🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tehjeff

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Wow Garfield has his head way up his own ass.

Was that the takeaway? I dunno, seemed like he was just being honest that what originally drew him to the story was cut by the studio.

But then it always seemed obvious to me these movies were gutted by heavy edits. I still don't think they were all that bad, but I was also never all that enamored of the Raimi films.

• Like 1

No I'm talking about his whole manner of speaking on the three topics of the inverview. Using divine womanhood and nobility among the other stuff was like listening to a guy who took woman studies and philosophy for a semester at junior college.

It sounds like,at least in Garfield's opinion, the stuff that was cut was probably the stuff that codified the story rather than confused it (character development rather than excess villains or plot points). As far as the woman's studies-sounding topics go; that kind of thing probably appealed to him if he's acting opposite his actual girlfriend. Anything that makes pretending to want to fuck the person you are actually fucking (waht?) easier would probably be welcome. Besides, these are artists making a big budget studio movie; whenever you get them talking about "process," there is a good chance they're gonna come off as weirdos. It seems he was being honest about his opinion and that he really wanted the movie to be good, it just turned out poorly, which I can respect. As much as I am.... unmoved or bored by these movies, I do like Garfield as an actor and as Spider-Man. The character just needs a studio, script, and filmmakers working in-sync the way Winter Soldier or Guardians of the Galaxy had.

• Like 1

This one looked bad. I had zero interest in checking it out.

I mean this with no hyperbole, but this might be the worst badly made big budget superhero movie I have ever seen.

It makes Green Lantern look like Transformers 3, Transformers 3 look like Transformers 2, Transformers 2 look like Transporter 2. And Transporter 2 like Jumper. I may have lost my way somewhere along the way... this movie sucks.

• Like 1

The character just needs a studio, script, and filmmakers working in-sync the way Winter Soldier or Guardians of the Galaxy had.

Seriously. I'm not a big hater of Roberto Orci (for some reason) but I think his presence as a scriptwriter kinda shows the idea that the studio wants a very safe writer they can control and make the movie as paint by numbers as possible to easily mine the summer blockbuster bucks.

Compare that to getting James Gunn writing Guardians and, when he came up with a safe, Hollywood script, was told by Joss Whedon "add more James Gunn." When the studio is supporting the writer of Tromeo and Juliet to 'add more of himself' to their summer blockbuster, something is going very fucking right.

• Like 1

They should just re-title this film The Amazing Money-Grab and be done with it.

This movie is nothing more than tid-bits of fan service, staggering inexplicably from one scene to the next. I didn't get any of the character's motivations or what the over all end game of this movie was beyond the Gwen Stacey death scene gut-punch. Pure emotional manipulation without any of that messy story arc and pathos stuff.

It's obvious Sony doesn't want to give the rights to Spider-Man back to Marvel, and instead is milking their cash-cow until it's dry. But do they have to make these movies in such a way that both panders to and show contempt for their audience?

Sorry if it's already been posted (my search didn't turn it up) but I just saw this and MAN! I guess I should look at it as a special kind of movie; one I can hate as a comic fan and one I can hate just for being a bad movie.

Considering that June liked the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, I'd like to here her take on this one.

Sign in to follow this