🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 313 — Gumbo Challenge

I am a huge Oingo Boingo fan, so I'm pretty pleased. I wish they had done the whole song so I could lay it over the music. But instead, I'm gonna go see if I can sing the whole thing in 35 seconds. I'll post a video if I can...

Bits and pieces, bits and pieces.

• Like 1

Was kinda hoping for this week's Plugs theme to be Andy Samberg feat. Todd and Scott Plugs Theme from last week. Need those Hollywood Facts!

• Like 2

Though I didn't read the 4(!) pages of comments I'm sure I'm repeating someone else's thoughts: possibly the most enjoyable episode since the best-of-year Honk Shoo masterpiece. This is in part because I, for the first time ever, found Horatio Sanz funny.

La la la, I did not just read this. Horatio is one of the best CBB guests of ALL TIME. How dare you. How. Dare. You. ;)*

Speaking of which, when is the freakin' Chicago show from June with Horatio and Adomian going to be availale for download?! It was so dang good!

*Emoticon added because I don't want anyone to think I'm seriously offended. I'm simply not a truly funny person.

I think this has already been said, but Scott's idea about having a bunch of comedians do the bits of other comedians is fucking brilliant. That would be such an interesting night of comedy, and I can just imagine some of the pairings of comedians with bits.

• Like 3

Can we talk about the weirdness of Paul Banks not playing music on this episode? I don't think Scott has ever booked a non-comedy musical guest* just for chit-chat. I'm thinking there must have been a misunderstanding, like Scott inviting Banks on with the assumption that he'd perform, but Banks thinking he was just coming on as a regular guest. The episode turned out well, but the presence of the Interpol guy was pretty awkward outside of a musical context.

*muuuuusical guest

Can we talk about the weirdness of Paul Banks not playing music on this episode? I don't think Scott has ever booked a non-comedy musical guest* just for chit-chat. I'm thinking there must have been a misunderstanding, like Scott inviting Banks on with the assumption that he'd perform, but Banks thinking he was just coming on as a regular guest. The episode turned out well, but the presence of the Interpol guy was pretty awkward outside of a musical context.

*muuuuusical guest

awkward how?

I thought he played along great and was really funny considering. there's been actual comedians on who have been less funny and game for what CBB is than Paul was, I was actually surprised how well it went

it didn't feel any different than when they have filmmakers or non comedic actors or somebody not really in the comedy world as a guest.

• Like 2

The guy from The National was on and didn't play music. Aimee Mann has been on multiple times and has never played music. Same with Jon Wurster - okay, a drum solo might not have fit.

The guy from The National was on and didn't play music. Aimee Mann has been on multiple times and has never played music. Same with Jon Wurster - okay, a drum solo might not have fit.

Weird Al too

Wurster and Aimee Mann are both at least comedy-adjacent, but ok, you got me with the National guy. Perhaps the weirdness was only in my head.

Hey, you know what's really weird?

YOUR MOM

I told you about her problems in confidence, can't believe you'd tell everyone. Last time I trust you, that's for sure.

"The National guy." HIS NAME IS MATT BERNINGER AND HE IS AMAZING. (That is to be read as a yelling Billy Eichner. Or just Billy Eichner.)

"The National guy." HIS NAME IS MATT BERNINGER AND HE IS AMAZING. (That is to be read as a yelling Billy Eichner. Or just Billy Eichner.)

Not everybody likes the same kind of music. That's life.

My stomach was in pain from this episode. This is twice recently this has happened to me after the last Kroll appearance. Sanz is great. Schwartz compliments everybody so well.

"One time, he saw Caroline Rhea backstage and he said, 'I WANNA FUCK THAT BITCH!'"

"I wouldn't mind spending a night with Rosie!"

As much as I love Scott and Ben's Don Pardo impersonations, Horatio's were destroying me.

• Like 1

I think having Wurster on to play would be great as long as Todd Glass was also on and he just played live the entire time.

I think this has already been said, but Scott's idea about having a bunch of comedians do the bits of other comedians is fucking brilliant. That would be such an interesting night of comedy, and I can just imagine some of the pairings of comedians with bits.

I want to see Todd Glass add reverb to every routine.

Finally got around to listening to my backlog of CBBs (oh life, why do you get in the way of my podcast enjoyment?!) and was stunned to hear that my catchphrase was chosen...and for an ep with some of my favorite guests. C+ choice for catchphrase and a C+ ep.

• Like 2