🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 48 — Pete Holmes, Our LIVE Friend

In this first ever live Hollywood Handbook episode recorded at Molly Malone's in LA, Sean and Hayes bring a lucky fan up on stage to do a live version of "Pitch Perfectly" with "The Wedding Singer". Then, PETE HOLMES joins the guys to talk about suing TBS, search for love, and make fun of Hayes' face. Finally, the first real-life Popcorn Gallery asks about Conan and Marvel.

miss u agata

great job tho july

• Like 10

i can't take credit for this greggy. these are agata's words. i'm just hashtag blessed to share them with you all.

• Like 14

They're real!!

Also lady from the audience did well. She was "game." Just got to Pete, will let you know.

• Like 4

i can't take credit for this greggy. these are agata's words. i'm just hashtag blessed to share them with you all.

she set you up for success, but only you could click the 'post' button

• Like 8

Pete's made his first ref to Haye's face, followed quickly by his second

Also I've got a question about the pic this week: how did they get stuck to the wall?

photo-1.jpg

3rd ref.

• Like 1

Wow, guys. You done good. I'm proud of you. This was an amazing episode and Pete Holmes was a great guest for you guys. Everyone was on it, funnily speaking, and no one was too hammy. Pete was joshin' with Hayes, Sean was yelly at the end, Hayes was making funny faces. Excellent episode, bro hoes. I'm just sad I wasn't there to see it.

• Like 12

Couldn't tell if that was a genuine Hayes blurt-cackle laugh at the end or if he was just doing funny jokes at Pete, or maybe it started out genuine but then he turned it into doing fun--in any case, it was a delight.

Also very glad to hear a brave guest broach the subject of Hayes's patrician pedigree, even if it did come in the form of a grown man literally pointing and laughing at another man's face.

I mean, come on H., you're not fooling anybody w your folksy charm and Joe Six-pack, lunchpail affect. Careful listeners can hear the Hollywood elite undertones of this radio program. And I'm guessing you grew up in an even worse atmosphere of East Coast, yacht club eggheadery. Your name is "Hayes Davenport," for fuck's sake. You're named after a mediocre president (a Harvard Law libtard, btw) and an antique sofa. But I still think you're neat, so don't worry.

Sean also had a lot of funny stuff in here.

• Like 8

I was disappointed when I looked at my phone this morning and saw it was a live episode, since live podcast episodes normally (in my opinion) arent as good as studio recorded ones--I shouldve known that Sean and Hayes would do it right though.

Also, how did it take them that long to get someone to come up on stage for Pitch Perfectly? I understand the boys are quite intimidating with their rugged good looks and huge brains, but when I saw Comedy Bang Bang live there were people basically trampling each other to get up on stage during the one audience participation segment.

Anyway, great episode, great start to my morning, I am now off to educate America's youth--1st day of school! :mellow:

• Like 5

Hayes and Pete should start a two-man show called Comedy Competition. You could cut the tension with a spoon. Or maybe just call it 1-Up and the logo can be the green Nintendo mushroom.

Great job by Hayes on that House joke. Sounded familiar... only backwards?

• Like 2

I wish I could have been there but this was almost as good. Except I didn't get to see Hayes' face.

Also nice job July! Guess we can count on you unlike someone who's off partying with Boxhead at PAX.

• Like 6

Great ep, guys! i thought it was realy funny, especially the references and stuff. I'm nervous about meeting Hayes in court though. Shoudl I bring brownies to break the ice? (I am suing him for badly singing my Popcorn Gallery song)

• Like 12

http://www.google.co...ved=0CAUQsCUoAQ

yall hear about all these noodz?

when i heard about all the leaks that were happening i rushed home to check on this bottle i farted in a while back.

no leaks. probly open that bottle at mah sistrz wedding and make all the bridesmaids puke their guts out.

• Like 8

Toilet bowl cleaners is actually a thing.

I'm more of a 'my dick' fan I think.

• Like 4

ARE WE ALL JUST GOING TO IGNORE HOW AWESOME HAYES IS FOR JUST UNBUTTONING HIS SHIRT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND ROCKING THAT FUCKING CHEST LIVE FOR ALL THE PLEBIANS.

I think that's what is happening in the picture at least.

• Like 3

Oh man this is so good. I posted pictures of Hayes' face during the two times Pete referenced it in the other thread! It's pretty blurry, but you can definitely tell that Pete was accurate in everything he said and totally wasn't trying to get status back by making fun of him.

Some funny visual things were when Hayes called Brett back and told him to take his gum, he put it in Brett's drink. They were also making fun of what Brett was wearing,which were shorts and a t-shirt, saying he looked like he was on a disgusting vacation. I guess he wore shorts because that's a thing for Who Charted (to wear shorts in the summer?) and expected the guy from that show to wear shorts too, but the guy wore pants. So Brett got screwed by both shows. At least I think, I didn't get any of the references and was pretty confused by most of the Who Charted portion... but it seemed like a lot of fun.

• Like 5

I enjoy hearing Pete enjoy Hayes and Sean. Everybody is winners here.

• Like 5

Also, this episode finally answered the question that I've been asking for years, "Doesn't weddings always have singing?"

Thanks for this Hayes and Sean.

Also, also, as a listener of podcasts, it's always really fun to me when people on a show describe visual gags that I can't see. It's a real treat and pays off huge dividends on the patent pending "Joe McGurl Laff Meter."

• Like 2

the audience member who helped out did a good job

alsoi heard the other show and i didnt like how howard kramer didnt like how brett was treated, it seems harsh but if he knew what these guys go thru every week he would be on there side

• Like 3