🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 307 — Ruth’s Ross Dress For Loss

The masters of their craft, Jack Black and Kyle Gass of Tenacious D join the first timers club on this week's Comedy Bing Bong! They talk about their life expectancy, hanging out in the Mr. Show days, and give us a 'sclusy regarding the spooky themed 2nd Annual Festival Supreme. Then, returning champ Regina Crimp is back to tell us about branching out into singing covers of other theme songs besides America's Funniest Home Videos and collabos with the D. Plus, Russ, CEO for ROSS Dress for Less drops by to share all the details about the new back to school sale at ROSS. That’s not all, The D perform some jingles for us live!

After all that talk about them last week I'm sure Scott must have been shocked to find out Tenacious D were gonna be on this week. I mean what are the odds?

• Like 1

Oh man, it was exciting enough seeing the D were here, but on top of that we have Regina Crimp AND a Joe Wengert character? Why do you love us SO much?

• Like 5

IMG_7303.jpg

This photo is super amazing, but...... Lauren is married? My dreams have been crushed!

• Like 9

"...when I learned that Parry Farrell was a play on 'peripheral'."

"Oh, really? What did he play on it?"

Three musical geniuses in one episode? Yes please! Also, JB KG talkin' U2 to me!

• Like 5

The Russ character didn't quite work for me (premise was a bit thinner than most of Joe's previous characters), but Wengert is so funny that he was still pretty great.

Regina collaborating with The D? Incredible!

Are Late Aug and Musical Aug related to Rod Aug?

• Like 4

The Russ character didn't quite work for me (premise was a bit thinner than most of Joe's previous characters), but Wengert is so funny that he was still pretty great.

I agree that it would have been better with a little more time/spotlight to flesh it out, but yeah, Wengert is aces.

Jerry Seinfeld must agree about the Mellencamp theory. In an early episode of Seinfeld, someone corrected him on the pronunciation of their name, and he sarcastically said "Yeah, and I'm Jerry Cougar Mellencamp" to the side.

There was a plugs theme around ep 110 where they did a self plug during their plug theme.

Joe Wengerts characrer constantly on the verge of tears was very funny. Dude should calm down, hang out with some bros, mow on some bread and find a sailor suit in a pile of clothes at ross

Mariell Hemingway disease? You're losing it Scott

• Like 4

realizing that people who were born in 1957 really are 57 years old seriously made me happy

• Like 14

This is the 4th episode that Lauren Lapkus and Joe Wengert have been on together. Are they bff's, or what? I hope they are!

could have used a "wonderboy" sprinkled in at some point, but JB's all brand jingle easily made up for the lack of tunage.

cleeeeeeeean one-wiper!

hey, wait guys, Are Late Aug and Musical Aug related to Rod Aug?

• Like 2

It's simply unfathomable that Mr. Black and Mr. Rage have never heard of Harris Wittles, I was under the impression that Foam Corner has made him an interstellar hit.

• Like 4

realizing that people who were born in 1957 really are 57 years old seriously made me happy

Scott also seems to think that it being 2014 means that every year (i.e. 2026) is 14 years (or ballots) from now.

• Like 4