🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 50 — BriTANicK, Our Close Friends

Burdrulz I forgot to address your filmes

You're an idiot, I think that's obvious but that's okay me too, idiots is cool now

I genuinely enjoyed your motion pictures a great deal and also genuinely lahfed out loud (lol). but now I can't sleep from terror and I'm gonna have scaremarez all night. You like that word scaremarez, I just made it up by myself just now

• Like 2

i think we have posted so good this week we should start a commune together and worship sean and hayes and do whatever and drink whatever they tell us to and all wear matching shoes

• Like 10

i think we have posted so good this week we should start a commune together and worship sean and hayes and do whatever and drink whatever they tell us to and all wear matching shoes

Can we also brutally murder a member of congress when he comes to visit us?

• Like 3

two things to add here

1. I think we should include all newbies but also pick one eager newbie to bully, collectively. I nominate Tim.
  2. I’ve never actually edited any of my sketches into something tangible. But I’ve written a ton and if S + H wanna see one of those bad-boys come to fruition, they should challenge all of us in an upcoming ep.

• Like 8

If you peeps wanna see some dope scripts you should sift around the secret thread in the reality SHOW show forum.

Valerie posted a ghoulish chiller about a ghost man and Greggy really raised the stakes with his game show script.

They are still trying to fill some voice-over (VO) roles on these too.

You have a lot to live up to, though. Some guy really knocked his VO parts over the big tall wall at Fenway.

• Like 4

Alright... So

This first submission was actually made a long time ago. It's crazy when you live by yourself and you're single how much shit you can get done.

This was around the time when Black Swan came out, and it was a short film inspired by such...

https://vimeo.com/28427602

---------

This is also a random thing I tried to do with my friend sean who now lives in Australia. This one time this old guy Doug who lived in the same building as us ate like a whole jug of maraschino cherries and vomited all over this girl at the bar.

So this was mildly inspired by that.

https://vimeo.com/32874277

I hope to see some shit you guys have done!

Let the film festival begin?

You do nice work, Josh. Can I call you Josh?

Hilarious and frightening at the same time.

• Like 3

AV & asteck & TT,

I really love improv classes. I was far less certain about this writing class, but so far so good. Chicago is obviously just overrun with improvisers, with the iO & Second City being probably the most famous. I'm in level 3 at iO and i like it a lot.

With io in particular--and I think with Chicago in general?--it seems like there's less of that suburban-mom-just-for-kicks & corporate-team-building-type stuff. At least, I haven't experienced it, and I was worried about classes being full of that stuff, and also precocious junior high kids. It's mostly twentysomethings who have at least some vague notion of maybe doing comedy more seriously, or even as a job (!). Although you guys are in the Bay Area (all 3 of you? That's super cool) so I'm sure there's a vibrant comedy scene.

Anyway Tim, it's great, you'll love it. Worst that can happen is abysmal comedy. Just remember, you wanna get out there and let the audience know, "HEY I'M FUCKING HILARIOUS," cause if you don't, someone else will get all those tasty loffs. Also, Sufi weavers n some bullshit & don't TRY to be funny all the time, just be *honest* bc that's good & art. Look, I'm not a comedy scientist go read a fucking book

Yeah, there's a good local comedy scene in the Bay Area, but it's mostly stand up (which I enjoy). My improv classes have been mostly tech employees learning to be social and older people without much to do. There are just a few of us serious peeps sprinkled in there. You're lucky in Chicago. That's a great place for comedy/improv. If you write something that you like, would you be willing to share it with us?

• Like 2

i'm v cool and successful and not at all living a life of delusion and over-filtered, selective instagram pics and i can help you too BRRRRR

• Like 6

Anastasia,

Yes! I def will post some stuff.

I'm a bit intimidated by the other Josh, who's arguably the original Josh on here, and plus he's real good at humor.

On another subject, tangentially related to writing/comedy, is Sean's funny language problems getting worse? I mean, it's very good and funny, but I worry that it used to be all on purpose but now it's subtly infiltrating his genuine, candid speech patterns. Is that true, Sean?

I know that for me just imitating the HH-speak, what started as an affect meant to garner good will among you nerds has already become frighteningly natural. Is this problems? Is original imporint?

EDIT: Hayes, didn't mean to leave you out. Your funny talking is equally funny and good, I'm just less worried about you

• Like 7

Anastasia,

Yes! I def will post some stuff.

I'm a bit intimidated by the other Josh, who's arguably the original Josh on here, and plus he's real good at humor.

On another subject, tangentially related to writing/comedy, is Sean's funny language problems getting worse? I mean, it's very good and funny, but I worry that it used to be all on purpose but now it's subtly infiltrating his genuine, candid speech patterns. Is that true, Sean?

I know that for me just imitating the HH-speak, what started as an affect meant to garner good will among you nerds has already become frighteningly natural. Is this problems? Is original imporint?

EDIT: Hayes, didn't mean to leave you out. Your funny talking is equally funny and good, I'm just less worried about you

Is speech impediment movies?

(That one's for Chanson)

• Like 6

Little early to be drunk here on the east coast. YOLO though, right?

Where the fuck is Andy Kneis? Andy, Vibes?

he got a cool new job, peob busy settling in to that

• Like 3

Agata, I just sent in a few of the best questions mankind has ever pondered. How does we find the answers?

Completely unrelated, What is the best things to put on just some hypothetical guy's (not me) tendr profile? I'm asking for a friend (def not me) who wants to know for getting girls

p.s. It's someone else

• Like 7

Agata, I just sent in a few of the best questions mankind has ever pondered. How does we find the answers?

Completely unrelated, What is the best things to put on just some hypothetical guy's (not me) tendr profile? I'm asking for a friend (def not me) who wants to know for getting girls

p.s. It's someone else

some guy should dress nice and fix his hair and get his facial hair configured proper and look like toward the camera but not right at it, then he should photoshop his torso on to a horsebody

• Like 11

some guy should dress nice and fix his hair and get his facial hair configured proper and look like toward the camera but not right at it, then he should photoshop his torso on to a horsebody

Tru dat. Girls love centaurs.

Also this fella should hold a puppy or kitten. And he should smile, but not too much.

• Like 4

Is speech impediment movies?

(That one's for Chanson)

Anastasia, speech impediment is not movies but funny talking is comedy and comedy is movies unless it's on tv because tv is small movies. YouTube is can be movies too.

PS - Speech impediment is disabilities though. Disabilities is funny unless it isn't funny which is why it isn't movies because comedy is movies, not disabilities.

• Like 10

Anastasia, speech impediment is not movies but funny talking is comedy and comedy is movies unless it's on tv because tv is small movies. YouTube is can be movies too.

PS - Speech impediment is disabilities though. Disabilities is funny unless it isn't funny which is why it isn't movies because comedy is movies, not disabilities.

Ok. Got it.

• Like 4