🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 151 — Joey Cape’s One Week Records

The great Joey Cape of the seminal punk rock band Lagwagon joins Seth Morris, Joel Spence, and Eugene Cordero for a musical edition of improv4humans with Matt Besser! Accompanied by his experimental band (Chris Cresswell on guitar/vocals, Brian Wahlstrom on piano, and Serina Chang on the cello), Joey plays some songs which serve as inspiration for improvised scenes about a group of friends giving one of their buddies an end a friendship agreement, a musician who explicitly titles & writes songs with the name of a person they really know, a band that rocks the boat wherever they go, and much more! Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and check out the info for the One Week Records Tour over at http://www.oneweekrecords.com/!

Fantastic episode, Really enjoyed the musical guest this week,

that last scene was bonkers

I'm just going to premptively speak out against the music haters and say I loved this episode. Even if the artists are not what I normally listen to, I love to hear creatives appreciating each others craft. Lil' Matty B has some eclectic taste and I love it. Is it the new studios larger space that allowed a full band? I think the background sniggering added a lot and again, artists appreciating artists touches me in a special spot. Mah diiick!

Did Spence do a 'man in the distance' voice? Was so spot on! Eug killed!

Keep up the great work and i'll continue fighting the good fight and sneakily downloading the podcast onto unsuspecting, unattended devices.

• Like 7

This one is fantastic folks. Laughed through my entire commute.

When one sketch started off with literally being in the shade and everyone in the studio broke, so great.

• Like 2

During that last bit I kept waiting for H.R. Giger and Werner Herzog to show up (also, Matt's

German guy sounded like the pope!).

Great episode again! Loving how I4H keeps mixing it up with live music.

• Like 4

What an excellent surprise to wake up and see an improv4humans featuring one of my top favorite artists, Joey Cape. Looking forward to the new album coming this Halloween. Besser & Cape, my heros. Great show everyone.

• Like 2

I'd like to say thankyou to an unsung hero of these musical guest podcasts, engineer Cody Brett. The musicians always sound great, sometimes I'll go back and just listen to the music. Awesome job.

• Like 9

This episode was really funny and the music was great and I was going to talk about how much I loved the comedy audience scene BUT THEN in the last 40 seconds you drop a crazy bomb on me

AAAAHHHHHHHH AFFIRMATION NATION IS COMING BAAAACK!!!

I am really really really happy about this.

• Like 8

Oh cool, these guys are on (IT'S BEEN) One Week Records.

Glad to hear that Affirmation Nation will be weekly. I (perhaps stupidly) stopped listening to the original version, partially because it got annoying to listen to the same intro and outro every day (or worse, several times in a row if I was catching up on episodes) when they were collectively longer than the original content of a lot of episodes.

• Like 2

I'd like to say thankyou to an unsung hero of these musical guest podcasts, engineer Cody Brett. The musicians always sound great, sometimes I'll go back and just listen to the music. Awesome job.

Thank you so much!

• Like 5

The "Hours of Madness" sketch was wonderful. I want those guys to interact with August Lindt and his buddies.

And the song "Curtains" was beautiful. I loved it.

This episode was really funny and the music was great and I was going to talk about how much I loved the comedy audience scene BUT THEN in the last 40 seconds you drop a crazy bomb on me

AAAAHHHHHHHH AFFIRMATION NATION IS COMING BAAAACK!!!

I am really really really happy about this.

Ditto.

great ep, if anyone is keeping best of notes remember that last scene

• Like 1

So Joey Cape and Jon Snodgrass are Bad Astronaut (Who I love) and Snodgrass and Chad Price are Drag The River who were also on the show.

BESSER I SEE THE WEB YOU WEAVE

I LOVE these music episodes. This one keeps up the trend of me having no idea who the musicians are/were and loving the tunes. Hearing (in the background) how much they enjoyed the show was great too. The Ducca announcement forced an audible reaction out of me, can't wait!

• Like 1

Maybe we could get show notes for the music episodes, with a time index to mark beginning and ending of the music.

First time I've enjoyed an music episode. Music episodes asks a lot of the listener and never what people want honestly -- but this was great. Loved Matt's enthusiasm and Seth doing his always good thing. Matt reprising German Pope voice made my month.

• Like 1

First time I've enjoyed an music episode. Music episodes asks a lot of the listener and never what people want honestly -- but this was great.

This is a general statement that a lot of people disagree with. It might not be what YOU want, but I don't think it does an argument any good to make such a general statement that is easily refutable based on a lot of posts in this very forum!

• Like 1

This is a general statement that a lot of people disagree with. It might not be what YOU want, but I don't think it does an argument any good to make such a general statement that is easily refutable based on a lot of posts in this very forum!

Nope. The show is loved diehardedly, but there's a fair collective groan vs. music episodes. If all were as good as this one though....

Sign in to follow this