🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 172 — Conspiracies

Tig, David, and Kyle brainstorm ideas for what Tig should do for her new fundraiser. Then, comedian Bill Burr is in the hatch to talk about the government, drones, manipulation in sports, 9/11, insurance, aliens, the illuminati, and much more. Also, tune in for a bonus game of "Guess this song in 3 seconds"!

top shelf. hard truths. prof whelp. hooray the sleuths. Bill got em all locked in, charged up

Fox News is a bunch of liars, but seriously, being a middle-aged white man with money is the WORST, right guys?

Thank you! A great podcast!

My band name suggestion to replace 'Pushing Forty' is 'Pushing Past'. So many interpretations.

When Bill started talking about hitting women, I kinda wished his girlfriend was there to give him shit about that. She sometimes pops in on his Monday Morning podcast and will give him hell for his stupid ideas.

But I will give Burr one thing -- he knows he's an idiot. He knows he's been wrong and is wrong on so much shit and says so. You'll never get such candid confessions from Alex Jones.

Edited by Shariq Torres

Fox News is a bunch of liars, but seriously, being a middle-aged white man with money is the WORST, right guys?

What're you implying here?

i know im an idiot and i know the hosts make wild claims not based in facts but oof bill, the airport scanners are actually not xrays like they tell you and you get literally 1000 times more radiation on the plane ride itself anyway

i don't like bill burr at all and dunno if i can finish this episode, sorry team

What're you implying here?

That I didn't particularly enjoy this episode since it largely amounted to complaining.

In fairness, I guess I should applaud Burr for recognizing that Fox News is BS even though he seems (to me, and I admittedly am not particularly familiar with him) to be right in their target demo and to share a lot of their views.

I really enjoyed this episode. Always enjoy Bill Burr, and liked how he interacted with the group. I'm happy for the topic to be somewhat abandoned, providing the guest actually has something to say or brings something else to the table to get them all talking, but recently a lot of guests haven't I've felt.... So definitely enjoyed this weeks!!

The Professor's (Kyles) one word each week when they throw to 'him' never fails to amuse me, and nor does the ever diminishing giggle in the room of Tig and the (sometimes) silent exasperation of David. Love it still....

• Like 1

I kind of really like Bill Burr and thought he was great on the ep, but his subset of Men's Rights fans make me want to run far far the other way

• Like 1

love Bill in this ep. but he limited soooooooooooooo many bits Kyle and Tig desperately wanted to fall into on multiple occasions. still, a fresh take for this pod.

RE: "Man's Rights" comments:

I'm surprised so many listeners interpreted his comments that way. I heard the exact opposite. He said that it's not okay to hit women, rape women, or to mug people in Central Park. He never said that he agreed with Whoopi Goldberg or Steven A. Smith. But he did say that people--all people--need to use common sense. The same way you wouldn't walk trough the park flashing money, you probably shouldn't yell "Hit me, hit me, hit me" to someone--male or female-- unless you wanted to start a fight.

I laughed when Tig said, "Why are you yelling? Don't get mad at us." When Bill went on a rant about mortgages and insurance companies. He wasn't yelling. He wasn't mad at them. He was just being Bill.

I laughed when Tig said, "Why are you yelling? Don't get mad at us." When Bill went on a rant about mortgages and insurance companies. He wasn't yelling. He wasn't mad at them. He was just being Bill.

If someone "just being [themselves]" makes their friends think that they're mad and yelling at them, then it might be a good idea to re-valuate who they are. Then again, Bill is doing pretty well just being himself, so maybe not.