🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
servo386

Nukie (1988)

W65MLAW.jpg

My first time proposing a movie (or posting anything) but I can't imagine no ones mentioned this before..

Nukie is like Mac and Me except weirder, snottier, more ridiculous, more Africa and more talking animals.

It's hard to explain exactly how ridiculous Nukie is, but it's a god damned classic. I've watched this, no joke, about 4 times.

Here's the plot synopsis via Imdb:

Two aliens, Nukie and Miko, crash-land on different parts of the Earth. Miko is quickly captured by an American space agency, while Nukie, who has landed in the middle of the African savannah, wanders about until he befriends two young children. Will Miko survive the scientists' experiements? Will Nukie ever be reunited with his space-travelling companion?

And best of all its available for free on Youtube!

Trailer:

Full Movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQEoicOExdI

You guys would have a blast with this movie. From Nukies digusting, ever-present snotty nose. To the the repeated yells of "NUKIEEEE!" by his brother, to the talking computer, talking animals, non-talking African children, Nukies complete disregard for human life, the endless voice over from the "space assocation" or whatever. It's completely bonkers.

Kuvgxtc.jpg

BE A CLOWN! (you'll get it if you watch the movie)

• Like 1

Kuvgxtc.jpg

Wow. Need a warning for that kind of thing!

At any rate, the Mac n' Me episode just might be my favorite, and Gooby is another good one. I just really like it when HDTGM tackles a movie that is focused primarily on a bad puppet. I have never seen this, but it seems to have all the hallmarks of a HDTGM classic...

• Like 1

I have never seen this movie before in my life, I only remember seeing the sun-damaged VHS sleeve in the Family section of a Hollywood Video as a child, but the cover frightened me for some reason, and the back cover had pictures of the aliens, which really upset me. I've only seen the trailer (recently), and in the tradition of Mac & Me and the weird Turkish E.T. ripoff from 1983 (wherein a giant turd-looking alien farts smoke and emits the most blood curdling noise, akin to something a giant radiation dust cloud villain from Star Trek would emit), this movie looks absolutely incomprehensible and upsetting to watch. Although could be construed as a tale brotherhood and the power of the human (or alien) spirit, or just an exercise is compiling stock footage, this movie is above all worthy of review. This was also Nelson Mandela's film of 1988.