🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Killingsworth

Episode 91...Without the Ums and Ahs

i prefer my nerd poker with all the character included. I'm guessing if this bugs you so much that Harmontown would drive you insane.

• Like 4

i prefer my nerd poker with all the character included. I'm guessing if this bugs you so much that Harmontown would drive you insane.

I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I...I don't want to get off on any tangents tonight

• Like 3

Nah, I love listening to these guys minds explode. Sark had a lot of 'uhms' too, it's difficult to DM and put your head in 3 places. You're gonna 'um' a little. Blaine "um's" cause he's on the spot, trying to make a joke, trying to force a joke, and trying to play it flat. He's juggling a lot of plates.

Sark um'ing every 5 seconds is endearing, but Blaine um'ing EVER forced you to start editing out the 'Blaine Um's'....weird.

If you are gonna do that, and it will get taken down, you can edit out the sponsors?

• Like 3

It's like arguing Sarah is a 'bad' player cause she has a habit of 'wait...' or 'let's think about this...', and then Brian is like '...and after half a second of consideration I cave that dudes teeth in.' And then Sark is like, "...that was a child..." And then Sarah rolls a botch while Brian tries to wrap his head around who he just murdered and Sark has to rewrite an entire campaign and Sarah was always reading this correctly from the beginning. Blaine and Gerry LOL and riff endlessly and force bad narrative to each other.

Brian: eh..so I punch in his face. Just right in the face.

Sark: OK...so I don't get to finish talking...LOL. You punch this 'guy' in the face?

Brian: Yeah, I destroy him. Should I roll?

Sark: I guess. I mean, no...but you can---

Brian: 20.

Sark: LOL. Ok...so before you even had the opportunity to meet this Dickensian child, you fluidly spun and punched him square in the face. Your fist literally dematerilizes his skull. Like, it would be glorious and incredible if his face weren't so innocent and cherubic before you compacted everything that was good in life with a 20. His head just instantaneously transformed to red mist.

Brian: Should I roll again?

Sark: Um...no...

Brian: I'm gonna roll...

• Like 4

I know everyone's going to do it to some extent, but it got excessive to me, so I just did something about it instead of complaining. Any show's going to be better without those though.

I feel like this is nitpicky and mean.

HOWEVER, if you're that into editing the episodes, could you do some "actual play" edits of the whole series? I would like to relive the story, but without all the asides.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this