🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 93.5 — Minisode 93.5

Prepare your mind to be exploded as we take a look at the 2001 American romantic musical drama film starring R&B singer/songwriter Mariah Carey known as Glitter. Paul goes through some Corrections and Omissions for Staying Alive, decided is Nicolas Cage would have made Staying Alive better, and talks about Tom Cruise, Email Inspirational Quotes, and Taylor Swift during another edition of Love It, Hate It, Love To Hate It. Plus, Paul answers your Qs about Travolta Turing tests, Yoda poop, and the perfect birthday present.

Los Angeles: The LIVE HDTGM at Largo shows will be a night we call, You Can Sing But Can You Act? with Mariah Carey’s Glitter at 8pm and Miley Cyrus’ LOL at 10pm.

Make sure to tune into the brand new season of The League on Wednesday nights at 10pm over on FXX and check out The Hotwives of Orlando now over at www.hulu.com!

Also, you can now check Jason Mantzoukas in “They Came Together” on VOD, June Diane Raphael & Casey Wilson in ASS BACKWARDS for free on Netflix & HULU & Paul in OJ: The Musical available on VOD & iTunes! Don’t forget to grab yourself a brand new HDTGM Daredevil T-shirt over at the Earwolf store and a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker now available at www.amazon.com!

Two things:

1.) Holy crap, the Glitter trailer actually uses the "In a World..." narration! I don't recall ever hearing that except for parodies of trailer cliches! That alone made my day.

2.) I don't work for Paul or anything, but I wanted to say that tomorrow, Sept. 17th, the Deadpool Bi-Annual, written by Paul Scheer and Nick Giovannetti, will hit stores.

• Like 5

So if the next show is Glitter, what was the other movie they did on the 7/19 live show with Staying Alive? I know Paul mentioned it on the show, but I can't find it listed anywhere.

Where is Rhinestone? I have been looking forward to it since I found out they were watching it for the live show. I love the iconic scene where Rocky finally defeats the rednecks...

Rhinestone-Stallone-Post.jpg

• Like 1

That's a very good question stelatonmave. Of Which there are no easy answers. You can find used copies on Amazon. Scour $.99 bins in say best buy. other than that, not a lot a real options here. I don't know what's streaming where in the states because a lot of them don't stream to Canada. or outside the USA. I have not checked the US iTunes Store but it's most likely like the same as the Canadian one, nothing.

If you look in amazon and eBay at used copys, I know I know. those maybe our only option for acquiring a legal copy. Otherwise it's Fleamarket and back alleys, dumpsters , homeless shelters, some gyms. Parking lots, Lot of people here are going to be really upset if Netflix doesn't offer this soon. they may have it at Dolly world! Then there is those other places on the net but we should keep earwolf clean of that because we don't want the DMCA after them.

I wish I could help and offer a better solution. And if I see it, I'll report back here or in the movie forum in question.

At the moment I did find it on Amazon for six dollars. I paid $30 to watch "The Room" I think it cost more to ship it to my house then to buy the disc at the store. but it was clearly worth it. The show was a Kick ass experience.

• Like 1

couldnt agree more about edge of tomorrow. great film.

seriously, i was really happy to hear the shout out, I think it was not only the best big action movie of the summer, I think it might be my favorite sci fi movie in years.

• Like 1

"'Live. Die. Repeat.' is legit good. Go see it."

Agreed wholeheartedly, and I also loved Oblivion, but I feel more isolated in that opinion. It was visually gorgeous and had Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise. I am down.

Live Die Repeat was the tagline/slogan/whatever for it and I remember getting so angry that they didn't just make that the title of the movie.

Thanks, jarrycanada. I should have been more clear though. My mom owns this on DVD, and I have it on VHS. I was wondering why they skipped that episode and went straight to LOL. I will be very sad if I don't get to hear their discussion of this film - it is so nuts.

Live Die Repeat was the tagline/slogan/whatever for it and I remember getting so angry that they didn't just make that the title of the movie.

It was originally called "All You Need is Kill", which is much worse than either.

Thanks, jarrycanada. I should have been more clear though. My mom owns this on DVD, and I have it on VHS. I was wondering why they skipped that episode and went straight to LOL. I will be very sad if I don't get to hear their discussion of this film - it is so nuts.

Ohh My bad, I shouldn't write things here at night on my ipad. I have no idea why "rhinestone" isn't being done yet. Maybe they are giving the listeners and fans more time to get a copy of "rhinestone". as I said it's a reallly hard movie to find movie, even illegelly. The laser disc version is selling for 20 dollars on Ebay! there is a sucker born every minute. I can't figure that one out, why the LD version is more then the DVD...

BTW, you should tell your mom to get that Copy of Rhinestone up on Ebay right away, it's value is now gone through the roof!!! I feel like Jim crammer, SELL SELL SELL!! Get that disc in a safety deposit box at the bank ;) . Glitter the next movie they are doing, but again from reading the forums they are skipping "LOL" in favor of Glitter this week. Regardless of the fact that everyone was ready for 'LOL" that's another hard to find movie. now that it's no longer on netflix.

Who knowns what's is next.

What I think they do is tape two shows at the largo theatre and air one right away and save the other for the next two weeks to give them some time off. air it at a later date. The live shows are the best!

Some day I want to see a live show at the largo.

• Like 1

Good people of Tusk, may I suggest a clearer hashtag: #tuskyeah

The hashtag precedes the movie being titled Tusk - it goes back to when this was all just a crazy podcast conversation between Kevin Smith and Scott Moisuer (sp?). That eventually ended with Smith asking people to tweet #walrusyes if they thought he should make the movie and #walrusno if they didn't.

Didn't mean to get long winded - just thought I'd de-lurk since I had that bit of info in my brain.

• Like 1

The hashtag precedes the movie being titled Tusk - it goes back to when this was all just a crazy podcast conversation between Kevin Smith and Scott Moisuer (sp?). That eventually ended with Smith asking people to tweet #walrusyes if they thought he should make the movie and #walrusno if they didn't.

Didn't mean to get long winded - just thought I'd de-lurk since I had that bit of info in my brain.

I was just coming here to correct myself, having learned this elsewhere. Your explanation is pithier than what I read.

Also, I hereby rescind my hashtag suggestion.

Two things:

1.) Holy crap, the Glitter trailer actually uses the "In a World..." narration! I don't recall ever hearing that except for parodies of trailer cliches! That alone made my day.

2.) I don't work for Paul or anything, but I wanted to say that tomorrow, Sept. 17th, the Deadpool Bi-Annual, written by Paul Scheer and Nick Giovannetti, will hit stores.

What in the hell was with the voice on that trailer?? It sounded like it was for a horror movie

I enjoyed the revelation that Paul has absolutely no idea what rent costs in Oklahoma. Around $3000 sounds right, yeah.

Oh and I was drinking a cherry Icee right when he was describing Yoda's poop, so thanks for that.

I enjoyed the revelation that Paul has absolutely no idea what rent costs in Oklahoma. Around $3000 sounds right, yeah.

Yeah, I almost posted about that but then figured it wasn't worth it. I'm pretty sure he actually guessed $2500 (1100/700/700), but that still seems outrageously high.

Yeah, I almost posted about that but then figured it wasn't worth it. I'm pretty sure he actually guessed $2500 (1100/700/700), but that still seems outrageously high.

the funny thing is, depending on the neighborhood, that's even pretty high for LA. at least in my experience but maybe i've only lived in shitty neighborhoods

What in the hell was with the voice on that trailer?? It sounded like it was for a horror movie

Was this not a horror movie?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this