🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kylinsky

Blown Away (1994)

So I caught this movie on Cinemax the other day, and it has a lot of the makings for a good HDTGM discussion.

It's an action thriller with no action, or thrills.

It has some really terrible(racist?) Irish accents throughout.

Unsolved Mysteries-esque flashback sequences.

Tommy Lee Jones is essentially playing his Two-Face character a full year before Batman Forever. Except his Irish accent makes him complete indecipherable.

And, the pinnacle fight scene follows a laughable Rube Goldberg bomb through a beached boat that for some reason has a roulette table in it.

It really could have been a great movie. It has elements of Backdraft, Speed, and The Rock.. but falls flat on its face, and delivers no tension and laughable performances from Academy Award winning actors.

This thing is currently playing in the Cinemax lineup, and I highly recommend it to the HDTGM audience.

• Like 1

As I recall, no one in this movie could maintain a consistent Irish accent for more than 30 seconds.

• Like 1

There was also a "Blown Away" from around the same time that had the two Coreys and Nicole Eggert. That one would also be good for HDTGM

• Like 3

That one was my first thought when I saw the thread title. If I recall, there was a sex scene with a giant teddy bear at least tangentially involved.

• Like 1

That one was my first thought when I saw the thread title. If I recall, there was a sex scene with a giant teddy bear at least tangentially involved.

Wait, was the teddy bear named Gyuubee?

• Like 4

Almost forgot!

This movie features Forrest Whitaker in some uncomfortably short shorts.

• Like 1

Tommy Lee Jones might as well have dressed up in all green, dancing around with shamrocks in his hands for the subtleness of his accent work in this movie.

• Like 1

Also notable for father-and-son Lloyd and Jeff Bridges working together on the big screen for probably the only time.

There was also a "Blown Away" from around the same time that had the two Coreys and Nicole Eggert. That one would also be good for HDTGM

This. When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought of that one as opposed to the Bridges/Jones one. But I cannot remember what the one with the Coreys was actually about. All I remember was naked Nicole Eggert.

Sign in to follow this