🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 311 — Denny’s Boys

Next week's bonus episode--"Welcome to Comedy Death Ray Radio on Indie 103..."

While I'm always glad to have a bonus episode, I couldn't help wondering just why this ended up being aired so much later, maybe because there wasn't anything really to plug it just got bumped to the back of the queue. If this did happen sometime in April as it seems it did there's definitely a few big deal eps around then that could've bumped it (5th anniversary, Time Bobby 3, Weird Al, Patton plugging his new special, etc.) why hold on to it til now? Then again at that same time the controversial and much debated Solo Bolo Ben Schwartz waste of a CBB came out, so maybe that theory falls apart.

well the new season of Benign Nine starts the 28th... but I'm sure that's just coincidental.

honestly... after the troubling delay in dropping Oh Golly! You Devil and constantly wondering if Scott and Zouks were in fact alive, anything is possible.

• Like 1

I love when Scott sings along with the Would You Rather theme.

...I miss WYR.

• Like 2

Super funny episode.

Also, super funny thread. You guys are killing it.

(EDIT - The Tiny version of the plug bag theme blew my mind, but I guess since the donor thank you was right before that, both of those must have been recorded recently and edited in.)

• Like 2

Mr. Keith Fox: "That brings me to my seccc.... What's wrong with you? Are you just grunting?"

Ri-chardo : "Yeah... I decided just to spell it J-O-B"

cue me laughing joyously

Joe is a goddamn delight. I loved him and Scott together so so much.

• Like 2

Holy smokes, you know you've gotten way too deep into the reality of the scene when, during the titular 'Denny's Boys' part of the episode occurred, you sincerely think, "Aw geez, guys! Pull up! Pull up! You're blowing it!!!"

So funny.

Joe and Beth got married in April, so it was probably before that.

Something tells me it was recorded between the 16th and 18th of March.

While I'm always glad to have a bonus episode, I couldn't help wondering just why this ended up being aired so much later, maybe because there wasn't anything really to plug it just got bumped to the back of the queue. If this did happen sometime in April as it seems it did there's definitely a few big deal eps around then that could've bumped it (5th anniversary, Time Bobby 3, Weird Al, Patton plugging his new special, etc.) why hold on to it til now? Then again at that same time the controversial and much debated Solo Bolo Ben Schwartz waste of a CBB came out, so maybe that theory falls apart.

Yeah shortly after recording it they must not have had space, but maybe Scott was worried they'd miss a week so he'd hold this one back in case, I'm relatively new (been religiously listening for a year or two) but it seems like Scott never misses a week.

This was odd because of the regular episode having another State alum and talking so much about their reunion show at Festival Supreme, and clearly this episode didn't have the knowledge yet. Would have been funny if Scott dubbed in some questions about it and Cody-Cody botched some edited responses of Joe's using his speech throughout the episode

• Like 2

Yeah shortly after recording it they must not have had space, but maybe Scott was worried they'd miss a week so he'd hold this one back in case, I'm relatively new (been religiously listening for a year or two) but it seems like Scott never misses a week.

This was odd because of the regular episode having another State alum and talking so much about their reunion show at Festival Supreme, and clearly this episode didn't have the knowledge yet. Would have been funny if Scott dubbed in some questions about it and Cody-Cody botched some edited responses of Joe's using his speech throughout the episode

possibly, BUT...

you may have noticed Scott promised that the next episode would be broadcast from an ice skating rink...

i'd like to think that he's finally got the Denny's Boys on ice -- this coming Monday!

I'm loathe to bring this up, because I do appreciate the value of sponsors in making this podcast available for free... But I've gotta say something about the new "preroll" ad attached to this episode. It replays every time I pause and unpause the podcast. I have no problem listening to a sponsor ad or a live read, but I listen to this podcast at work, and my listening is frequently interrupted, which means that every time I come back I have to hear the same recording again and again. That does not seem like an intended feature (and it's not making me love the brand either, which is counter-productive). Any way to fix it so that the ad plays once at the beginning, without the constant replays on unpause?

*EDIT* On further investigation, it looks like this is a new feature of SoundCloud itself, so I'm guessing EarWolf has no control over it (it just coincidentally happened to be a sponsor that CBB also has). Hopefully SoundCloud will get some feedback and tweak it so that they don't alienate their listeners with oversaturation of the ads.

Edited by Illusion-XIII

Alright, I'm gonna do a quick round of 2's Clues here, because I've cracked the code of this episode being old.

I've been relistening to U Talkin' U2 To Me the past few days, and, at the beginning of the All That You Can't Leave Behind episode, Scott mentions that the Pop & Slowing It Down episodes were recorded late into the night, and right after the recording of 2 CBB eps. I don't know why this clicked for me, but I decided to compare the pictures of those UTU2TM eps with the pics from this new old CBB. Sure enough, Scott's wearing the same outfit. Boom, it's from that day!

This has been 2's Clues!

• Like 3

…or you can look at the EXIF data on the photos that accompany this episode, and see indisputable proof it was recorded on March 17, 2014.

(Sorry, bro! I'm just poppin' your stones.)

• Like 2

I'm loathe to bring this up, because I do appreciate the value of sponsors in making this podcast available for free... But I've gotta say something about the new "preroll" ad attached to this episode. It replays every time I pause and unpause the podcast. I have no problem listening to a sponsor ad or a live read, but I listen to this podcast at work, and my listening is frequently interrupted, which means that every time I come back I have to hear the same recording again and again. That does not seem like an intended feature (and it's not making me love the brand either, which is counter-productive). Any way to fix it so that the ad plays once at the beginning, without the constant replays on unpause?

*EDIT* On further investigation, it looks like this is a new feature of SoundCloud itself, so I'm guessing EarWolf has no control over it (it just coincidentally happened to be a sponsor that CBB also has). Hopefully SoundCloud will get some feedback and tweak it so that they don't alienate their listeners with oversaturation of the ads.

just download the file bro

Holy smokes, you know you've gotten way too deep into the reality of the scene when, during the titular 'Denny's Boys' part of the episode occurred, you sincerely think, "Aw geez, guys! Pull up! Pull up! You're blowing it!!!"

So funny.

Finger Guns was taken. I need a life.

Engineer Cody Cody has apparently committed to being a pox on the studio and I'm loving it.

seriously, this almost needs to have it's own thread. I'm convinced that Cody is fooling us all and he's in deep character as the most inept engineer of all time.... and I say that with love.

Maybe it's just me, but for me, it'd be a instant C+ episode if a Solo Bolo with Joe Lo ever came to be....