🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 17 — Songs of Innocence

U2-OSX1-e1410377928520.jpg

I'll just repost this over here. But maybe I should make a new one once I listen to the ep...

• Like 6

I loved Bono's episode of Great Bits, had to make sure it was culled into the UTU2TM faniverse with

• Like 7

I use neither Twitter nor Apple products, so I am completely surprised by all of this. All I can say is, "Thank you" to the internet for hearing my thoughts and sending them along to Scott & Scott with everyone else's. Because not a day goes by without me thinking - loudly - "Go get your big ole' juicy butt dicks back in the studio!"

• Like 3

Really surprised that I actually learned about U2 in this ep. On songs like Iris and Raised by Wolves I thought Bono was just talking about random things but it was nice to learn that the songs had actual meaning.

C+ album

C+ ep

• Like 3

Like many others, I too let out a cheer when I saw a new Ep had been released.

I immediately text my friend who also listens to loads of Earwolf shows, fully aware that he'd be nowehere near as absurdly excited about this as I was.

I am ridiculously pleased to have this back, even for one more episode.

• Like 1

Scott's discovered a new character - "Jerry Seinfeld who turns into Don Pardo if he's around for more than 4 seconds", lol.

Scott needs to do more character work on the show.

• Like 4

IMG_8001.jpg

Now that's a freakin' T shirt.

• Like 10

Ok, seriously. Before I listen to this episode, can someone tell me the names of the people on the episode? What is this episode about? Do they talk about stuff? Or things? Or both stuff AND things?

Ok, seriously. Before I listen to this episode, can someone tell me the names of the people on the episode? What is this episode about? Do they talk about stuff? Or things? Or both stuff AND things?

"Just a second." *typing*

"Just a sec" *more typing*

"sorry" *finishes typing*

"U.....2"

• Like 5

90 days * 90 potties/day = 8100 total potties, * 2 = 16,200 potties for Scott.

I know Scott had a long day and ol' math brain was running on fumes, but gotta clear the air when talking bout Scott's potts.

• Like 4

What have we done to deserve such generosity?

Scotts: thank you

• Like 1

It's about fucking time they got some T-shirts. Now get some college girls in some sweet T's, wet ones even. B)

"Just a second." *typing*

"Just a sec" *more typing*

"sorry" *finishes typing*

"U.....2"

U...one second...2.

This bit is killing me!

• Like 1

Do we need to start a U Talkin' U Talkin' U2 To Me? To Me? podcast?

Also, this episode is the greatest thing.

• Like 1

Thhheeeee PRISONER of AZKABAAAAAN.

I always listen to my podcasts during my commute but I couldn't today. I had to devour all of it in one sitting.

U...one second...2.

This bit is killing me!

Hold up. Is this another episode of Good Bits?

• Like 5

90 days * 90 potties/day = 8100 total potties, * 2 = 16,200 potties for Scott.

I know Scott had a long day and ol' math brain was running on fumes, but gotta clear the air when talking bout Scott's potts.

Scott is usually so good at math!

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I am a big William Blake fan, so I thought I should mention that in 1789 Blake wrote and illustrated two collections of poetry: The Songs of Innocence and The Songs of Experience. The Songs of Innocence contains poems about youth and having a untarnished perspective on the world. The Songs of Experience contains poems that discuss the world's negative impact on or destruction of innocence. It's impressive that U2 is referencing Blake's work and also exploring similar themes in this album (and the next). I'm not a U2 fan, but this album seems alright.

• Like 8

Just to put in perspective how awesome this show is, the top comment on the Reddit post about the new U2 album is about this podcast.

• Like 3

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I am a big William Blake fan, so I thought I should mention that in 1789 Blake wrote and illustrated two collections of poetry: The Songs of Innocence and The Songs of Experience. The Songs of Innocence contains poems about youth and having a untarnished perspective on the world. The Songs of Experience contains poems that discuss the world's negative impact on or destruction of innocence. It's impressive that U2 is referencing Blake's work and also exploring similar themes in this album (and the next). I'm not a U2 fan, but this album seems alright.

Bono has also said that they are working on a companion album called Songs of Experience right now.

• Like 1

I don't know if I mentioned this, but William Blake wrote my two favorite songs: "Happy Birthday" and "Batdance" by Prince.

• Like 13