🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rattrap007

Bingo (1991)

http://www.imdb.com/...101455/combined

Been a LONG time since i've seen this but it is a weird little family movie.

Circus dog runs away and meets a young boy. The boy can't keep it because Dad is allergic. The dad is a kicker for a pro football team and has just been traded so they are moving across the country. The dog is following and gets into adventures along the way.

This movie has some really odd things to mock:

-- The boy is named Chuckie and has an OLDER brother named Chickie.. Chickie? And this kid was named BEFORE Chuckie? Oooohkaaay..

-- The dog testifies in a court. The stenographer then reads back the testimony in barks.

-- The dog and boy meet when the kid crashes his bike in the woods and is knocked unconcious in a small stream. The dog drags him out and resuscitates him by jumping onto his chest. The boy passes out again. The boy awakes to find himself stripped to his underwear, clothes hung on a clothes line drying with a nearby fire and a tent (iirc). Manzoukus will call that the boy was raped and I am inclined to believe him.

• Like 1

God I keep having memories of multiple people trying to murder the dog in this movie.

Also I believe Chuckie is the same actor who played Kevin Spacey's shithead kid in The Ref.

• Like 1

God I keep having memories of multiple people trying to murder the dog in this movie.

Also I believe Chuckie is the same actor who played Kevin Spacey's shithead kid in The Ref.

According to IMDB he is.

My grandmother bought this for me on VHS when I was a kid, much to the chagrin of my parents at the time. No one had ever heard of it, but hey, it had a kid in it and a dog on the cover so sell it to children!

I enjoyed this movie too as a kid when it was first released under another title "benji" why do I remember Omar Sharif being in it for some odd reason. and yet I can't find him listed in it.. I am sure the story is the same plot-line.

Sign in to follow this