🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 309 — Tony Macaroni

Oh my God. What an episode! :lol:

Adding Jimmy and Nick to anything automatically makes it better, but Claudia O'Doherty is rapidly becoming a new fave of mine - she's so pleasantly, charmingly weird. Her whole bit about the novel and Tony Macaroni/Pepperoni stuff (including the gem, "What's your favorite Sinatra nickname?" "Witchcraft" "Great") had me cracking up, and then when Kroll jumped in - excuse me, R.Schrift - I was losing it! Schrift and O'Doherty are an amazing pair!

This had some amazing guests! And it was super hilarious! Dentist the Mentalist!?! Loved it! And man, Australia has the right idea! Every national anthem should end with, "The End". lol.

This one better get some love during the next Best Of! :D

• Like 2

"What's your favorite Sinatra nickname?" "Witchcraft" "Great"

I wonder if Ol' Witchcraft and Ol' Sourpuss ever did a collabo?

• Like 8

Fantastic Ep! It's an amazing episode when I can't hold back my laughter riding to work on the train and going up the elevator with other people around. R Schrift and Claudia were hilarious! To quote Ms. Peretti, "the bit saturation was high" in this episode and it was awesome!

As one who loves Kroll elsewhere, i dun never dug his stuff on CBB. Just not to my likening I guess. But this... this was next level pro shit right?

Want this Aussie gasbag to be a regular character, but ONLY with the young Australian guest. She is so fine reacting to the nonsense.

As you were.

• Like 2

I went and watched Nicks movie Adult Begginers today at TIFF. CBB bump?

I was out on the street passing the excited TIFF crowds. Definitely CBB bump.

I've listened to the R. Shrift segment of this episode three times now. Pure magic.

Also, Claudia is an absolute delight, have her back as soon and as often as possible.

• Like 1

so can anyone else who's a Kroll Show fan chime in here?

Kroll bringing out R Schrift made total sense with the aussie chick there, but halfway through that character work something about the character on Kroll Show dawned on me. They do a long drawn out intro to the show in which Kroll does the voiceover with that thick thick aussie accent that he used on CBB here, however when it gets to the actual show... R Schrift's 'character' of the renegade geologist speaks like a Californian or something, but plainly American, right?

Hearing this episode made me wonder if this was an elaborate and yet subtle joke on the kroll show that I missed, that he's an aussie, but he doesn't sound like one at all

As one who loves Kroll elsewhere, i dun never dug his stuff on CBB. Just not to my likening I guess.

Get thee to episode #194 immediately

• Like 1

so can anyone else who's a Kroll Show fan chime in here?

Kroll bringing out R Schrift made total sense with the aussie chick there, but halfway through that character work something about the character on Kroll Show dawned on me. They do a long drawn out intro to the show in which Kroll does the voiceover with that thick thick aussie accent that he used on CBB here, however when it gets to the actual show... R Schrift's 'character' of the renegade geologist speaks like a Californian or something, but plainly American, right?

Hearing this episode made me wonder if this was an elaborate and yet subtle joke on the kroll show that I missed, that he's an aussie, but he doesn't sound like one at all

I know this sounds crazy and convoluted, but I think the actor R. Schrift is Australian but the character he plays on Rocks and Roll is American. He has a bad generic American accent and slips in to Australian sounds from time to time.

• Like 1

I also know that the DP for Rocks and Roll is Rollin Macknoy.

anastasia, I agree, and i find it so hilariously absurd that it took Kroll bringing out the charac on CBB for this 'joke' to dawn on me. I wouldn't say rocks n roll was one of the bits that stayed with me the longest, so I have to go back and watch again to see if I catch any of the bad ways he might display an aussie putting on an american accent

I could go for a CBB with Mantzoukas and Kroll as C-Czar, I think thoes two would clash nicely

• Like 1

anastasia, I agree, and i find it so hilariously absurd that it took Kroll bringing out the charac on CBB for this 'joke' to dawn on me. I wouldn't say rocks n roll was one of the bits that stayed with me the longest, so I have to go back and watch again to see if I catch any of the bad ways he might display an aussie putting on an american accent

I could go for a CBB with Mantzoukas and Kroll as C-Czar, I think thoes two would clash nicely

Haha! It's true, that was the most subtle joke on Kroll Show and it took this CBB appearance to complete the joke for me too.

'Zouks and Kroll, has that match ever happened before? I would love to see (hear) that too.

Haha! It's true, that was the most subtle joke on Kroll Show and it took this CBB appearance to complete the joke for me too.

'Zouks and Kroll, has that match ever happened before? I would love to see (hear) that too.

I think they were on a Christmas show together one year, maybe?

So yeah, after months of listening to CBB and digging through the archives this is the episode that was finally hilarious enough to get me to join the forums. Mainly because I love Claudia O'Doherty and its so fantastic to hear someone whose had pretty much her entire career over here in Britain doing stuff in America. I do partly hope she still manages to come back here and do the Fringe, though.

But yeah anyway, great ep, I really hope there's more of Claudia coming soon (although she said on Twitter that she's back in London as of today so possibly not, depending on when they record stuff). I'm fairly sure I chose the best username reference from this episode but there were so many choices! Dentist The Mentalist, Rubbish Burglar, Judy Thunder, etc.

• Like 6

I hope Mulaney (the titular Mulaney of "Mulaney") will be on as well to promote his new show. Gil and George's last appearance is one of my all-time faves.

If John comes on the program again, I want him to bring along his "Mulaney" co-star NASIM PEDRAD!

• Like 6

Pardo and "O'Doherty" were great. Am I the only one who's immediately annoyed by Nick Kroll everytime or is this some weird irrational thing.

While I personally love Nick Kroll on the show I understand what you're feeling because I absolutely hate the shows with Jessica St. Claire and Lennon Parham.

To each their own though

• Like 1