🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 48 — Pete Holmes, Our LIVE Friend

not pleased with the NH hate i'm feelin in this forum rite now... so much hate i need an ak... HAHA WHAT NOW GUYS MUSIC AM I RITE... anyway, mwn can you tell tim i am no longer speaking to him, thanks. i'd put others on blast but the cut from tim is the deepest since i thought we had new england pride in common...

oh and there are some wayyyyyyyyy wayyyy worse places than NH that other forum members are from.. like, there's someone who posts here regularly who lives in florida :o

but yeah, obviously a good ep. thanks sean and hayes and pete! glad agata isn't gone forevs.

Freezuz, for what it's worth, I've only spent time in NH (not driving through) twice. In college, a bunch of high school friends all went up to one guy's family's skiing house (yeah they are rich). It was lots of fun, BUT, turns out the kid whose family owns the place is kind of a huge dick. Plus my long-term GF kind of sort of left me for him (it's complicated... let's sit down with some nonfat soy green tea to talk about it some time), so NH is basically "ew" for me right now and I'm sorry but that's not something I can really control, ya dig?

• Like 3

i have a question. and, hoo boy, is this embarrassing, but-- is what we're doing here-- is this movies??

its on the screen, and i see little pictures of people and they're sometimes doing things. like theres the scary man with the rainbow hair laughing and the other guy tickling the baby... and... is that movies? they aren't moving, but i only look at them for a couple hours at a time, so they could maybe move sometime later???

• Like 9

Hooray for all the great states that make up the patchwork quilt of our nation.

Nah just kidding, a lot of them are pretty terrible. I've been to I think 40 of the 50. Indiana is the worst I've experienced so far

• Like 4

not pleased with the NH hate i'm feelin in this forum rite now... so much hate i need an ak... HAHA WHAT NOW GUYS MUSIC AM I RITE... anyway, mwn can you tell tim i am no longer speaking to him, thanks. i'd put others on blast but the cut from tim is the deepest since i thought we had new england pride in common...

oh and there are some wayyyyyyyyy wayyyy worse places than NH that other forum members are from.. like, there's someone who posts here regularly who lives in florida :o

but yeah, obviously a good ep. thanks sean and hayes and pete! glad agata isn't gone forevs.

...For the record, because quite frankly I'm afraid of you (in a respectful way), my comment was not meant as a dig on New Hampshire. Just pointing out the value of native americans and their respective sovereign tribes and their respective tribal profit-making ventures for whose existence, like that of New Hampshire, I am very grateful. In case there was any confusion. Because your comment was vague about who you were mad at. And I've been one of those people before. And I didn't enjoy it. Done.

Also, every state and territory of this great nation has its value. All have shitty aspects about them (albeit the level of shittiness varies by orders of magnitude) but I have yet to find a place that doesn't have at least one redeeming quality. In fact, some states have heaping quantities of both shittiness and redeeming qualities, often at the exact same time. Hawaii is a hellhole that is a case in point. It is pretty and those pictures will hide from your family and friends the fact that it was way too fucking hot outside and that you got skin cancer in the five minutes you could bare the heat. That's it. Otherwise it's a cesspool of racism, bigotry, poverty, and general desperation in addition to its extremely backwards economic conditions, high energy prices, and an unfathomably low level of infrastructure development or concern about much of anything. I prefer Idaho to Hawaii. Its beaches aren't nearly as good and its plate lunch leaves something to be desired, but I don't have to worry about malarial mosquitos or appallingly low levels of human development when I'm hitting the slopes in Sun Valley, so fuck you Hawaii.

Real Talk: Hawaii and its people are beautiful and I love them and the underdeveloped but beautiful volcanic skin-cancer factory they call home.

• Like 5

Guys, I’ve been trying to make a chief buffalo wing joke for a few days now.

Also I thought you all might like to know that I have a new roommate from Hawaii I just met two days ago. Dudes, she fly fishes and ties her own flies!?!?!?!

She’s the ideal woman -- Picture equal parts Agata, Valerie, and Anastasia with a Freja scrunchie collection.

• Like 11

Also I thought you all might like to know that I have a new roommate from Hawaii I just met two days ago. Dudes, she fly fishes and ties her own flies!?!?!?!

She’s the ideal woman -- Picture equal parts Agata, Valerie, and Anastasia with a Freja scrunchie collection.

Has she fucked Jack Johnson?

• Like 3

Ya guys my nephews are visiting. Any questions for them? I call it the baby corn gallery. I will post answers on here ASAP. The twins are named Harlen and Carter, you can ask them whatevs. Lee is the baby so I'll try to get answers from him. Thank you. And u will all be pleased.

• Like 8

Harlen, are you named after "Harlan Pepper" from Best In Show?

Carter, are you named after shopping carts (like the things you put the stuff you're going to buy in Amazon?)?

Lee, what's your favorite jeans brand?

• Like 3

Harlen and Carter, how do you feel about being twins? Does it feel like someone is constantly trying to copy your cool style? Or does it feel like you always have an entourage around to hang out with?

• Like 1

Ya guys my nephews are visiting. Any questions for them? I call it the baby corn gallery. I will post answers on here ASAP. The twins are named Harlen and Carter, you can ask them whatevs. Lee is the baby so I'll try to get answers from him. Thank you. And u will all be pleased.

I have so many questions for Harlena Bonham Carter.

1. How do you feel about school?

2. How do you feel about your mom?

3. How do you feel about grandma's kisses?

And, finally, for Lee:

How do you get into the funny zone?

• Like 12

greggy's 3 question quiz for kids, guaranteed to get better answers than "fine" 5 days a week:

what was the best part of school today?

what was the worst part of school today?

what did you have for lunch ?

this is a sincere post, it works with every kid and at least one of the questions will result in a conversation, never be awkward with kids again

just a lil life hack for ya ;)

• Like 14

Question for the babies:

Why do you think you're stronger than me?

• Like 4

Great show!

Fantastic, this podcast works so well with a live crowd.

I would love to hear more live podcasts!

Imagine how great the story about the radical teenage pope would have been in front of a live audience!

And i still cant get over Hayes' line.

Guest: I was living the American dream in London.

Hayes: Kinda like a werewolf nightmare.

So good.

• Like 6

I listened to the Wolf Den and this new guy Adam's Sax's wife is supposedly some huge HH-head. So basically they're untouchable. Also, I'm wondering if she's a poster. My money is on this Anastasia lady.

• Like 9

quite frankly I'm afraid of you

i'm pretty nice irl, swearsies. at the very least i DEF crush the fake-nice game due to my job 'n stuff

also, i don't even live in nh anymore... whatta disgrace :wacko:

• Like 3

I listened to the Wolf Den

Liked for this insANELY twisted goof. You're a nutter 'drew!

• Like 4

Football season started yesterday w Seattle (Chanson) playing the hated Packers and just beating their whole entire butts.

But I noticed a particularly nice moment when color commentator Cris Collinsworth (fun C words all in a row) was watching some footage of the pregame show and said, "Pharell Williams. He's on The Voice this year. I love that show!" just so enthusiastically. It was NOT a scripted network plug & it came just as the picture returned to the field, coming out of a break. Al Michaels paused a beat before proceeding w the broadcast.

Reminded me of a great RSS moment. Good to see ol' CC is still such an avid fan.

• Like 7

greggy how old are your kids and can i have one

• Like 6

Sean, I really like your delivery of "I hope that house turns out nice."

greggy how old are your kids and can i have one

What is this, Peru? G-doggie ain't just droppin babies like wallets round here

• Like 3