🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

oof. I just watched this and it was bad. I think I cringed the whole time through it, especially that dance scene at the end.

Santa was a hero for beating the shit out of someone. How very...Christ-like of him? The best part about this movie is that it's short.

For me the best part is the ending when Kirk walks back into the house with this brother inlaw and explains everything. and boy, does he explain it to us and it's the greatest mind blowing story ever told. OVER explaining everything and placing too much meaning into Christmas decorations. he goes to town on it all like the nutcracker is a symbolize of roman solders who are out to kill Christ as a kid and the tree is a symbol of Christ on the cross. all that was missing was his explanation of tinsel . I guess they saved that one for the directors cut. Ohh and tinsel symbolizes the blood of Christ falling from the spear of destiny that roman solders used to kill Christ with.. almost that bad.

all I can say is it really reminded me of this scene in "smoke"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBxpXxZqKms

I really recommend watching the you tube

after this one. it really adds to it all. this is the one I enjoyed the
  • Like 2

I think it's funny how much symbolism he ascribes to a book that he believes is not symbolic, but literal truth.

To me, the one that made the least sense was his explanation of the Christmas trees.

You said that you wouldn't be averse to watching the Left Behind series, well let me tell you those are a huge step up in every way possible from Surviving Christmas, the worst part about them is that they are cheesy and derivative. There are no scenes set in the 800s with a dubstep soundtrack.

I think this movie would be too brutal to do.

Doug Benson does a MST3K style thing where watches a movie with his comedian friends and riffs on it in front of a live audience. He said that he tried to do a Kirk Cameron movie but they couldn't finish the movie, that it was just brutal. He didn't say what movie it was though.

I have watched a total of 5 Kirk Cameron movies and a handful of his anti-evolution videos out of morbid curiosity. The Left Behind series was kind of boring and derivative, Fireproof wasn't terrible and I think came from a good place, but surviving Christmas was by far the worst.

For me the best part is the ending when Kirk walks back into the house with this brother inlaw and explains everything. and boy, does he explain it to us and it's the greatest mind blowing story ever told. OVER explaining everything and placing too much meaning into Christmas decorations. he goes to town on it all like the nutcracker is a symbolize of roman solders who are out to kill Christ as a kid and the tree is a symbol of Christ on the cross. all that was missing was his explanation of tinsel . I guess they saved that one for the directors cut. Ohh and tinsel symbolizes the blood of Christ falling from the spear of destiny that roman solders used to kill Christ with.. almost that bad.

all I can say is it really reminded me of this scene in "smoke"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBxpXxZqKms

I really recommend watching the you tube

after this one. it really adds to it all. this is the one I enjoyed the

Gotta hand it to good old Kirk though, because he played the role of the smug, know it all brother in law who had been dying to lecture that man perfectly.

Bump bump bump. This movie is atrocious. I honestly was speechless after five minutes because of how much talking was in that five minutes. It left me exhausted. Yes, there are some boring, preachy chunks. But the other parts are unbelievably bad and need to be discussed.