🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 90 — Smell The Weird Rope

After last week’s Danger Room scenario in the haunted house, the gang is back to deal with the asshole fish in barrels. This time around the fish got flares and they have yet to see or smell what the roc is cooking. Will they escape on the wings of the roc in time or will they be overpowered by these goons? All this will be answered plus a special surprise!

Dammit, Brian, the origami money were rats, you know, like from the show? Without that connection whole thing comes across kind of weird.

Hey, at least he upped my donation by five bucks in the telling...

2014_08_21_18_04_33.jpg

• Like 1

Also, fun episode, hope they stick around to figure out what this invasion is all about, have a feeling the motivations of these fish are more complicated than meets the eye...

• Like 1

The invasion of the fish seems like a good attempt at a story line, but I'm not sure this ragtag group has the confidence needed to take them on. Fish Army seems nearly as large, motivated, and slimy as the KISS Army. It does seems that Blaine wants them to stay put, which is why he said the Roc was tired and needed to rest before traveling on. Blaine finally has an idea for a larger scale campaign, and it would be just like the Nerd Poker crew to fly away from his carefully crafted story line.

• Like 1

It does seems that Blaine wants them to stay put, which is why he said the Roc was tired and needed to rest before traveling on.

Well, in all fairness they did land a massive target right near a squad of baddies that we have already been seen to shoot harpoons, nets, and rockets. Pretty sure even fish can hit a parked airplane :P

I like this turn, I like it a lot. Even if the team leaves for the Land Of Many Colors there are a loooooot of fish in the sea...to attack them.

I just hope they stick around because I have a plan for icthy-mech fan art that I have to wait for some supplies for, and I want it to still be relevant...

Blaine's definitely on track here. I like how no one is biting, though. I feel like Sarah should have had ALOT OF QUESTIONS about the fish/barrel/monsters, but she didn't ask. I have no idea what these things are, and I feel Blaine is begging the crew to ask some questions or investigate these things, and they just can't smell what that Roc that isn't arriving isn't cooking. The Gerry/Winter thing is problematic too. I feel like they are trying to protect his character so much, play it so safe, so that when he returns he can immediately step in. At this point though, Winter is a done character. There is no way Gerry can step into it. Better just have a new Gerry character obnoxiously and forcibly step into the narrative when he can return.

Edit: Is it wrong that I want Gerry to return as 12-pack/The Elder prior to some of the events of the initial Nerd Poker run? He'd be perfectly dry delivery and Blaine would Sark him hard. That's the most disgusting thing I've ever said in my life.

I guess I'm saying, regardless of coast, we could all come down, and together, on said coast, have some laughs. You know, time permitting, or not. It's a real no pressure thing. I'm nailing this Sark-Willis impression, right?

Edit2: If Gerry doesn't return as 12-pack, I want him to return as Damien. Pre- or Post previous Nerd Poker. It would be hilarious.

Sign in to follow this