🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
justinmh05

U2's new album to be out soon

the Irish Times quotes a source saying there will be a single in September, an album in September or October and a tour announced in December, with dates beginning in April of next year.

That's all well and good, but when are they coming out with some new t-shirts?!

• Like 6

That's all well and good, but when are they coming out with some new t-shirts?!

more importantly, what is Bono's deductible like right now, bro?

And are college girls gonna' be into it?

Parts of Dublin were under lockdown yesterday to shoot a new music video by Mark Romanek - many suspect the lovable lads from Liverpool may have been involved... :D

• Like 1

Rumor has it that Old Sour Puss Brian Eno is producing, and will be reaching out to Todd Glass to borrow his PA for that added reverb.

• Like 3

If this is true about the new album being released pre-loaded on the new iPhone:

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/09/04/apple-iphone-6-u2-launch/

...then I know a couple of Scotts who might want to do a little shopping, if you know what I mean.

(What I mean is that they might buy new iPhones to get the new U2 album, if you know what I mean.)

(By now you should know what I mean.)

• Like 2

Apparently it IS true. U2 just sent out a message to its fanclub to watch the full Apple Live Stream.

• Like 3

Just imagining the frantic texting between Scott and Scott right now and the high five they'll give each other when they meet up before the next podcast makes me smile. I'm more excited for the podcasts than actually listening to the album!

• Like 3

someone needs to make a Todd Glass remix of this album.... (i.e. overdubbed with a live drummer hired from craigslist and lots of reverb)

the cover art is a bit underwhelming, but it kind of reminds me of UB40's early records due to it's sparseness... and the use of the letter "U" followed by a number.

• Like 3

I just saw the news pop up about U2, and my first thought was that I had to get over here and share in the joy (I dont give a damn about U2)!!!

Begin the chant, EP PER SONG, EP PER SONG!!

• Like 4

Ugh, the track titles are painful. Cheeseball city! I can't wait to hear Scott and Scott talk about this.

• Like 2

Ugh, the track titles are painful. Cheeseball city! I can't wait to hear Scott and Scott talk about this.

California (There is no end to love) is a classic 'This is the best song title you could come up with?' song title.

• Like 1

"...stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before..." - Bono.

Of course, we all knew that U2 would be doing 2 albums, thanks to Scott relating that piece of information that the dude from the band Danger Mouse is in let slip in an interview.

Lots of U Talkin' U2 To Mes to come!

• Like 3

Bono's letter about the new album has enough good material for a full episode on its own I think.

http://www.u2.com/ne...tle/remember-us

Whoa, theforeverlostsoul! Are you doing an episode of 2's Clues right now? You are finding all of the good info!

• Like 6