🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 304 — Marissa Wompler’s Six Flags Birthday Womptacular

I didn't read the whole guest list, because I'm at work, ostensibly working. When Don DeMello showed up, I was like, OH WHAT! Happy Wompler's Birthday to us all!!!!

I real enjoyed this episode

Loved Dabney, and glad to have Zouks back again so soon.

But, do we need to run these episodes by Yo, Is This Racist? before airing? I was embarrassed to be listening once they started in with Kimmy & Katie started (have those characs been on before?)

Yes, I found Seth's comments to be quite racist indeed. All that Jap talk, what kind of monster is he? Those poor girls.

Jason/Eric throwing in a Tompkinsesque "What's that?" when Scott mentioned that they are now "Eskimo Brothers" :'D

• Like 6

Loved Dabney, and glad to have Zouks back again so soon.

But, do we need to run these episodes by Yo, Is This Racist? before airing? I was embarrassed to be listening once they started in with Kimmy & Katie started (have those characs been on before?)

They were on Wompler's pool party episode last year. IIRC, Gutterballs confessed to a three-way with Danielle and Katie.

So weird the way Marissa seemed to become a different person when talking about the hit USA comedy Playing House.

Also, I got kind of a Walter Matthau vibe from Dabney.

• Like 2

Perhaps there should be a true solo bolo where Scott hosts and does all of his characters - Dr. Ping Pong Jones, Chief Queef, Gillzy, Dabney, etc.

I don't know if you can ever truly have a solo bolo because you always need an Engineer Cody.

• Like 2

"People normally count to 3"

"Well, it's a bigger camera"

Crying in the office listening to this

• Like 1

I think Scott owes us a rendering of that caricature Dabney drew of Marissa. Or at the very least one of Traci Rearden as an ice cream cone.

• Like 1

I also love how everyone (especially Jason) dropped their characters almost immediately after Dabney showed up so they could properly criticize Scott's character work. What a joy.

• Like 11

Since there are so many ladies on these womptacular's, does anyone truly know who is doing the voices of the Asian girls? I want to say Lissler is doing the lower voice and the girl from Bang Bang Theory is doing the higher voice, but I have no freaking clue and it upsets me. I normally have no problem at all discerning what charac is coming from what person's mouth, but I'm at a loss

All I wanted to say is that the two asian girls consistently bring me so many laughs, particularly the lower voice, always seems to pipe in unexpectedly with ridiculous lines

I am legitimately sad that Marissa and Gutterballs still can't make it work

I'm unreasonably invested in their relationship, and I felt truly joyful that they were together in the beginning... but scalped birthday wish birds with their curses and back from the dead mortal enemies always gotta ruin everything.

He doesn't deserve you Marissa. Move on dot org baby girl.

• Like 11

He said an engineer cody. Doesn't have to be Cody. It could be lead engineer cody Brett.

i blame my manic UTU2TM? depression.

• Like 5

I am legitimately sad that Marissa and Gutterballs still can't make it work

I'm unreasonably invested in their relationship, and I felt truly joyful that they were together in the beginning... but scalped birthday wish birds with their curses and back from the dead mortal enemies always gotta ruin everything.

He doesn't deserve you Marissa. Move on dot org baby girl.

I said this same thing to my sister after listening to the episode and she told me I should be embarassed, so I'm glad someone else understands!

Side note, I'm trying to put together the playlist Listler plays over the course of the episode and I'm pretty certain I've got all of them except whatever she plays when they release the bird. If anyone can figure that out you'd be my hero.

• Like 2

Signed up just to show my appreciation for Scott's input this ep. Describing Playing Houses as "a less funny Suits" was one of my fave CBB lines ever. Also Zouks walking the line of breaking character just to gets jabs in on Hot Saucerman was a lot of fun.

• Like 4

i blame my manic UTU2TM? depression.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this. I think about it all of the time to the point where I can't get stuff done at work because I can't stop thinking about SOME FUUUUCKIN T SHIRTS BRO, or im not SHOUTING, or Squarespace - go put it in your butt, or when did you first hear about U2, or showing your penis to the dentist, or is this U2?, or the myriad of sub podcats, or the names of the four members of U2, or Adam Scott's insane sincerity in how much he loves U2

• Like 11

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this. I think about it all of the time to the point where I can't get stuff done at work because I can't stop thinking about SOME FUUUUCKIN T SHIRTS BRO, or im not SHOUTING, or Squarespace - go put it in your butt, or when did you first hear about U2, or showing your penis to the dentist, or is this U2?, or the myriad of sub podcats, or the names of the four members of U2, or Adam Scott's insane sincerity in how much he loves U2

*pretends to hand over audio cable and then quickly pulls it away*

• Like 5

I said this same thing to my sister after listening to the episode and she told me I should be embarassed, so I'm glad someone else understands!

Side note, I'm trying to put together the playlist Listler plays over the course of the episode and I'm pretty certain I've got all of them except whatever she plays when they release the bird. If anyone can figure that out you'd be my hero.

It sounds like the same opening guitar from Run Rudolph Run by Chuck Berry

• Like 1

Describing Playing Houses as "a less funny Suits" was one of my fave CBB lines ever.

Maybe it's just me, but for me, nothing could be funnier than their Time Warner commercial with Bill Cowher.

• Like 1

zouks' soft wheezy laugh while scott was struggling through interviewing dabney was EVERYTHING to me

• Like 3

Melissa Rauch is doing Katie and Lennon Parham does the other one.

Thank you! I have to say I have a vendetta against the big bang theory and will never stoop to watching it but this chick is okay with me. Parham on the other hand is gold, I just want to crawl inside her trundle

I'd like to think Andy Daly bringing his kid in had to do with miscommunication and him forgetting it was his day to watch the kid after committing to this.

• Like 2