🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 17 — Songs of Innocence

I'm gonna play the Prisoner of Azkaban segment for my former girlfriend whom I married, to show her why I like this podcast so much.

• Like 2

I unironically feel honored to be part of the cultural movement/phenomenon that is the comprehensive and encyclopedic compendium of all things U2 that is this podcast. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm Scott's family too, we're all Scott's family..

• Like 3

You guys nailed it. Didn't think you could ever recapture the magic, but damn. Every night you record is just some stupid fun magic night. This podcast has crazy legs. Don't stop. Don't ever stop my joy.

I concur. I don't even care if it comes to the point where Scott & Scott are going to U2 Tribute-and-Cover bands and talking about THAT. Just don't ever stop :)

This podcast is amazing! C+

Prisoner of Achtung Baby

edit:

ALSO if there are going to be future eps it would be really awesome to have LA-based musician Mylets as a guest since he's a massive U2 fan. A video of his for the unfamiliar:

• Like 1

So wait, I know we had Scott hosting this ep, but who was the co-host? He never really got introduced, but I liked him. Plus he seemed to know most of the members of the band, which is more than most mere mortals can say.

Does anyone think they'll bring back that guy from Hot Tub Time Machine II for a future ep to discuss the new album?

• Like 1

Also, I really think this needs to be posted again. I've watched it over a dozen times and still laugh. It might be my favourite thing on U2 Youtube:

• Like 10

I unironically feel honored to be part of the cultural movement/phenomenon that is the comprehensive and encyclopedic compendium of all things U2 that is this podcast. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm Scott's family too, we're all Scott's family..

I honestly agree. Like, I hear stories about comedic moments such as the crowd carrying Steve Martin out of the Comedy Store or Andy Kaufman serving milk and cookies outside of Carnegie Hall (did I get the locations right? I think so). You know, things you had to be there to be a part of. I feel like the absurd and accidental hilarity of this podcast (it is two U2 fans talking about U2 and it is the fucking funniest thing I have heard since... I don't know what) is a legitimate cultural moment for people who love comedy. Amazing. If nothing else, it certainly has changed the way I feel about U2.

• Like 7

My top 10 REM songs, because you're all just dying to know this...

1. It's the End of the World As We Know it (And I Feel Fine)

2. Talk About the Passion

3. Exhuming McCarthy

4. So. Central Rain

5. World Leader Pretend

6. What's the Frequency, Kenneth

7. Fall On Me

8. Near Wild Heaven

9. Undertow

10. Country Feedback

Is there anything we can do to get Scott and Scottrick to make an REM podcast?

• Like 1

I think this could be John Elliot's podcast. It's not exclusively REM but you can find the episodes about the REM albums down the list. Haven't listened to it so I can't recommend it, just thought it would be fair to post it here since it's the reason we now know Scott & Scott's top ten REM songs.

https://itunes.apple.com/gr/podcast/pop-culture-continuum/id662812338?mt=2

SCOTT: Hey, 'PYEW!' 'PYEW!' 'PYEW!' You know what? I'm not interested in robots, thank you.

Stormtroopers hittin' the ground.

• Like 6

This podcast was full of great eps including Great Bits, but I'm feeling guilty because as a lifetime U2 fan I just don't get this new album. Yes, I know all the band member names but none of these songs are clicking with me at all after several listens. I still feel embarrassed for the lovable Liverpool lads when I hear them singing Volcano or Santa Barbara (ugh!) What's wrong with me? I'm going to keep playing it because Arcade Fire's earlier work didn't click until about 8-10 spins.

On a more positive note, my heart soared when Scott ended the podcast by saying many more eps including guests would be required to fully digest the album. I don't give a shit what band you talk about as long as we get more eps whenever you can sneak them into my iPhone.

• Like 2

I was listening to the ep in the shower when my wife walked in the bathroom right at the beginning of the Prisoner of Azkaban bit.

She was absolutely bewildered because she couldn't even tell that it was from a podcast. Doesn't everyone shower to the sound of people dramatically reading the titles of Harry Potter books?

• Like 1

Anybody else recognize when Scott started singing the "Santa Barbara" bit from California, that he slipped into "Pictures of Matchstick Men"? I just found it amusing.

raised by wolves is such a good tune, but i think the scotts have brainwashed me into liking U2 :(

also, have any of you guys received your fuckin' t-shirts yet?

• Like 4

also, have any of you guys received your fuckin' t-shirts yet?

Not yet. Hey Scotts, where's our fucking t-shirts?

• Like 2

Turns out this release strategy is not a new idea AT ALL!

ellkadiepn4tiyshft32.jpg

This has been an episode of "Funny but Photoshopped." We now return you to "The Prisoner of Azkeban."

• Like 2

Today I got home from work and was welcomed by a package with a Virginia return label. I had no idea what it could be, but was delighted to find it was the "This is good rock 'n' roll, uh, music" tee, in a much deeper shade of turquoise than advertised (which pleased me). HOWEVER. Scott has always claimed to mail everything himself via Stamps.com, and now I just don't know what to believe. How could you lie to us like this, Scottrick? How?

• Like 3

HOWEVER. Scott has always claimed to mail everything himself via Stamps.com, and now I just don't know what to believe.

When Jeff Ullrich stepped down as CEO of Earwolf, the hundreds of t-shirts that had been stored in his garage for years were sent to a new fulfillment center. Scott's too busy filming 40 episodes of CBBTV to hand-ship all those fuckin' t-shirts. (And don't even ask about the college girls…)

• Like 3