🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 50 — BriTANicK, Our Close Friends

I just wanted to spell it out somewhere because being a new person can be intimidating.

And also, we can use every voice we can get to complain about Sean and Hayes and how they never interact with us on the forums anymore ever since they got super famous and the AV Club started talking about them. I mean, what a bag of dicks. I bust my ass on this forum at least once or twice a day for maybe five minutes and that's the fucking thanks I get? Fuck off.

PS - I took an improv class in elementary school. It was a private school (the non-religious kind [so you know it's fancy and not some religious charity sort of deal]). Does that count as movies?

I thought it was STRANGE that literally two weeks after the AV Club started including HH in their weekly write ups they decided to change the format of Podmass so that they now write about 10-15 different podcasts every week. Im guessing once they started listening to HH on the regs they realized the long shadow it cast (no pun intended) over other podcasts

• Like 3

Thanks, C.

I expected nothing less on all counts. You're (we're) a welcoming bunch, if only for the validation you cite. Though I never felt you needed to, I think it's nice to say so explicitly sometimes l, esp w what seems to be boost in new-user forum activity. Does that represent a boost in listenership, too? Find out next time

I like to imagine that the only people who are listening are the 10-15 people who post on this forum. Because really, if you are into a podcast why wouldn't you want to talk to other like-minded people about it?

• Like 4

look at all these new fish...i been posting on these eps since u heard your first marc maron kid....u think u got what it takes? u think u can get two qs on the popcorn gallry in 1 week? u think u can hang? well i got news for you....*leans in close and gets right in your face*

your right, pls be my best friend

congrats on the big get for your podcast. thats exciting

• Like 1

Mean Detective and Tim, I take improv classes. I felt a little silly about it at first, but I absolutely love it now. It's pretty therapeutic and super fun. Don't be nervous, Tim! I think you'll enjoy it. Which theater are you going to? I take classes with BATS Improv.

• Like 1

So all of the Legends of Zelda and Metroids is movies? So good to hear as I am very struggling with life. Also glad Cody got some stage time. Mini laughs, and big ones too. 5 ducks in a row! And nice to hear the alt version of popcorn gallery theme. saw-lid

• Like 1

Mean Detective and Tim, I take improv classes. I felt a little silly about it at first, but I absolutely love it now. It's pretty therapeutic and super fun. Don't be nervous, Tim! I think you'll enjoy it. Which theater are you going to? I take classes with BATS Improv.

I don't yet hate myself enough to make the commute from the south bay up to SF every week, so I went with Made Up Theater in Fremont.

• Like 1

I don't yet hate myself enough to make the commute from the south bay up to SF every week, so I went with Made Up Theater in Fremont.

I'm very excited for you. I think you'll enjoy it and you already have some pro tips from S + H, so I'm sure you will be king of your class. By the way, BATS often has classes in Palo Alto if for some reason you don't like Made Up Theater. But in the first few foundation classes, it's all the same really.

I wish I could pop down to LA for 6 weeks and take some classes at UCB.

• Like 1

in my opinion, cody pacino'd when he really should have deniro'd

on a separate note, those two dudes are p clever, but their sketches are whack.

yet another reason that all of us need to step up our game.

i introduced this idea once during the RSS days but I really think it would be fun if S + H put on the Hollywood Handbook Short-Film Fiestaval

it would encourage us all to work on our sketches and take a break from the other sketches we do of big-titted models .

I remember this, and I submitted a feelm on the facebook page, but I remember being really nervous and I didn't want to put it on the forums because I didn't want you guys to judge me.

Should I submit feelm to loff or not loff at?

• Like 7

I'm very excited for you. I think you'll enjoy it and you already have some pro tips from S + H, so I'm sure you will be king of your class. By the way, BATS often has classes in Palo Atlo if for some reason you don't like Made Up Theater. But in the first few foundation classes, it's all the same really.

I wish I could pop down to LA for 6 weeks and take some classes at UCB.

I wish they built that Elon Musk "get from SF to LA in 15 minutes" thing so I could go to more UCB shows.

We should do a HH "invade Sean's UCB show" night

• Like 2

I bet the rest of the audience would love that

• Like 5

I'm gonna use your deference to make a point I've been wanting to make for some time. No one needs to defer to OG forum people when someone thinks something is a good idea or some shit. Just because some of us have been here way too fucking long doesn't mean this forum belongs more to us than anyone else.

um actually this is hell of wrong and this forum belongs to me. all new people should be kissing my freaking feet and getting me beers during the forum formals you FREAKIN FROSH. NOW.

"forum formals" is a fun thing to say

• Like 10

Mean Detective. There are only 2 rules on this podcast forums.

1. Wear protection

2. Take off the protection and go in so raw

• Like 12

I wish they built that Elon Musk "get from SF to LA in 15 minutes" thing so I could go to more UCB shows.

Yes to Elon Musk's fast tube!

And Yes to "invade Sean's UCB show" night!

• Like 1

I remember this, and I submitted a feelm on the facebook page, but I remember being really nervous and I didn't want to put it on the forums because I didn't want you guys to judge me.

Should I submit feelm to loff or not loff at?

loffs please!

• Like 1

Cogent points, there is a ton of talent in this forum. It would serve earwolf well to implement some community goals we could focus our efforts toward. Furthermore, give us writing/acting/directing jobs and let us make another original juggernaut show.

On another note, since this board doesn't recognize a monarchy, I am orchestrating a takeover of the /r/earwolf comment section. I will be their king and they will erect monuments in my honor and prob name like libraries after me and stuff

• Like 1

Cogent points, there is a ton of talent in this forum. It would serve earwolf well to implement some community goals we could focus our efforts toward. Furthermore, give us writing/acting/directing jobs and let us make another original juggernaut show.

On another note, since this board doesn't recognize a monarchy, I am orchestrating a takeover of the /r/earwolf comment section. I will be their king and they will erect monuments in my honor and prob name like libraries after me and stuff

what are "like libraries"?

• Like 1

they are expansive buildings constructed for the sole purpose of storing all of the 'likes' I get on this forum. Duh

• Like 7

@Anistasia I took a BATS class a long time ago once! It was just a level 1 and there was more than one woman in her 40's doing it "to cross off her bucket list," but it was worth the drive up from the south bay every week (just FYI to Tim "my time is too sacred for traffic" Treese).

The boards are great this week. I want to agree with Chanson but TKS is funnier so all you damn fish better do 10 laps in your underwear around Chug a'lug house before you can post and anybody lagging is gonna ripped on by Jerry's hose. (Jerry's a fricken monster with that thing - YOU WILL GET WET)

• Like 10

loffs please!

Alright... So

This first submission was actually made a long time ago. It's crazy when you live by yourself and you're single how much shit you can get done.

This was around the time when Black Swan came out, and it was a short film inspired by such...

---------

This is also a random thing I tried to do with my friend sean who now lives in Australia. This one time this old guy Doug who lived in the same building as us ate like a whole jug of maraschino cherries and vomited all over this girl at the bar.

So this was mildly inspired by that.

I hope to see some shit you guys have done!

Let the film festival begin?

• Like 11

all you damn fish better do 10 laps in your underwear around Chug a'lug house before you can post and anybody lagging is gonna ripped on by Jerry's hose. (Jerry's a fricken monster with that thing - YOU WILL GET WET)

This is like a perfect comedy sentence. [angrily] it belongs in a museum

• Like 5

Alright... So

This first submission was actually made a long time ago. It's crazy when you live by yourself and you're single how much shit you can get done.

This was around the time when Black Swan came out, and it was a short film inspired by such...

https://vimeo.com/28427602

---------

This is also a random thing I tried to do with my friend sean who now lives in Australia. This one time this old guy Doug who lived in the same building as us ate like a whole jug of maraschino cherries and vomited all over this girl at the bar.

So this was mildly inspired by that.

https://vimeo.com/32874277

I hope to see some shit you guys have done!

Let the film festival begin?

lmaaaaooooo holy shit i liked that 2nd one

(not to say i didn't like the first one... BECAUSE I DID)

• Like 4

AV & asteck & TT,

I really love improv classes. I was far less certain about this writing class, but so far so good. Chicago is obviously just overrun with improvisers, with the iO & Second City being probably the most famous. I'm in level 3 at iO and i like it a lot.

With io in particular--and I think with Chicago in general?--it seems like there's less of that suburban-mom-just-for-kicks & corporate-team-building-type stuff. At least, I haven't experienced it, and I was worried about classes being full of that stuff, and also precocious junior high kids. It's mostly twentysomethings who have at least some vague notion of maybe doing comedy more seriously, or even as a job (!). Although you guys are in the Bay Area (all 3 of you? That's super cool) so I'm sure there's a vibrant comedy scene.

Anyway Tim, it's great, you'll love it. Worst that can happen is abysmal comedy. Just remember, you wanna get out there and let the audience know, "HEY I'M FUCKING HILARIOUS," cause if you don't, someone else will get all those tasty loffs. Also, Sufi weavers n some bullshit & don't TRY to be funny all the time, just be *honest* bc that's good & art. Look, I'm not a comedy scientist go read a fucking book

• Like 5

Burdrulz,

I'm so confused about what happened in that shower. I mean... Yeah, I'm gonna leave it at that.

• Like 3