🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
AshtonFarr

The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story

What I'm amazed by is that they haven't edited the original autobiography and re-released it to coincide with this movie coming out. Also I love that the Mario actor just decides to start doing push-ups while the girls battle over who's in the center of the picture.

• Like 1

Maisie really needs to push for a SBTB style intro for Game of Thrones.

What I'm amazed by is that they haven't edited the original autobiography and re-released it to coincide with this movie coming out. Also I love that the Mario actor just decides to start doing push-ups while the girls battle over who's in the center of the picture.

That was the best.

According to Dustin he was too busy sleeping with 2000 women to have a bad time.

Including a married NBC exec.

Including a married NBC exec.

I guess we all know how Brandon Tartikoff got a part in that one episode then, right? LOVES the Screech dong, that guy...

• Like 1

I kind of wonder if they can't, especially since Diamond admitted a lot of stuff in the book was made up (though he tried to blame it all on a ghost writer).

If it is written by Dustin Diamond no thanks to me seeing it. If it is an outside source or one of the other cast maybe. DD was a total douche if the stories are true and he was the one cast member everyone hated.

I also love to look at later roles the cast took and see if it fits as a future for that character.

Mark Paul Gossler - Zach was a fast talking teen who got into trouble then got himself out with his wits.. Now he is a fast talking lawyer who uses those wits to help clients in their legal troubles (Franklin and Bash)

Tiffany Amber Theissen - Kelly Kapowski was all American girl and a cheerleader. Seemed really down to earth. She goes to college and gets art/design education and marries a FBI agent and becomes friends with his con man Criminal Informant (White Collar)

Elizabeth Berkley - Jessie is the teenage feminist who protest for or against everything. Living the post college life she struggles to make ends meet and ends up sacrificing her morals and becomes a stripper (Showgirls)

Mario Lopez - Played a smart good looking jock in HS, went to college and became a good looking doctor (Nip/tuck and Bold and the Beautiful) OR in another dimension became a police officer (Pacific Blue)

Lark Vorhees - In and out of TV nothing I am familiar with..

• Like 1

I think a better one for Mario Lopez would be 'good-looking but bland jock goes on to be good-looking but bland TV presenter'

• Like 2

So did anyone actually make it all the way through this? I tried, but ooof, I had to tune out.

It wasn't so bad it's good. It was so bad it's bad.

I'm sure they couldn't include the more scandalous sections of Diamond's book because they'd get the shit sued out of them (esp since even he admits a lot of it is made up), but they could have spiced it up a little. It was so damn boring. And that kid they picked to play MPG was a major miscast.

So did anyone actually make it all the way through this? I tried, but ooof, I had to tune out.

Yes. It was everything I had hoped it would be.

I forgot it was on until after it had started, but I recorded the later airing. Sounds like mixed opinions (here and elsewhere) as to whether it's worth watching or not. I'll probably save it until the aforementioned Go Bayside! covering it. Speaking of...

And that kid they picked to play MPG was a major miscast.

April Richardson @Apey · 14h

REAL TALK for real: I even think this kid playing fake Zack is charming as hell. #unauthorized

• Like 1

I forgot it was on until after it had started, but I recorded the later airing. Sounds like mixed opinions (here and elsewhere) as to whether it's worth watching or not. I'll probably save it until the aforementioned Go Bayside! covering it. Speaking of...

April Richardson @Apey · 14h

REAL TALK for real: I even think this kid playing fake Zack is charming as hell. #unauthorized

I will always defer to April on all things SBTB, but I really thought he was the biggest casting boo boo. Now the guy playing Principal Belding...that guy was gold.

Those crazy fake eyebrows, on the other hand, those were definitely a casting coup.

Yes. It was everything I had hoped it would be.

I was hoping for something more trainwreck-y (a la Liz & Dick).

The only scandalous thing in the movie is that Screech drank and smoked some pot.

The rest of the movie was about the cast outside of screech... Mostly getting along? The only slight blip was Lisa getting a little pissed about Zack and Kelly hitting it off - which she got over in one scene.

I genuinely don't understand why some people liked this movie. Almost nothing of consequence happens at all.

• Like 1

I'm 30 minutes or so in, and I'm amused that they're acting like the cancellation of "Miss Bliss" after five months was like "MASH" coming to an end or something, like it wasn't just some shitty show full of nobodies on the Disney Channel.

Why is everyone parking ACROSS the parking spaces?

I love the random shit being carried around the sets. Jesus statue, giant hamburger, dinosaur...

This would be so much better if it was based on what April Richardson and her "Go Bayside" guests THOUGHT the set was like. It'd be full of 60-something writers, frustrated foley artists and sound effects guys, Don FUCKING Barnhart!

Jesus, you'd swear that they were doing the behind-the-scenes story of an Aaron Sorkin drama.

Fake Mark Paul looks like he's about 12.

I'm shocked by the amount of licensed music that's popping up in this thing. They've just played "Word Up" though for like the second time in 10 minutes. I think it would have been funny if this movie had the same generic synth shit throughout it that the show had.

Oh fuck, Lifetime's got a Brittany Murphy biopic on the way?

That Brittany Murphy biopic definitely looks amazing.

I mean THIS is their Alicia Silverstone

vyh7wxbdqttdodslnndv.png

THIS IS THEIR ALICIA SILVERSTONE

If HDTGM covers this I look forward to the return of Wig Talk with June Diane Raphael

• Like 3

That Brittany Murphy biopic definitely looks amazing.

I mean THIS is their Alicia Silverstone

vyh7wxbdqttdodslnndv.png

THIS IS THEIR ALICIA SILVERSTONE

If HDTGM covers this I look forward to the return of Wig Talk with June Diane Raphael

These shitty, no-production-value Lifetime biopics border on being offensive, or else I'd say that they could probably get THE Alicia Silverstone for that thing.

Holy fuck, CGI Screech...