black diamonds" is mind blowing ( "New World Order" )

ย 

If Paul, June, Jason and Scott were confused about Fast & Furious 6's drivers changing world events I don't know what they'll think if they review "Cradle 2 the Grave" in the podcast but I bet it will be EPIC!

ย 

P.S.: Stay throug the entire credits ;)

Here is a classic story from the set of Cradle 2 the grave

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4e50Nchi_g

ย 

Starts at about 45 seconds in. When the halt production to play with toy helicopters for 4 hours.

ย 

I have a feeling that Blake Harris could dig up a lot of dirt on this movie or any other movie where they pair up a hip hop artist with a martial arts star

This would be an a great episode. One of my favorite parts of this movie are three main guys psyching themselves up by looking each other in the eyes and saying "FAITH!"

It seems DMX gets sidetracked a lot with remote control toys. I think they can do a series of podcasts on DMX movies

ย 

It's really bold to make the first film in a franchise a sequel.

ย 

ย 

When I first saw this movie I thought it actually was a sequel or spin off to Romeo Must Die, because Anthony Anderson, Jet Li and DMX are all playing very similar characters.

Sign in to follow this