🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GusGorman

Assassination Games (2011)

The case for:

On Netflix instant and Crackle

Two hander with a sick cold open

Jean Claude Van Dam is a totally on the spectrum top assassin. He cares about no one, until one day a hooker with a heart of gold brings him out of his emotional shell while simultaneously literally bringing a turtle out of his shell. The turtle is a metaphor if you didn't catch that. The story beyond that incomprehensible uncover triple cross interpol with blanket immunity somehow money is made by vaguely European organized crime. A 7 year coma. Katana decapitatation.

How about this scene:

After a double cross leads to the capture and torture of one of the protagonist this exchange.

Hero: "You set me up"

Hero2: "Yes, but I came back"

Hero: Smiles "you did come back...okay lets do this"

Wtf he has just been literally tortured for hours, u mad bro? Naw.

I actually kind of liked this movie. Its not a smart movie by any stretch, but its a fun dumb action movie to watch. Certainly not HDTGM worthy. There really isn't anything outwardly crazy about it.

Van Damme doesn't actually give a damn about the girl or the other assassin. He seemed more concerned that they put the turtle upside down than the dead girl in his bed.

So, why didn't the bureaucrats just hire Van Damme to kill the other assassin? At the end of the day, the bad guy didn't have much trouble finding his house. Why this complicated game?

Sign in to follow this