🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GedO'Halloran

A request.

I have expressed as, not only my own personal preference, but added to that objective explanation, as to why Sean and Hayes are so great as podcasters, comedians, and simply human minds.

I must admit that i added a few jokes and silly lines to try and make such posts funny.

Perhaps because it is so unusual to express such honest insight in public, or perhaps due to my own personal beliefs of my inadequacy that mitigates the validity or significance of my own thoughts.

Whether it was a response to my own self deprecating humour, or a response to the comments themselves; i was met with only chastisement.

From the forum community (except for a couple of people to whom i send my gratitude :) ) but particularly, and most influentially, from Sean and Hayes themselves.

It was on the last episode of Reality Show Show that they mispronounced my name and Hayes laughed as he said i was their biggest fan and thanked me for liking them so much.

The message of which being that i was doing something funny, and not honest, or true.

But, in spite of that i want to express that again.

And add to that, that the premise of Hollywood Handbook has lasted as long as it can and should.

You boys did a great job.

Really really good.

You elevated so many "successful" people in show business to a higher level,

And the dynamic between Hayes and Sean as "the host" and the "colour" has developed to a higher level (excuse my terms, im guessing at the actual terms because im not in show biz and i am not aware of what these two roles are usually referred to as).

And these things you have shown, to all those that can and would listen, to be such that you can elevate even those which the slightest natural talent to higher levels than they have participated or been in.

How one wants to encapsulate what "higher" specifically refers to (level of comedy, level of entertainment, level of mind itself, or a combination of these) is for another conversation.

Whatever it is it has been shown.

And i don't know what more can be shown in the medium of this podcast theme.

That is to say, more honestly, that i think that there is no more to show.

Plato explains in The Republic that, to reach its ideal state, the soul/mind must have its parts unified.

All parts of the soul must be alighted and serving this highest part of the soul.

And he constructed a State to illustrate the parts and how to best align them.

Only then can the soul be made most Just or Excellent, and therefore receptive to the divine.

The divine that allows for the ability for the mind to connect with itself completely and experience itself as pure Beauty and the Divine Light of Pure Being, which according to Plato makes life worth living.

But also that which brings Art to the soul.

That is to say, that which brings the highest participation in excellence of the skill one is interested in doing.

Which, for Sean and Hayes, would be comedy, or something akin.

As an aside; I use Plato's explanation because it adds intellectual weight to my words, as he is considered the "Father of Western Though", and i am just some podcast forum poster.

And, i do not think the things i do about Sean and Hayes because of a religious or cultish affinity to the works of Plato, but because his explanations and metaphors seem to best encapsulate what i see for myself, whist being an author known for his genuine spiritual insight into the nature of mind and reality.

Hollywood Handbook is missing one of the parts.

Perhaps it is the role represented metaphorically as the Warrior class, I'm not sure.

It is missing from this podcast's theme.

I think it is because the initial impetus or drive comes not from something deep and intrinsic to the minds of Sean and Hayes, but instead from the celebrity guest.

In the Reality Show Show this was there as they both had a deep interest in reality shows.

Which is why that podcast was so great.

Comedically excellent.

I would really love to see a new, third, podcast that takes its initial premise from something that the boys share a real, authentic, deep, passion for.

If its Reality Shows again, hey I'll take it. :P

And maybe i am hoping for something that i shouldn't.

Maybe i'm being selfish to hope, and ask, for such a thing.

And maybe i will be made fun of, either because of my own ignorance or because of the personal beliefs and inadequacies of Sean and Hayes that prevents them from accepting such things about themselves.

Maybe they will get mad and say that we are not friends, and i have no right to challenge them in such a way.

To push them to push themselves.

To encourage them to seek a participation in something higher that would require themselves to open themselves up in ways that usually don't happen for the everyday person.

Only a good friend, who knows them, and knows their struggles with work and other such things, should have the right to suggest such a thing.

And they would be right i suppose... i don't know how i could argue against that.

Such sentiments sure sound true, and polite.

I could not argue against them.

And yet still...

The request is there.

For minds such as yours, the possibilities of such an endeavor, well they are beyond me and yet very exciting as well.

I really hope you take at least some of this to heart.

Even though i'm just one random listening on the other side of the world... im still one person who can see what is there.

Something that perhaps you both know, at some level, is there too. But is too uncomfortable to talk about.

But that is your Art.

To talk about it.

And we who listen will benefit.

And over the period of Hollywood Handbook you have proven that you have the comedic skills to deal with any uncomfortable moment that should arise in this new mode of speaking for you.

Because you have shown, to us and to yourselves, that you can do so because you have done so with dealing with the uncomfortable improv of your guests.

So talk.

You have shown it will be ok.

And i will thank you.

:)

• Like 3

I have expressed as, not only my own personal preference, but added to that objective explanation, as to why Sean and Hayes are so great as podcasters, comedians, and simply human minds.

I must admit that i added a few jokes and silly lines to try and make such posts funny.

Perhaps because it is so unusual to express such honest insight in public, or perhaps due to my own personal beliefs of my inadequacy that mitigates the validity or significance of my own thoughts.

Whether it was a response to my own self deprecating humour, or a response to the comments themselves; i was met with only chastisement.

From the forum community (except for a couple of people to whom i send my gratitude :) ) but particularly, and most influentially, from Sean and Hayes themselves.

It was on the last episode of Reality Show Show that they mispronounced my name and Hayes laughed as he said i was their biggest fan and thanked me for liking them so much.

The message of which being that i was doing something funny, and not honest, or true.

And add to that, that the premise of Hollywood Handbook has lasted as long as it can and should.

Really really good.

And the dynamic between Hayes and Sean as "the host" and the "colour" has developed to a higher level (excuse my terms, im guessing at the actual terms because im not in show biz and i am not aware of what these two roles are usually referred to as).

And these things you have shown, to all those that can and would listen, to be such that you can elevate even those which the slightest natural talent to higher levels than they have participated or been in.

How one wants to encapsulate what "higher" specifically refers to (level of comedy, level of entertainment, level of mind itself, or a combination of these) is for another conversation.

Plato explains in The Republic that, to reach its ideal state, the soul/mind must have its parts unified.

All parts of the soul must be alighted and serving this highest part of the soul.

Only then can the soul be made most Just or Excellent, and therefore receptive to the divine.

The divine that allows for the ability for the mind to connect with itself completely and experience itself as pure Beauty and the Divine Light of Pure Being, which according to Plato makes life worth living.

That is to say, that which brings the highest participation in excellence of the skill one is interested in doing.

As an aside; I use Plato's explanation because it adds intellectual weight to my words, as he is considered the "Father of Western Though", and i am just some podcast forum poster.

And, i do not think the things i do about Sean and Hayes because of a religious or cultish affinity to the works of Plato, but because his explanations and metaphors seem to best encapsulate what i see for myself, whist being an author known for his genuine spiritual insight into the nature of mind and reality.

Perhaps it is the role represented metaphorically as the Warrior class, I'm not sure.

I think it is because the initial impetus or drive comes not from something deep and intrinsic to the minds of Sean and Hayes, but instead from the celebrity guest.

In the Reality Show Show this was there as they both had a deep interest in reality shows.

Comedically excellent.

I would really love to see a new, third, podcast that takes its initial premise from something that the boys share a real, authentic, deep, passion for.

And maybe i will be made fun of, either because of my own ignorance or because of the personal beliefs and inadequacies of Sean and Hayes that prevents them from accepting such things about themselves.

Maybe they will get mad and say that we are not friends, and i have no right to challenge them in such a way.

To encourage them to seek a participation in something higher that would require themselves to open themselves up in ways that usually don't happen for the everyday person.

Only a good friend, who knows them, and knows their struggles with work and other such things, should have the right to suggest such a thing.

And they would be right i suppose... i don't know how i could argue against that.

And yet still...

The request is there.

For minds such as yours, the possibilities of such an endeavor, well they are beyond me and yet very exciting as well.

Even though i'm just one random listening on the other side of the world... im still one person who can see what is there.

Something that perhaps you both know, at some level, is there too. But is too uncomfortable to talk about.

But that is your Art.

To talk about it.

And over the period of Hollywood Handbook you have proven that you have the comedic skills to deal with any uncomfortable moment that should arise in this new mode of speaking for you.

Because you have shown, to us and to yourselves, that you can do so because you have done so with dealing with the uncomfortable improv of your guests.

So talk.

And i will thank you.

lol

• Like 5

From the forum community (except for a couple of people to whom i send my gratitude :)/> ) but particularly, and most influentially, from Sean and Hayes themselves.

Really really good.

Comedically excellent.

If its Reality Shows again, hey I'll take it. :P/>

And yet still...

The request is there.

But that is your Art.

To talk about it.

So talk.

And i will thank you.

:)/>

Greggy can you believe this guy
  • Like 1

I'm not going to agree or disagree with Ged because I don't think that's the point of this forum posting account to do so.

But I will say that Hayes and Sean have another Podcast Quarterly meeting coming up in three episodes so I think that all this would be best discussed there, rather than here on a rogue, non-episode forum thread.

If they are going to morph into another different podcast I think they at least have to wait to discuss it with Mr. Burgundy and Jeff Ullman first.

Plus, Hollywood Handbook still has a lot to achieve. I'm still dangling on at least 25 cliffhangers from Mark's sound-drop narratives.

• Like 2

Thanks Chanson and Skizelo.

If Sean and Hayes were not actually comedy geniuses my post about them would sound like one of those crazy five star reviews they read at the end of How Did This Get Made, and I would be like one of the weirdos they make fun of.

But they are, so I'm not. ;-)

I only skimmed through this but I liked the part about play-doh

• Like 2

can somebody please summarize this in one single sentence of maybe 5 words or just emojis if at all possible, tia.

He says they're naturally talented and funny dudes and wants them to just speak as themselves. I think it'd be successful show too, but that kind of show is much, much harder and riskier than satire.

• Like 2

Well said Delino.

Or apply their humor to things they have a genuine, serious, interest in.

I agree it's a risk.

But part of me would love to hear what would happen if minds like theirs took that risk.

However, that being said, the last episode they did in front of a live crowd was exceptional.

This podcast works very well with a live crowd.

• Like 1

Really really good.

Comedically excellent.

And yet still...

The request is there.

But that is your Art.

To talk about it.

So talk.

And i will thank you.

yes

• Like 1

Really really good.

Comedically excellent.

And yet still...

The request is there.

But that is your Art.

To talk about it.

So talk.

And i will thank you.

Speak on that.

• Like 3

I feel like you think this show is a joke? Is this all just a big JOKE to you Ged? Because I'm not laughing!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this