🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 150 — Shoehorn A Shoehorn Story

The thing about Jim Parsons and what BARF said... He's certainly a smart, funny, talented dude. He's obviously self-aware. But that ridiculous show and every embarrassing commercial he mugs for it and now all the awards.... Suddenly being ironic about it seems a sad and weird defense mechanism. Like he's trying to build some cool-guy anti-hero mental buffer. If you know the show is dumb, stop doing the show. Do something else -- write a funny blog, start a funny podcast, GUEST on funny podcasts. Dude's a hack. Doing an unjoyful sitcom for the money is the definition of hack. Doing things like joyful podcasts for no money and as if no once cared is what comedy should be about.

Oh speaking of Jim Parsons' quotes from IMDB, he said "Every time I think about writing, comedy doesn't interest me in the slightest. I can play comedy, but I don't think in terms of comic dialogue." For all our sakes, I hope he doesn't make a podcast.

• Like 1

I don't know, at some point, you have more money than you can ever possibly spend, so what's another $25M going to do? There are plenty of rich actors who turn down big-money roles for stuff that's more artistically fulfilling.

That's assuming they got into acting for the art of it though.

I have no clue about how much money he has, other than the new million per episode deal. So he may not be totally set for life yet. (Might be bad with money + agent + manager + taxes + houses + cars + family + moochers + lawyers) Also that kind of fame and money changes people. He may have been cool with doing small things, but maybe he isn't now that he's on this success wave?

Also, Zach Braff. Do we really want another Zach Braff running around?

• Like 1

Hearing that Comcast cancellation video in a comedy setting and Matt saying he'd be good at improv made it click in my head that the guy calling to cancel has to be Nathan Fielder.

Has Ben Schwartz ever done a not-funny episode of any podcast ever? Like a robot built to be funny, this guy is always funny. Add him to the Hall of Funny please.

I'd say Ben Schwartz' superpower is making other people funnier. He's a great presence but I find he brings out the best in everyone else.

• Like 1

jesus, that is insane

• Like 1

The amount of laughter produced by the child molester costume guys makes me uncomfortable. Lol.

Sign in to follow this