🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 308 — Superego: Loose Beginnings, Tight Ends

Lost it when Alec Guinness talked about cutting off the arms of Walrus Men. In fact, every instance of the cantina song, especially the WTF version, was the shit.

WHAT TH'FUCK,

WHAT TH'FUCK,

WHAT TH'FUCK WITH MARC MAAAARON

• Like 7

They kept saying bookends and each time it reminded me of Simon & Garfunkel, so imagine my delight when the good reverend finally chimes in quietly with a little 'Old Friends.' Thanks PFT, it did not go unnoticed!

• Like 2

One of the tracks on this planned sound effects album should be the sound Matt Gourley makes when he's stifling laughter: halfway between a cough and that beautiful noise made when one prepares to "hock a loogie". I do love that sound and know, when I see Gourley's name, I'll get to hear it dozens of times. No matter the podcast, no matter the character there by the grace of snot sound goes Matt Gourley.

• Like 3

I've never listened to Superego (for shame I know) but I NEED to know if there are other episodes with Trevor. I laughed so hard every single time he spoke. I must have more.

• Like 4

I've never listened to Superego (for shame I know) but I NEED to know if there are other episodes with Trevor. I laughed so hard every single time he spoke. I must have more.

There's trevor and a host of other characters with similar voices. Do yourself a solid and binge Superego, they are short and worth several re-listens.

• Like 5

i'm not one for doing this, but since this was the most intricate joke ep. i've heard in awhile...

- the day after today...there's a word for that.

- he's like a doctor, with doctor arms.

- musical guest...a chair!

feel not alone, friends. i too will now begin my superego quest.

great ep. solid ep.

• Like 4

Yeah, I'd never heard of Gourley before the Andy Daly PPP. I then went and listened to all of the Superego I could, and was amazed and delighted. I will second (or third or fourth) every recommendation to get on that stuff.

• Like 1

There's a bit in season 3 some episode where they are all in the car with someones mother and she is being a distracted lunatic on the way to a zoo or something. Hard to explain but it brings me to tears and it's scary how real it is.

• Like 3

@Shannon Trevor The team at Visualade built a good website for Superego at www.gosuperego.com. There you can see which episodes feature your favorite guests. It's handy, like the Comedy Bang Bang Wiki. Anyway, here's a list of Trevor's episodes: 1:6 / 1:8 / 1:9 / 1:15 / 1:17 / 2:3 / 3:8

10628175_695535473874444_1886042115090659950_n.jpg?oh=ec3d09ef56edfd27809999d83384db2c&oe=5464BB27&__gda__=1415552763_6d46ebfb5e75c12768853f0e5c537568

• Like 3

There's a bit in season 3 some episode where they are all in the car with someones mother and she is being a distracted lunatic on the way to a zoo or something. Hard to explain but it brings me to tears and it's scary how real it is.

I like seeing Matt Gourley as the spokesman in the Volkswagen TV commercials.

• Like 2

One of the tracks on this planned sound effects album should be the sound Matt Gourley makes when he's stifling laughter: halfway between a cough and that beautiful noise made when one prepares to "hock a loogie". I do love that sound and know, when I see Gourley's name, I'll get to hear it dozens of times. No matter the podcast, no matter the character there by the grace of snot sound goes Matt Gourley.

I listen to these at work, and every time something makes me laugh-snort (every few seconds) I have to pretend to wipe my nose. Yup, laughing is more embarrassing than boogers.

• Like 3

Great episode, but then Scott said that awful thing about YTU2TM.

• Like 3

Thank you thank you @LL Cool Jason Alexander!

I tried to start listening to Superego at work today and after spending forever trying to get that old computer to update quicktime, I discovered I couldn't listen to it. I can only wear one earbud at work because I work at a call center and have my headset in the other ear and the show is clearly in stereo (or whatever the correct audio term is if that's wrong omg forgive me) and I can't hear people on the right or in the back at all... sad sad sad.

So it will just have to become part of my nightly routine until i'm caught up

• Like 2

This is in episode 3:16 and it absolutely will have folks cracking up. Another of my favorites from that season was made into an animated 'supershort' here:

Just to be clear in case anyone has missed it, Superego is so worth your time you will hate yourself for not getting into it sooner! Season 3 is still available for free on their website http://www.gosuperego.com, if you have any decency you'll go there now or forever be a dumb!

• Like 3

This would be EPIC, but it's spelt "Barkin" and I feel like PFT would call you out on that.

Well, shit.

9SPltlj.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you thank you @LL Cool Jason Alexander!

I tried to start listening to Superego at work today and after spending forever trying to get that old computer to update quicktime, I discovered I couldn't listen to it. I can only wear one earbud at work because I work at a call center and have my headset in the other ear and the show is clearly in stereo (or whatever the correct audio term is if that's wrong omg forgive me) and I can't hear people on the right or in the back at all... sad sad sad.

So it will just have to become part of my nightly routine until i'm caught up

Shannon

Try the link where it says: DOWNLOAD NON-ENHANCED MP3 VERSION: RIGHT-CLICK HERE

I listen with one earbud and I don't notice anything missing.

• Like 3

Loved the Spidermin 2 bit, and I had just mailed off The Amazing Spidermin 2 to redbox. Dr. Doctopus made me break out in laughter while walking down a city street

I loved this episode almost as much as that one guy loves chemicals. Also, that guy should be Walter White.

haha, good one!

but seriously, have you seen these superego guys? one of 'em... i forget which one. he is always talkin' about chemicals.

he's

a

walter white or somethin.