🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 197 — No Bueno From Tip To Taint

Flight simulator enthusiast & Silicon Valley star Thomas Middleditch learns all about Stolen Summah on this week’s WHO CHARTED! Thomas shares his thoughts on Pop songs, what he’s worked on as an amateur furnitureman, and we’re introduced to Baby Metal as we count down the TOP 5 BILLBOARD UK SINGLES MUSIC CHART. We also get deep with Thomas’ love for flight sims during the MOVIE CHART. Later, Thomas explains the proper way to eat a grilled cheese while answering Chartist Qs in the TWEET CHART!

Be sure to check out the new trailer for Kulap’s documentary, Origin Story at http://www.originstorydoc.com/, and support the project by going to it’s Indiegogo fundraising page: igg.me/at/originstorydoc. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and #FF @originstorydoc!

Plus, pick up ‘Summah This, Summah That’ at http://howardkremer.bandcamp.com/album/summah-this-summah-that and head to http://teespring.com/gucruiseshirt to pick up your very own Gu Cruise T-shirt.

Don’t miss Howard’s glowing endorsement of Origin Story, available on YouTube.

Grantland has a great feature on Verruckt! Check it out: http://grantland.com...-schlitterbahn/

Glad this pod went well especially after the minor debacle last time Thomas was supposed to be on. That phone call to him (without him expecting it) late in that episode was hilarious.

everyone was grrrrreat! Thomas was a magnificent guest definitely want him back ohh or maybe a live one!

Great episode. Thomas Middleditch was an amazing guest on Whooch. He got it and got on board quickly.

Like Pepper R, I too loved to out of leftfield Caray voice from Thomas. Only thing missing from that episode... CHART TRANSPLANT! That music chart was dire need to new tunes to be heard....

• Like 1

Loved this episode!! I do want to know, though, is the sound engineer new, or a sub? I feel like he's made some recording mistakes before, and Kulap even calls him out for being on his phone and also taking a break while they're recording....I know this is a free show and everything, but there are a lot of sound guys (and GIRLS ahem) who'd love working or interning at earwolf. Every job you do should be important to you and not just some jaggoff bullshit where you appear to not care. Does he not care or is it a fluke?

Hi! I'm Engineer Cody, I worked this show. I'm not new, I've been working at Earwolf for a long time. Believe me, I care, and work very hard, on all of my shows. Apologies for the technical errors this episode, hopefully it did not distract the chartists from enjoying the rest of the content. I'll be working hard to mitigate human error as much as possible moving forward!

• Like 12

It didn't distract, and I'm sure you are workin' hard, I was just wondering, sorry I sounded like a shit. I'm not. And neither are you!!

• Like 1

Thomas is so much sillier than I would have ever though. Brilliant episode. Cody, you'll always be a winner to me.

• Like 3

Great episode. Thomas Middleditch was an amazing guest on Whooch. He got it and got on board quickly.

Yes! I can't remember a first-time guest who immediately caught onto the vibe so well.

I read half of that Grantland piece today, and it's really good. More about waterparks in general (at least so far), so I'm sure Howard would like it despite his nemesis being a major part of it.

And don't worry Cody, whatever the hell you're doing adds to the entertainment value of the show rather than detracting from it. I feel confident that Howard and Kulap are nice enough and professional enough that they wouldn't call attention to it if they didn't feel the same way (and knew that you can handle the ribbing).

I resumed reading that Schlitterbahn article, and there are two really obscure Earwolf coincidences:

- It mentions one of the main figures meeting with a guy from Disney named Rolly Crump (seriously), whom Ken mentioned on today's Nerd Poker.

- One employee mentioned several times is named Rick Faber, which is also the name of the annoyed teenager character that Neil Campbell plays on an episode of CBB (and the origin of the name and character is discussed on the CBB Season 2 DVD commentaries).

Let me join in the choir of people singing the praises of Thomas Middleditch and his wonderful sense of humor and ability to fit right in. I would love to hear him on Comedy Bang Bang (or really any of the other Earwolf podcasts!)

I made the mistake of going back and listening to the 'Armin Weeks' episodes recently... now, current Charted just doesn't live up to the standard, lol. Howard doesn't even think that Ang Lee or Zach Braff might be listening to the podcast! And he doesn't describe anything as 'pure darkness' :P

He doesn't even think about Women in terms of Troll dolls?

None of Armin makes sense. I can't handle things that are coherent. There's no going back for my brain, guys.

I made the mistake of going back and listening to the 'Armin Weeks' episodes recently...

We don't talk about the 'Armin Weeks.'

• Like 2

As others mentioned, yeah, I really enjoyed Thomas Middleditch this week, he fit in with the dynamic nicely and seemed game for anything, great guest all round.

And oh, Cody, come on, ya know we love ya!! Standing up and Adam Scott being terrified at your crotch being so near his face? One of many classic moments you're responsible for bro :P BabaBooey!

And BabyMetal. What the heck? Sounded so odd, I expected it to be something Howard had half-imagined...but yeah... have since been Youtube-ing a bunch of their videos. So odd, yet...weirdly addictive!

Ha! I haven't listened to this yet, but sounds like Classic Engineer Cody Cody behavior. Which is a good thing. Case in point: listening to the new UTU2TM?!, what started with Cody getting up and leaving ended with some fascinating revelations about Judge Judy's wooden legs and a certain graphic request she makes at the start of every trial, as portrayed by Adam Scott. Don't stop Cody'ing Engineer Cody Cody!

This was a fantastic episode. Loved the Harry Caray voice. One thing though, am I the only one that didn't know Thomas Middleditch was this funny? He's good on Silicon Valley as more of a straight man but he was cracking me up on whooch.

Thomas Middleditch was such an amazing guest. Admittedly I underestimated him going in, but wow was he funny. His assessment of Adam Levine was spot on and had me dying laughing.

Hi! I'm Engineer Cody, I worked this show. I'm not new, I've been working at Earwolf for a long time. Believe me, I care, and work very hard, on all of my shows. Apologies for the technical errors this episode, hopefully it did not distract the chartists from enjoying the rest of the content. I'll be working hard to mitigate human error as much as possible moving forward!

Harry Caray voice:

Cody everybody!!! zip it up!

Sign in to follow this