🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 168 — Music Industry

Today's "anything goes" episode starts off with the gang talking about their feelings about traveling for work and bring back the mother meditation. Then, have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes in the music industry? Jim Roach is in the hatch to talk about owning a label, consumer behavior, and how he got to where he is now, and much more!

• Like 1

Kyle's musical act was gold. When they were asking him to do something other than say how all the noises are made with his body and he kept doing it, that felt like the seeds of a really funny sketch/character - a musician whose lyrics are ALL just describing what they're doing.

Also, two weeks in a row with Tig doing voices ("Inconceivable!" last week, morning DJ this week) is a trend I can get behind.

Good guest/discussion, too.

Kyle's musical act was gold. When they were asking him to do something other than say how all the noises are made with his body and he kept doing it, that felt like the seeds of a really funny sketch/character - a musician whose lyrics are ALL just describing what they're doing.

"Well, my name's Rappin' Kyle and I'm here to say, my name's Rappin' Kyle and I'm here to say…"

• Like 2

Serious, SERIOUS tears of joy at the Body Rap. I need to start making notes for next year's best of because this is shooting to the top. The one weird throat noise that ended every rap only got better every time.

Not to mention that the raps never, ever rhymed.

• Like 1

I so enjoyed the never ending series of DJs introducing the same song. The show is at its best when they engage in silly little exercises like this.

And Mother Meditation is now my favourite feature on the show.

• Like 3

That body rap segment was gold. I shed actual tears of laughter, and had to turn it off to take a few minutes to catch my breath. Seriously that is some funny stuff. Kyle is the best!

Blasternauts and Hosts! Here's a little Mac pro-tip to silence the "boop boop boop" sound when changing the volume via the keyboard. Hold down the Shift key and then you'll have SILENCE! Woooooot! ... Unless if you want to hear the "boop boop boop boop."

I had actual tears streaming down from the body rap. One of the hardest I've had to maintain ever at Earwolf.

• Like 3

4 year old Tig, being mean to Brett, the Vietnam vet, body rap, the radio DJs, pleeease.. Classic Professor Blastoff this week.

I had actual tears streaming down from the body rap. One of the hardest I've had to maintain ever at Earwolf.

If only we could see it.

Stard you stood strong after taking some Ramhand-level abuse early on too.

Blasternauts and Hosts! Here's a little Mac pro-tip to silence the "boop boop boop" sound when changing the volume via the keyboard. Hold down the Shift key and then you'll have SILENCE! Woooooot! ... Unless if you want to hear the "boop boop boop boop."

i think those boops were sounds, made from kyle's body

• Like 5

Is this the first Body Rap? I need to catalog all of it.

i think this is the first body rap. and i had to come back to search for it after seeing Kyle doing the body rap on Inside Amy Schumer (season 3, episode 2).

just brilliant.