🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 309 — Tony Macaroni

So yeah, after months of listening to CBB and digging through the archives this is the episode that was finally hilarious enough to get me to join the forums. Mainly because I love Claudia O'Doherty and its so fantastic to hear someone whose had pretty much her entire career over here in Britain doing stuff in America. I do partly hope she still manages to come back here and do the Fringe, though.

But yeah anyway, great ep, I really hope there's more of Claudia coming soon (although she said on Twitter that she's back in London as of today so possibly not, depending on when they record stuff). I'm fairly sure I chose the best username reference from this episode but there were so many choices! Dentist The Mentalist, Rubbish Burglar, Judy Thunder, etc.

Dentist The Mentalist is genius. I wonder if Kroll came up with that on the fly or it'd been an idea of his for a while and had a chance to use it. Either way, I'm definitely a fan!

What is the callback for "no host radio"? I can't place it.

I can't remember if it was on CBB or NNF, but at some point within the last year or so, Scott and Jimmy discussed the phrase "No soap, radio." I think their conclusion was that it doesn't really mean anything and was just some weird old inside joke type thing.

Holy crap did Claudia and "R. Shrift" play off of each other well. Scott and Jimmy did A+ hosting by asking just the right questions to keep them going. I was more satisfied than a krafty koala at how this episode played out

• Like 1

Perhaps one of the funniest eps ever. Felt like an episode of Great Bits.

• Like 4

I've never been able to get into Kroll too much before (though I respect his commitment to character) but this ep was hilarious to me.

• Like 2

While I personally love Nick Kroll on the show I understand what you're feeling because I absolutely hate the shows with Jessica St. Claire and Lennon Parham.

To each their own though

This is a fun tell. I absolutely love St. Claire and Parham, but I hate Nick Kroll. People drummed me. I feel I'm wrong, but others are wrong too as subjective goes. Do people discern, hold favorites? Does everyone just like everything or commend who shines in the show

R. Shrift and Claudia made this one of my favorite episodes of all time. I give it a hard C+.

• Like 3

Do people discern, hold favorites? Does everyone just like everything or commend who shines in the show

While a podcast is something that can certainly be judged in a critical nature, and people can like a guest or character more than others, coming on to a forum to say that you "hate" one episode of a FREE podcast that has delivered some of the best comedy of any format for the last half a decade comes across as nothing but whiny internet bitching.

• Like 1

Holy crap did Claudia and "R. Shrift" play off of each other well. Scott and Jimmy did A+ hosting by asking just the right questions to keep them going. I was more satisfied than a krafty koala at how this episode played out

Did you mean C+?

C+ ep

This is a fun tell. I absolutely love St. Claire and Parham, but I hate Nick Kroll. People drummed me. I feel I'm wrong, but others are wrong too as subjective goes. Do people discern, hold favorites? Does everyone just like everything or commend who shines in the show

I literally can't wrap my head around liking CBB but not liking Kroll on CBB or not liking Kroll at all. His performances as Gil Faizon, Stallone, and now R Schrift are great stupid comedy. If you dont like him in that one with Mulaney and Lizzy Caplan, you should just give up

I used to be annoyed by Wompler and Lissler but they've grown on me, and for the most part the annoyance was caused by Wompler's shrill voice. Took some time for the comedy to shine past the shrillness

• Like 1

or him just saying "ungh-huh" and groaning. Perhaps he would also be on a bit of c'caine and eating a 3 dollop tunafish sandwich

or just him and mulaney saying "that's too much tuna, ya little shit!"

• Like 1

This is one of the most lol-inducing CBB episodes of all time - maybe even the most lol-inducing. Once Nick got into his stride and was playing off of Claudia there were so many moments I was laughing so hard my face and stomach were aching.

Just magnificent.

• Like 1

Watching now, this is amazing. I knew that Claudia was in the episode, but somehow didn't make the connection that she could be in a sketch with R. Schrift.

Haha, I saw Kroll posted a screenshot of ManChine so I had an idea a full on R. Schrift thing was coming. Didn't watch last night but can't wait to when I get home from work tonight