🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 310 — Little Button Puss

Also is anyone here Irish? Because Pamela Murphy's accent seemed darn good to me. I jumped into listening to this ep without reading the guests and she had me fooled for a long time.

Not that she came even close to Scott's Irish impersonation.

• Like 3

I would've thought for sure that HPDP69B's informal name would be spelled "Little Butt 'n' Puss"

• Like 4

Also is anyone here Irish? Because Pamela Murphy's accent seemed darn good to me. I jumped into listening to this ep without reading the guests and she had me fooled for a long time.

I am! (Would be interested in hearing from others too!) It was indeed very good, as were some of the expressions she used which seemed very "authentic Irish Granny" (Grandma)

• Like 2

"You know, they call Irish people Hibernians, have you ever heard that?"

Yes you have, Lucien... I mean, Scott!

I know! It was so funny that Scott mentioned that character earlier in the episode, but apparently forgot that part.

Anyway, really fun episode. I don't know if Pam came in with the idea of the siblings (loveable lads and lasses from Liverpool?) dying in various gruesome ways (I'd guess not), but it was a really good running gag.

• Like 1

The laugh break that followed the United 93 joke was the longest I've seen in any podcast so far.

I am a stock coordinator for a retail store, and I usually can't listen to anything while I'm out on the floor, though I manage to sneak some listening here and there depending on who I'm working with, the time of day, and also my task. Today I was in the midst of doing markdowns with the store manager, and when the United 93 bit hit I fucking unsuccessfully held my laughter in front of an Asian family, I had to hurriedly make my way to the bathroom and EXPLODE. It was probably the best moment in CBB this year. I giggled for the rest of the day, the store manager was NOT into it.

• Like 2

Little Button Puss! Awww look at the face! Look at the eyes on him Scott! How could you rip that PEEEEEnis off?!?!

• Like 7

The second act of this episode, including Gemberling's self-description as a robot dog with fleshy gential patches, was among the funniest segments ever on this show. I could not keep from laughing in public when on the subway. Good stuff. Pamela Murphy should be a contender for the next Patrick McMahan episode of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

That Riddle Me This game sure fell apart though. Scott gave up in the middle. I've noticed that the games really thrive or bomb depending on how well Scott manages to communicate the idea of the game during the first round, and he gave a terrible opening riddle question. "What kind of blender do bears use in their caves?" How many kinds of blender can you name in the first place?!

Riddle Me This needs riddles with general categories. Players need to be able to brainstorm in order to make puns. "What kind of cars do bears drive?" or "What kind of fruit do bears like?" or "Why did the bear move from his cave into a house?" would generate some fun answers, I bet. But I can't even think of a good answer to "What kind of blender do bears use?" when I'm not on the spot. There are too few kinds of blender. The problem with making the example question really esoteric and specific is that no one picks up on the point of the game... it makes the guests think that they have to make their questions really esoteric and specific, and then you never get a good round. I think Scott needs to make the first-round Riddle Me This questions more tractable.

• Like 3

"What kind of blender do bears use in their caves?" How many kinds of blender can you name in the first place?!

I would have said Honeywell. (They don't actually make blenders, but it's a big manufacturing company that makes electro-mechanical devices, so it's close enough, and it fits the riddle.)

• Like 2

So, from what I gather, Scott's HP sex robot looks like this old Doctor Who companion, but with sex organs:K9.jpg

I'll, uh...I'll take two. *looks around sheepishly*

In the not-so-distant future, there will be a version of "Will It Blend?" called "Can I Fuck That?" in which people will debate whether or not an object has the requisite holes or knobs for sexual activity. First episode: K9. Answer: Yes, oh yes. Look at those Kayne shades K9's wearing? He's ready to go.

• Like 1

Bridget might be my favorite new character of the year. I REALLY hope Pam Murphy brings the character back - there's more to the Final Destination back-story that can be mined.

I want to listen to Risk just for more Kevin Allison laughs, it's so easy to enjoy his appearance on this show because it's obvious how much he is enjoying it!

• Like 1

Really enjoying this "Kevin Allison" character Chris Parnell is doing so far!

(he sounds like Chris Parnell, is what I am saying.)

• Like 1

I would have said Honeywell. (They don't actually make blenders, but it's a big manufacturing company that makes electro-mechanical devices, so it's close enough, and it fits the riddle.)

no joke, I was thinking the exact same thing... I was screaming "HONEYWELL!" while I was listening. then I got home, looked it up, came to the same conclusion you did and decided not to post anything. but they do make fans... and you could probably use that as a blender if you try hard enough.

also, I thought for sure that Gemberling was gonna go with Malaysian Flight 370 instead of United 93. c'mon... update your tragic plane-related references, man!

• Like 3

I really want to watch a movie called "Finding Chemo" now.

A cancer patient, Chemo, has amnesia and needs to find the one thing to keep his life going..... "Finding Chemo" A journey about not just finding his medicine, but also finding himself. Coming this fall.

• Like 1

That was the most awful, hilarious, game of Riddle me this ever. :)

I'm a little worried that Pamela Murphy being on this show means she won't show up for the Halloween episode though. Last year's was amazing, and I would love to see Dyke-ula and Steven Yuen return if they can!

I want to listen to Risk just for more Kevin Allison laughs, it's so easy to enjoy his appearance on this show because it's obvious how much he is enjoying it!

I was thinking the same thing! He ended up being such an enjoyably charming man, and even that off-mic laugh was enchanting. He sounds like he'd make a great and interesting host.

I'm a little worried that Pamela Murphy being on this show means she won't show up for the Halloween episode though.

Dykula was played by Molly Brethauer, not Pam Murphy.

(Also, this episode was recorded in May, so the timing probably wouldn't be an issue regardless.)

I'd love to see Bridget Murphy make her way to the TV show, perhaps with a package of shredded cheese/brother, with which to garnish some tacos.

This episode back-to-back with "Tony Macaroni" is an amazing combo. Two of the best of the year.

John Gemberling saying "No, not as funny as 'hibernation' and 'a blendi-mart blender'. Not as funny as that" in his sarcastic robot voice absolutely killed me.

To add to the list of voices Kevin Allison's has been compared to... I couldn't stop hearing Jim Gaffigan.

• Like 3