🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
milkbread

Death Warrant (1990)

Canadian Mountie Louis Burke (Jean-Claude Van Damme) is assigned to a bizarre case where prison inmates are being murdered. Sent to the jail to investigate while undercover as a prisoner, Burke is hot on the trail until one of his former busts, the Sandman (Patrick Kilpatrick), is transferred to the same prison.

Trailer:

This movie is available to stream on Netflix.

Does Jean-Claude van dam at some point in this prison get Intestinated ?

I know another member of this forum who may back you up on this podcast idea.

Funny in the trailer, it doesn't say he's a Canadian police officer. so many questions come to mind, like why doesn't he have a chuck norris style police officer mustache. and his name is officer Burke! good god.

Did someone say "Jean Claude Van Damme as a Mountie"?

enemie-rc-mp.jpg?w=640

In the recent "Enemies Closer", Van Damme is an EVIL Mountie! Well, he posed as a Mountie anyway. He was really a terrorist or something, I already forget. Anyway, it's up to Tom Everett Scott to stop Our Lord and Saviour from recovering dirty money from a plane crash (I think) in a national park in a story that is somewhat reminiscent of "Broken Arrow". It's an OK-ish reunion with director Peter Hyams (TimeCop, Sudden Death), father of John Hyams, director of the AWESOME last two "Universal Soldier" flicks.

• Like 2

Did someone say "Jean Claude Van Damme as a Mountie"?

enemie-rc-mp.jpg?w=640

You topped me again on that one and the sad part is I'VE FUCKING SEEN "Enemies Closer"!. that's the one that takes place on a camp bordering Canada to the US?. and Van Damme is dressed up as a Mountie but forgot one small little detail anyone who's from a border town or Canadian would notice, them boots. when it comes to van damme PlanBFromOuterSpace your a walking Wikipedia. that hair is amazing in "Enemies Closer" isn't it eh.

How many times has he played a Canadian?

he's not even french. he's Belgium. and the one thing you never ever call a Belgium is a french man.

I guess my make a wish dream has come true.. LOL

but he doesn't have a mustache in that movie... see how sharp and strong he looks in that poster.

Constable Burke solves crime but busting skulls!!

Ohh btw, that's the other clue he wasn't a real Mountie in "Enemies Closer" No mustache.

PlanBFromOuterSpace is Death Warrant (1990) worth my time?

Seeing that JCVD is playing again another Canadian, I some how feel obligated like an Time Life book club subscriber to buy the full set.

PlanBFromOuterSpace is Death Warrant (1990) worth my time?

Seeing that JCVD is playing again another Canadian, I some how feel obligated like an Time Life book club subscriber to buy the full set.

I honestly can't remember, as it's probably been a good 15-20 years since I've seen it. I remember thinking that a lot of that earlier stuff after "Bloodsport" that WASN'T "Universal Soldier" was pretty hit or miss. I think my golden age of JCVD runs from about "Hard Target" through "Sudden Death". Have you seen "Welcome to the Jungle"? It's a fun little indie comedy from last year or so, and he's pretty awesome in it as the motivational speaker guy on a company retreat gone bad.

• Like 1

I watched "Welcome to the Jungle", didn't get into it was not in the right mood maybe. about a month or so ago I was having a JCVD movie night. I was playing one of his movies every other night. I like to do that with actors. build up a library of work and watch them all together in a row over the course of a week, I watched "JCVD" that movie I really enjoyed. then "The Quest" I wrote about that here. then "Hard Target" and then at some point it came down to "Enemies Closer" then "welcome to the jungle" but by then i lost interest in it all of it together.

I wanted to see his " U.F.O" movie.

I'll keep an eye out for "Universal Soldier" films. if i can find it cheap I'll pick it up.

Watching this now. Have you ever seen a movie where it feels like a random sequence of events that have no connection other than that they feature the same actors? Well that basically describes Death Warrant. It's like a version of Face/Off that only concerns the prison stuff and somehow makes even less sense.

Watching this now. Have you ever seen a movie where it feels like a random sequence of events that have no connection other than that they feature the same actors? Well that basically describes Death Warrant. It's like a version of Face/Off that only concerns the prison stuff and somehow makes even less sense.

Does Jean-Claude at anypoint in death warrant use his legs to keep him hidden at the top of a door frame? If so I am sold.

• Like 1

Yes, there is a scene where he hides from a guard in the ceiling and it pans up to show him pressed against two walls. I hadn't realized that this was a JCVD trope.

BTW, it's only up on Netflix instant for a week more so watch it while you can.

• Like 1

Yes, there is a scene where he hides from a guard in the ceiling and it pans up to show him pressed against two walls. I hadn't realized that this was a JCVD trope.

BTW, it's only up on Netflix instant for a week more so watch it while you can.

YES! I am in invested in this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNA7DcVppEs

I would so love to see a video montage of Jean-Claude Van Damme falling down from a ceiling on top of people to the tune of nobody does it better.

I just found this picture looking at the IMDB page.

2h85tlw.jpg

Look how high Jean-Claude Van Damme wears his pants in this movie.

Jean-Claude Van Damme action pants.

678abc.jpg

Sorry I just could not help myself to it.

• Like 4

So I watched this movie and it was crazy, very much HDTGM level. it's the heart warming story about a Canadian Mounty police officer Louis Burke. who's out to clean up American prisons, one at a time. I love the first 10 mins of the movie where burke is told by American police in California to tone it down that maybe in Canada that's the way they do, police law Enforcement but up here in California we do things a bit differently. I laughed at that one because we just go to great trouble to catch these guys only to let them out 6 months later..and the states california police are well known for being super nice guys. ;) anyway once Louis finds out what the trouble is that is going on in the prison he is quickly bamboozled by the only guy in the place that can identify him, this is magic. This scene alone is magic because they have you questioning how big is this prison because He is clearly blocks away from the new guy who's walking in the door and quickly turns his head at Louis and gives him that knowning look of I know who you are....

I just found this picture looking at the IMDB page.

2h85tlw.jpg

Look how high Jean-Claude Van Damme wears his pants in this movie.

Just like they ALL wear their pants in prison. The level of authenticity in this film is amazing.

• Like 3

It's back on Netflix FYI. I think I just might watch it again.

Sign in to follow this