🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
justinmh05

Songs of Innocence - first impressions?

I've heard about this album, but before I listen to this album there are some questions I would really like to have answered. For instance: What instruments are played on this album? What are the names of the people in the band? I guess that means there are only two questions I would like to have answered before I listen to this album.

• Like 1

Stand-out track for me so far is 'Sleep Like a Baby Tonight'. Unsettling subject matter, but it's actually kind of powerful without being TOO pretentious.

I like it. It's catchy and upbeat and easy to listen to. Hard to dislike an album like that!

I must say I love the song "California (There is No End to Love)," but, full-disclosure, my cousin lives in Santa Barbara-bar-bar-bara. The production reminds me of the tremolo effect in Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," with more cowbell, and some of the rest of the album kind of conjures up TV on the Radio.

Do you like it?

P.S. Congrats on Season 4, Scott!!! Bang Bang!

I just realized that it's a little unsettling how much "This Is Where You Can Reach Me" sounds like a mash-up of Radiohead and Foals.

Worst song on the album IMO. Why did they drop Invisible for THAT?

• Like 1

Worst song on the album IMO. Why did they drop Invisible for THAT?

Invisible definitely should have been on, but I'd drop Sleep Like a Baby. I like "This Is Where," but it just sounds like they're covering another band's song to me.

Still completely in the dark here... What instruments are played on this album? What are the names of the people who played them? Did they bring enough guitars to properly do their job?