🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 47 — Zoe Jarman, Our Close Friend

I've been listening to The Reality Show Show (where reality doesn't bites) and on the Sean O'Connor episode "Motorboatin'", Sean and Hayes discuss people from The Challenge who've moved on to greater things and the first two they mention are Paul Walker and Philip Seymour Hoffman. The next is Meryl Streep. If anything happens to Meryl, so help me S&H. There's also a low-key "too scary" on that ep. in response to a roller derby name.

What these old episodes of RSS have taught me is that I really love Sean and Hayes. I love the way Hayes said "Yuh juss gah kicked off tha show." I love that Sean asked for help finding a home for some abandoned kittens he saw in a parking lot. I love knowing that Hayes had a girlfriend in middle school, because he totally seems like that kind of guy. I love knowing Sean's social security number and his sister's favorite number, because both are very useful to me. I love how much they already hate talking about reality shows by episode 12. I love that Sean gets upset with Padma for offering to send some salt to an eliminated contestant. I love how Hayes admitted he cries every time he hears Cassadee Pope sing "Over You." I love how mean they are about a middle-aged country singer winning The X Factor. I just love these guys. I love 'em with all of my heart. "You went away, how dare you. I miss you....I'm not going to ever get over you."

• Like 18

You guys watch that last episode of The Leftovers? Dat baby gone.

What I don't like about that show is how they never show the orgies that must go on at the Guilty Remnant house. If she smokes, she pokes.

• Like 2

You guys watch that last episode of The Leftovers? Dat baby gone.

That show is pretty bawler. I feel like I've got crushes on all these sad people. I've got a big ole 'ghey' crush on the chief. I have a 'wanna give a big hug' crush on gladys especially post stoning. I have a creeper crush on the teens, the girls and the twin guys, but it's more like a 'lets party together' than a sexual thing. And of course, I have a big crush on stabby stabby neck neck women. Patty is her name?

Last episode was really good though.

• Like 3

I've been listening to The Reality Show Show (where reality doesn't bites) and on the Sean O'Connor episode "Motorboatin'", Sean and Hayes discuss people from The Challenge who've moved on to greater things and the first two they mention are Paul Walker and Philip Seymour Hoffman. The next is Meryl Streep. If anything happens to Meryl, so help me S&H. There's also a low-key "too scary" on that ep. in response to a roller derby name.

What these old episodes of RSS have taught me is that I really love Sean and Hayes. I love the way Hayes said "Yuh juss gah kicked off tha show." I love that Sean asked for help finding a home for some abandoned kittens he saw in a parking lot. I love knowing that Hayes had a girlfriend in middle school, because he totally seems like that kind of guy. I love knowing Sean's social security number and his sister's favorite number, because both are very useful to me. I love how much they already hate talking about reality shows by episode 12. I love that Sean gets upset with Padma for offering to send some salt to an eliminated contestant. I love how Hayes admitted he cries every time he hears Cassadee Pope sing "Over You." I love how mean they are about a middle-aged country singer winning The X Factor. I just love these guys. I love 'em with all of my heart. "You went away, how dare you. I miss you....I'm not going to ever get over you."

They were the best. I forgot all about that 'ya jus got kicked off da show!' bit they did. That was fucking great. I remember when I first started listening to that show, me and my friends were painting a space for someone. It all had to be painted white and there was a lot of wall to cover. I was like, "there's this new podcast I started listening to about reality shows, but it's not really about them because I don't even like reality shows... these guys are just really cool and fuckin' funny."

We then proceeded to listen to like 10 episodes as we painted the rest of the weekend. It was amazing.

I miss Tanks but no tanks and everytime I watch Shark Tank now a little bit of my heart drops.

Veebz, do you also remember an episode where they were describing someone just slowly pushing right above their pelvis area down for pleasure???

And I have stolen / used the 'eating a hoagie' before speaking your lines joke at least 5 or 6 times in a social setting. Especially when Her first came out, and let me tell you... People thought I was funny... for once... in my life...

--

also i remember back in those days how like shy it seemed everyone was on the forums. Or at least I was. I didn't want to come across like I was so eager and excited to be 'getting to know' you guys.

• Like 10

I think my fave ever RSS moment might be Sean's high-school trip story (no spoilers) from Freaks Come Out at Night, around 34:30.

• Like 10

I think my fave ever RSS moment might be Sean's high-school trip story (no spoilers) from Freaks Come Out at Night, around 34:30.

Do you remember the globes in people's butts thing?

• Like 5

I was able to track down that Buzzfeed list The Boys talked about and I have to agree, this is just as offensive as they described. I definitely would not like to see them kiss like the list says.

6mPsAXZ.png?1

Thanks for tracking that down Andy but I'm more interested in the "how screenshot? no arms" article. I've yet to find a foot operated camera that can capture the magic of the screen. An(d)y tips?

• Like 1

I just listened to all the RSS eps not too long ago because I wasn't cool until pretty recently, so this is all pretty fresh in my mind.

I think the most I've ever laughed from a podcast was the "beautiful baked potato" segment. Jeff Probst says "potato" weird, like "potata," and then Hayes and Sean go on for several minutes just saying "potata" as many times as they possibly can. Not sure why but I just found that to be the funniest thing I've ever seen or heard.

• Like 12

Omg burdrulz I have the same feelings. I want to kiss everyone. And stabby lady is a weirdo!!! My fav guy is the priest he is uplifting. Up lifting rocks findin wads of doseph. One thing that's weird is they say 2% of the population was taken, but every main character was with someone who vanished so what are the odds of that? Crunch them #s for me.

Oh and I miss hearing the first few seconds to Money Trees. So good.Ohohoh. And my favorite moment(s) might be when they talk about the girl with 1 arm, like how the cameras must've only been on her during the roller derby.

• Like 7

This made me tear up with all the sweet, sweet memories.

• Like 6

I think it's really unfair that everyone just wants H+S to do big kissies on each other's lips, they are real boys with real feelings and this sexual objectification has to stop.

Just because they're a pair of long-dong heart-breakers doesn't make it OK to treat them like pieces of meat for your lustful fantasies.

• Like 6

Thanks for tracking that down Andy but I'm more interested in the "how screenshot? no arms" article. I've yet to find a foot operated camera that can capture the magic of the screen. An(d)y tips?

Oh wow this is embarassing. That was a google search I was doing FOR A FRIEND. For a friend. Unfortunately the only solution Google had (Tim, could you bring this up with the your boss please?) was "use your nose dummy" pretty rude

• Like 6

if you hold alt with your toe and f4 with your other toe that will do a screenshot 1Nf9dXz.png?1

• Like 8

if you hold alt with your toe and f4 with your other toe that will do a screenshot 1Nf9dXz.png?1

dang greggy that's twisted but so funny :P

• Like 3

Oh wow this is embarassing. That was a google search I was doing FOR A FRIEND. For a friend. Unfortunately the only solution Google had (Tim, could you bring this up with the your boss please?) was "use your nose dummy" pretty rude

I've escalated this to people in charge. Please keep an eye on http://timsvlog.org/HWH/bugreports/candy-knees/updates/search-nose/updates.html for updates.

• Like 2

I came to RSS via HH via CBB, so I just recently completed the run of RSS episodes. So many wonderful moments, I often find myself going back to the "DAMN GIRL" song they played for Keshia Knight Pulliam on "Splash"

• Like 8

i think my new *thing* on the forum is gonna be to just quote a line i loved from the ep. this way i don't have to think of anything clever (i'm a humble dummy lacking in skillz so it's been a real struggle since i started commenting like a shy fan girl back in nov.) AND it proves that i listen to all the eps UNLIKE SOME OF YOUSE GUYS WHOM I WON'T MENTION BY NAME BUT LIKE SERIOUSLY

ok so, phew, here goes:

"they eat bugs off the floor"-- hayes on the allegorical lit up fishies that somehow represent women of the world

i think everyone here knows i'm a sucker for an ep imbued w/progressive feminist thoughts. well maybe not everyone, but def chanson. hi chanson. :)

• Like 12

as for this episode--awesome. That play was pretty fantastic.

Now I know that despite them having huge muscles and having sex with lots of really hot hollywood actresses, the boys have both copped to being nerds--and then on this episode we get a nerd helping Earwolfman Jack read the ad for "Origin Story". What gives?

• Like 3

Are you cAlling me out Freja? Or is my egocentrism showing? I listened to this episode while I was grouting a bathroom floor and when I heard the jokes they were saying I kept laughing and laughing and the lady whose house I was in was like "oooo u better be laughing at what a good job ur doing!" And I was like "cool it mom" and then she told me she bought ice cream so it was over all a good day, thanks for asking. How was yours?

• Like 7

Andy Knees, why are you browsing this forum using the incognito function on your browser? Are you hiding your Sean/Hayes kissy fantasies from Mrs Knees?

• Like 3

Ever notice Hayes likes to talk about bugs a lot? My favorite all time bug quote is still "Snails is bugs"

• Like 9

SIRI, HOW SCREENSHOT? SIRI, HOW SCREENSHOT, NO ARMS?

"Unless you want hotspatcho?!" THE FUCK?

THAT'S JUST TOMATO SOUP, SIRI! THAT'S JUST REGULAR SOUP!

• Like 4

Andy Knees, why are you browsing this forum using the incognito function on your browser? Are you hiding your Sean/Hayes kissy fantasies from Mrs Knees?

I'm not sure what you mean by "incognito mode." That detective guy pops up on my browser when I do a good job at finding things online.

• Like 13

I'm not sure what you mean by "incognito mode." That detective guy pops up on my browser when I do a good job at finding things online.

Damn you HollyWEIRD types get all the cool tech!

• Like 1