🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 309 — Tony Macaroni

Happy National Anthem to You! Kroll Show’s Nick Kroll & Never Not Funny’s Jimmy Pardo are here to chat about the legacy of Don Pardo, Nick’s entourage, and their favorite Ghostbuster songs on this week’s Comedy Bean Bag! Later, Claudia O’Doherty returns from Australia as a winner of yet another competition all thanks to her new book “Daze of Thunder.” Finally, Australian actor R. Shrift makes a surprise visit to tell us about his many TV shows and gives us a preview of his podcasts.

Am I the only one who was really thrown off by the title in the iPhone's podcast app? It usually says the ep# and then the guests, today just "Tony Macaroni", so I was relieved to see that Nick Clown and Jimmy Pardo were on it and not some weird indie parody group called Tony Macaroni

• Like 7

yeah, the rare none list of the guests was weird. that being said, funny peoples being funny is fun.

Pardo and "O'Doherty" were great. Am I the only one who's immediately annoyed by Nick Kroll everytime or is this some weird irrational thing.

• Like 1

Pardo and "O'Doherty" were great. Am I the only one who's immediately annoyed by Nick Kroll everytime or is this some weird irrational thing.

definitely some weird irrational thing

• Like 17

considering nick kroll has a popular television show with his name on it, he is arguable one of the most likeable guests on the podcast

• Like 3

you are almost certainly the only person who has ever felt that way

• Like 5

You have right to criticize the show so I'm not calling you out, but for me, Kroll is in the elite level of CBB guests. Very few guests on the show are as consistently hilarious as Kroll is every single time. His on-air chemistry with Scott Tabletop is on par with Andy Daly, Mantzoukas, Lapkus and PFT, in my opinion.

I just wish he was on more often.

• Like 11

"No host radio" might be one of the most epic callbacks, and it went totally unnoticed. Bravo for trying, Scott.

• Like 3

Just started but did Scott say 1/2 a pound is 1/400th of a ton?

He did indeed. Between that and the 'K = Home Run' debacle, Scott's facts are all over the place today.

• Like 3

Just started but did Scott say 1/2 a pound is 1/400th of a ton?

He's usually really good at math...

• Like 2

For your consideration, John Tesh air-dribbling a basketball and detailing the origin of the NBA on NBC theme:

• Like 1

He did indeed. Between that and the 'K = Home Run' debacle, Scott's facts are all over the place today.

I think Scott's mental block which prevents him from properly saying the name of the show is getting worse. He couldn't even get out his own name on this ep. Scott buddy, maybe talk to a therapist or someone. You might have some repressed memories working their way out.

• Like 3

Can Kroll just please start his own podcast where he just rambles as Gil Faizon? He jumped into his old jewy voice early on here a bit, and there might be nothing that makes me laugh more on the planet Earth

I don't need high intensity well thought out bits, just him reading a shopping list as Gil would be enough

• Like 8

Am I the only one who was really thrown off by the title in the iPhone's podcast app? It usually says the ep# and then the guests, today just "Tony Macaroni", so I was relieved to see that Nick Clown and Jimmy Pardo were on it and not some weird indie parody group called Tony Macaroni

I thoroughly enjoyed the surprise guest list. Much like Scott wishing not to know the titles of films before he sees them, I would almost prefer to not see who is on before I listen to CBB.

• Like 5

Can Kroll just please start his own podcast where he just rambles as Gil Faizon? He jumped into his old jewy voice early on here a bit, and there might be nothing that makes me laugh more on the planet Earth

I don't need high intensity well thought out bits, just him reading a shopping list as Gil would be enough

or him just saying "ungh-huh" and groaning. Perhaps he would also be on a bit of c'caine and eating a 3 dollop tunafish sandwich

• Like 2