🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 309 — Tony Macaroni

Pardo and "O'Doherty" were great. Am I the only one who's immediately annoyed by Nick Kroll everytime or is this some weird irrational thing.

why the ""s around Claudia's name? It's her real name

• Like 2

or him just saying "ungh-huh" and groaning. Perhaps he would also be on a bit of c'caine and eating a 3 dollop tunafish sandwich

yeah, and throw some "ohh shuuua"s too. I am a big fan of throwing those and some pained "yyea"s into conversation unexpectedly

• Like 1

Bernard! Righteous catchphrase!

Love this Kroll charac. One of the most convoluted and brilliant back stories I've heard. Don't mind me as a now forever refer to cats as, "ass-lickers".

• Like 3

Absolute powerhouse from Kroll, I was laughing for days.

'eel be back' destroyed me

• Like 5

Absolute powerhouse from Kroll, I was laughing for days.

'eel be back' destroyed me

I'm gonna get off this bit bus now.

• Like 8

Wasn't one of the songs they were singing in the beginning Spanish Flea?

• Like 2

so... anybody else email juliethunder@hotmail.com?

i haven't got a response yet.

• Like 3

Another great show! A fine combination of comedy and education about how dangerous onions are.

Australia leads the way in onion regulation. We could all look to them and learn.

• Like 3

This ep was %100 top shelf comedy from start to finish! (I haven't finished yet) First of all I could listen to Jimmy Pards and Scottrick go back and forth all day.I love JP's pop music references and knowlege.

Then when KnickKroll and Clauderty O’Doherty took over the second half of the show I was literately in tears and endangering the public as I tried to drive while laughing and crying. Well done to Scott and guests. Def one of my favorite eps and can't wait to listen again.

Of course every great show does start with a great catchphrase! (#HumbleBrag)

• Like 6

B_S, they performed well because they were inspired by your great catchphrase at the top of the show. :)

• Like 3

I'm a firm believer that if you, early on, set the bar high, you can press these professional comedians to really dig deep and live up to their potential.

• Like 6

"No host radio" might be one of the most epic callbacks, and it went totally unnoticed. Bravo for trying, Scott.

It didn't! It was VERY delayed, but Jimmy let out a trademark "HA!" at it.

Anyway, this was so delightfully stupid. Nick and Claudia are really funny together. I thought only Horatio Sanz was capable of that level of character work.

Claudia is definitely my favourite newly recurring guest, in spite of her backstory reaching Bachleor Brothers levels of convolutedness.

"Eel be back" and "there's a lot of holes in this story, and one in the pizza!" killed me.

Also as a resident I can confirm Toronto exists all year round.

• Like 6

Never got to hear the out-of-town scoreboard from Jimmy "Mad Dog". Had to check it when I got home. Good episode nonetheless.

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite episodes of all time.

Wasn't one of the songs they were singing in the beginning Spanish Flea?

You're right! Scott was really off his game today.

• Like 1

Was crying laughing from 'arse-licker' through to the description of the shows. Lace. Ventura. Rubbish. Burglar. Detective. Good lord... Nick's accent isn't too bad, he has a New Zealand twang but most of the time people sound like that Simpsons Down Under episode so it's forgivable. He and Claudia had a great dynamic! Never thought I'd hear the words 'sausage sizzle' on Earwolf. Yes, it's a real thing.

• Like 1

Can Kroll just please start his own podcast where he just rambles as Gil Faizon? He jumped into his old jewy voice early on here a bit, and there might be nothing that makes me laugh more on the planet Earth

I don't need high intensity well thought out bits, just him reading a shopping list as Gil would be enough

I hope Mulaney (the titular Mulaney of "Mulaney") will be on as well to promote his new show. Gil and George's last appearance is one of my all-time faves.

• Like 4

I was almost disappointed when Kroll left and El Chupacabra didn't show up. R. Schrift was fantastic and so much more, and not just because I'm obsessed with the Aussie accent.

• Like 1

I hope Mulaney (the titular Mulaney of "Mulaney") will be on as well to promote his new show. Gil and George's last appearance is one of my all-time faves.

Fun story-- my sister and her husband love Kroll Show and Gil and George. They don't listen to CBB. When my sister was pregnant back in February and past her delivery date by a week, she was getting very aggravated with the hospital playing it very loose with what time she should come in to get induced. First it was 7am, then it was 10am, and by noon she was losing her mind, with them saying to call back at 1pm. So to pass the time, I downloaded the Gil, George and Lizzy Caplan ep and queued it to their improv scene of the Bachelorette, then asked my sister if she wouldn't mind listening to the five minute clip. So my sister, her husband and I sat on the couch as I played it through my iPhone's speaker. Many laughs were had, and RIGHT AFTER the scene ended the hospital called and told my sister she could come in!

• Like 4

Okay am I the only one noticing an insane amount of Ghostbusters references this year?! I think this is the fifth week in a row I've heard Scott say "Slimer aka Onion Head".