🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Patmcclimans

Please, it's not cool...

Like most everyone I've been listening since the beginning. I religiously listen every Wednesday while sitting at my desk. I understand everyone can't be there every week, so I come back. I understand you all may not listen to the episodes and that 20% of each short episode is donors and tangents, so I come back every week. I understand that the logistics of scheduling everyone has got to be a nightmare, and I so appreciate that you all make it happen.

With that out of the way, can I make a simple request? Please understand that for all intents and purposes your mouths are directly by our ears. Please stop eating directly next to the mic. Misophonia is a real bitch. Sorry if I am the only one who feels this way. I'll try and endure.

Totally on board with the bottom line--I dint have a problem with eating on mic, but it's something a large minority of podcast listeners have problems with.

That said, starting off a complaint with a laundry list things you could complain about but won't isn't necessarily the classiest move...

• Like 1

Next to rolling dice and questionable player hygiene, obnoxious mid-game eating is a quintessential part of the Dungeons & Dragons experience!

• Like 5

Not a fan of eating on mic, but I totally agree with Dan. It's part of the game. And if that's what it takes to keep Nerd Poker in my ears every Wednesday, chomp away!

I say it's completely unprofessional. The stuff like the belching is in a sense part of the schtick, so I don't necessarily have a problem with that - but eating or drinking whilst doing a podcast - especially when some of the players are professional entertainers isn't right.

especially when some of the players are professional entertainers isn't right.

You mean the guy who released The Fartist? Or do you mean the one who hosts a Mexican Wrestling Burlesque show? Oh, you must mean the interceptors of dick tracing.

• Like 1

Talking while eating is part of DnD.

Chances are, the moment you take a huge bite of Lil Caesars cheese pizza is when the orcs pop out of no where and you have to say you swing your axe.

At least, as DM, that is how I time it.

We even have botch and critical candy. The botch candy is chocolate covered blueberries. Sounds good until you hit the third botch and you haven't washed out the taste of the last one. The crit candy is M&Ms, because they are the ultimatest of candies.

• Like 1

Whether eating is part of an actual D&D game is irrelevant - this is a podcast of a D&D game. Eating whilst broadcasting makes it difficult to listen to and generally pisses people off. There's nothing special about D&D that you should be able to completely disregard your audience. You wouldn't eat or drink whilst making any other kind of podcast.

Additionally, what eating/drinking sounds like in real life is completely different from the amplified sound of it on an audio recording.

Please collect your reimbursement at the box office

I believe Paul F. Tompkins specifically instructed all complaints be lodged with the Podcast Bursars Office.

• Like 3

Don't like it? Don't listen jackass. It's free.

Feel free to tune in to any of the mind-numbing twitch feeds to listen to boring people mumble and roll dice in a food-free environment.

I hope they crush a fucking party pack of crunchy tacos just to spite you!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this