🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 45 — Johnny Pemberton, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes are extremely pissed about having to do so many Ice Bucket Challenges all week. On the bright side, they talk about some very exciting development opportunities involving newspaper comic strip properties. Then guest JOHNNY PEMBERTON arrives to speak on his famous charity stunts and eat a whole pack of gum for Engineer Sam. Finally, the Popcorn Gallery returns, and Johnny explains points on the back end and the dangers of baseball tricks. ​

I'm sorry to hear about Johnny's bad shits. :(

Tbh I transcend race. That's why it's cool for me to wear a feather headdress, grass skirt, and a third thing that some particular race wears, maybe an Eskimo hat or whatever.

And doesn't it seem a little bit too obvious for me to be Andrew Ti? #fogelnestfalseflag

• Like 2

Some pretty hot scoops regarding the Foxtrot movie. I'm disappointed they didn't confirm/deny any of the casting rumors around who would be doing the CG work for Jason's pet lizard though. Most sources are speculating that Paul Giamatti will be the one donning the green suit and eating bugs, which seems like a pretty obvious choice. I was hoping for somebody a little more surprising, like a Kevin Hart or Sara Silverman. Somebody who can really emote those little, judgmental break in the fourth wall, lizard looks that Quincy was known for.

I made a picture of Johnny Pemberton with some balls drawn on his cheek and a caption that read "Do I have gum on my face?" as a reply to his call to arms, but I deleted it. He got pretty crazily defensive out of no where, so I'm wondering if he's maybe had problems with message boards slinging dicks on his face in the past and his anger was more directed at them.

• Like 2

way too low energy, especially considering this was one of the 'long' ones.

I think they could go still lower. Maybe Sean could nap through one of the segments? Just spitballing here.

• Like 3

Since no one else wants to, I'll go ahead and say it: Hollywood Handbook and The Bone Zone exist in the same universe and this episode proves it. We in the scientific community long thought that Brendon and Randy were the Bizarro-verse versions of Sean and Hayes, respectively, but this crucial bridge episode shows that the Irony Vibe of both shows is compatible, and maybe the Bizarro-verse is just a stupid fuckin' comic book thing and we podcast scientists shouldn't have adopted it as a serious theory.

The "Apparently" kid is from right outside my home town so, APPARENTLY, I'm famous by association. B)

#coolguyalert

• Like 1

i think they were saying "veebs" wrong

• Like 5

Okay Johnny Tsunami, surfs up bro, you asked for it.

First, you're so gay. 2nd I don't think u even have a clothing company or stock in apples so like what are you doin with urself other than being a total gaylord? Lol sry had to do it to u!!

• Like 1

Oh oh and I've heard of a metric ton, but a pember ton? Hold my fuckin dick that's so whack

• Like 4

Hey guys I was looking back on some of our older threads from the golden age (8-14 weeks ago) and here are the big differences I noticed:

1) Freja posted a TON, and all the posts were good. Come back to us, Freezus

2) More "like"s all around

3) Chanson was gone. I don't think that Chanson being gone specifically helped our post-counts or overall forum health, but I do think we should get some of that rawness back by kicking someone out. I nominate Joe McGurl, who, by some pretty advanced simulations, should be most effective.

4) Higher bit saturation. Posts would kick off conversations, and those conversations would have 10-40 replies, all within the bit!

c'mon guys

• Like 13

1) Freja posted a TON, and all the posts were good. Come back to us, Freezus

<insert "aw shucks" bashful sentiment here> well as several of you on here have mentioned in order to embarrass me, i got hamburgered and have to, like, spend time with him to show him i care about him or w/e (foreign concept to this idiot who's only ever done LDRs before). also, as i bitch about nearly erry week on here, school crushed my soul this summer. now that it's done, i'm back with a vengeance-- get ready, tim.

anyone tracking asteck's facebook activity? b/c I SURE AM and he makes me lol every night as i lay in bed at 8:30 p.m. with several bennies coursing through my bloodstream ;) bennies is short for benadryl you guys-- i have chronic sleep issues haha so fun

i think i left my kindle fire at the gym the other day and instead of panicking about the physical loss of a $200 item from my life, i'm panicking about the fact that whoever stole it will see that the entire archive of downloaded shows on there are the bachelor, the bachelorette, and big brother. annnd it's like, a lot of episodes. a lot a lot. LOSER ALERT. FUCK.

• Like 13

It's a problem with trends, Tim. I've done some group testing myself and it turns out that not posting is considered to be "cooler" than posting on these forums at this stage in the game. With the popularity of the show rising, posting has become an act described by veterans of the forums as "mainstream", "poser", "n00bie" and "jerk-off" behavior. Studies also show that the more you post, the higher your Lame-O-Meter climbs. It's pretty advanced metrics but the results are easy to understand.

The desire to be perceived as cool in the Hollywood Handbook forum community is something that will be difficult to overcome. The only way to save the day of the forums is for everyone to be through being cool.

• Like 9

<insert "aw shucks" bashful sentiment here> well as several of you on here have mentioned in order to embarrass me, i got hamburgered and have to, like, spend time with him to show him i care about him or w/e (foreign concept to this idiot who's only ever done LDRs before). also, as i bitch about nearly erry week on here, school crushed my soul this summer. now that it's done, i'm back with a vengeance-- get ready, tim.

anyone tracking asteck's facebook activity? b/c I SURE AM and he makes me lol every night as i lay in bed at 8:30 p.m. with several bennies coursing through my bloodstream ;) bennies is short for benadryl you guys-- i have chronic sleep issues haha so fun

i think i left my kindle fire at the gym the other day and instead of panicking about the physical loss of a $200 item from my life, i'm panicking about the fact that whoever stole it will see that the entire archive of downloaded shows on there are the bachelor, the bachelorette, and big brother. annnd it's like, a lot of episodes. a lot a lot. LOSER ALERT. FUCK.

This episode was funny, I enjoyed all the wonderfully terrible shit experience that I too have / can relate to. My girlfriend can't go to the back of the apartment after I get done with it because it's so fucking gnasty.

Speaking of girlfs, Freja you got hamburged too? Relationships are so weird, you have to like, do them and what not.

I too have sleep issues and don't resort to popping zany bars or perk 10s or z quil or any sleep aid. Wine helps me get all sleepy though, but I have a problem where I'll drink the whole bottle instead of just a glass. This happens every time i say i'll have a 'glass'

I miss the forums, I feel like I'm way too busy to get on them, but I'm trying to stay up. Ma budz on here know I'm an OG poster and i don't care if none of yall know me!!!

keep my name out ur mouf!

just kidding.

• Like 11

I too have sleep issues and don't resort to popping zany bars or perk 10s or z quil or any sleep aid. Wine helps me get all sleepy though, but I have a problem where I'll drink the whole bottle instead of just a glass. This happens every time i say i'll have a 'glass'

in a way your wine drinking is like a form of self-medication, i think its like all-natural and been used for 100+ years tho so your good

• Like 9

Keep posting, something nice is coming for you OG RSS/HHB headz. More deets when I'm not so busy being a "scientist" and working on "publications" so that they will give me "money" and a "masters degree"

• Like 4