🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 94.5 — Minisode 94.5

Just finished watching Tyler Perry's Temptation. June is going to find this UPSETTING...

/watches Last Temptation of Christ as palate-cleanser/

• Like 3

ok I have some REAL big problems with one part of the "twist" at the end. not with the big twist (which surprisingly I was not as upset as others). I won't spoil it, but I'll just say there's a misdirect.

I hope they address it because it is so stupid and makes no sense at all. I already have a post ready for corrections and omissions if they don't. really looking forward to this one.

I've said before and I'll say it again I hope it's not just 4 white people just mocking this movie. I want to know his appeal and whitey just ain't gonna get to the bottom of that!! (although, Neal Brennan would probably be able to provide a little bit of insight.)

I doubt it. For the most part they are pretty sensitive to those kinds of things. Besides, race didn't even seem to be an issue in the movie, so I am not sure why it would be brought up. Even with an all white/aborigine/Inuit cast, it would still have been bonkers.

• Like 1

just stopped by to make sure that going into this, everyone is aware that the female lead in this movie is michelle's friend from full house:

You got it, dude.

• Like 4

I've never said this before ever, but I'm not looking forward to this episode.

This movie isn't fun. It isn't funny to me how much Tyler Perry hates women that don't "know their place"

I mean, the entire second half of the movie is predicated on a rape scene where afterward the victim says, "You know what? I totally WAS asking for it! COCAINE PLEASE!!!"

The plot does not belong outside a 15 minute "film" from the 80's that they make you watch at church camp to warn you about the dangers of ~SIN~

I dunno... I'm just... nervous.

• Like 10

I've never said this before ever, but I'm not looking forward to this episode.

This movie isn't fun. It isn't funny to me how much Tyler Perry hates women that don't "know their place"

I mean, the entire second half of the movie is predicated on a rape scene where afterward the victim says, "You know what? I totally WAS asking for it! COCAINE PLEASE!!!"

The plot does not belong outside a 15 minute "film" from the 80's that they make you watch at church camp to warn you about the dangers of ~SIN~

I dunno... I'm just... nervous.

To be fair, I think the phrase "COCAINE PLEASE!" has played into at least 80% of the film's that HDTGM has covered (the jury's still out on "Timothy Green"), but it's usually BEHIND the scenes.

• Like 4

Yeah this movie is such a bummer I really cannot watch it again. I'm sure the gang will be able to find some humor in there somewhere?

• Like 2

Wow, I didn't watch Glitter and I thought they were talking about Andrew Dice Clay the whole time too.

andrew-dice-clay.jpg

For get about it!!!

I so wish Andrew Dice Clay was in glitter, such a let down...how can they make a 80's movie with out the dice man.. You guys know that Andrew Dice Clay was on Diff'rent Strokes. I would so love to see that episode. mind you it's most likely a big let down. Hey guys we got to get a Andrew Dice Clay movie going soon. please!!!

I went and watched the movie after this mini-ep, and holy shit is it worth it. Two major things struck me.

1. The movie went from "bad movie" to "hilariously bad movie" at exactly this moment: cnmgk.jpg

2. Tyler Perry just straight up hates women. Holy hell does he just hate the fuck out of women. I said the movie went from bad to hilarious, and it did. But then it went to just weird and horrible. By the end, I was actually angry. I really wonder what this episode will be like because you just can't make fun of this movie without skewering the fact that Tyler Perry is the world's most obvious misogynist.

• Like 6

If you cheat on your husband you will get aids plain and simple. I don't see a problem with the message of this film.

• Like 2

My favorite part of this movie (vaguely spoiler-y) is the private plane -rape but not really- scene, and the way the marriage counselor walks out of the pharmacy at the end.

Also, MEN WILL ALWAYS WIN

• Like 3

the private plane -rape but not really- scene

You mean the most definitely, 100% rape scene that the movie bizarrely treats as something other than rape?

• Like 4

Can we also talk about Vanessa Williams's aborted French accent for a change? Based on what I saw from the trailer, it seemed pretty weird to me.

Can we also talk about Vanessa Williams's aborted French accent for a change? Based on what I saw from the trailer, it seemed pretty weird to me.

In the words of a wise woman, her accent is so upsetting.

"That's not make-up, that's make-down."

why do I think that the character was originally written for Tim Gunn, rather than Kim Kardashian?

I really hope they talk about this scene.

http://imgur.com/iTNbmR1

This was the only enjoyable scene in the entire movie (unless you like abs). I really need a gif of it. Get on it internet!

I'm glad I watched this one. It's a terrible and upsetting movie devoid of humor. It'll be really interesting to see what they make of it.

I also shouldn't make fun of people in 700x better shape than me, but Brice's head is way too small for his body.

• Like 1

This movie is amazing. There's a line that someone completely got wrong and it's so funny! Plus its offensive to just about everyone I think!

Going into this I was kinda expecting a poor mans Fireproof...but this is way worse. This is borderline unwatchable.

When she goes jogging with the guy in the park, am I the only one who thought it looks like he's wearing pantaloons?

I liked the reveal of who whatserfaces ex is, where instead of trying to form any kind of words, he just shrieks JUDITH!!!!!!!!! in her face over and over.

...This could have easily been about 15-20 minutes right? Like, what was the point of most the scenes? Did anything apart from like the 1 or 2 major events in this movie ever happen?

• Like 1

yeah it was really annoying. but she does get called out on it toward the end; which was pretty much the only thing in the movie I enjoyed.

You mean the most definitely, 100% rape scene that the movie bizarrely treats as something other than rape?

Yeah this drove me insane. I was like wait....was she raped? She said no obviously and eventually got into it but did so reluctantly. Then the next scene she calls him up and basically begs for that cock! So i don't know. I mean it was rape but she got over it pretty quick. Must have been some dick I guess.

I also find it upsetting that the husband in this movie (aka black Ned Flanders) finds his wife brutally beaten in a bathtub at the end and decides to take her home- TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL! SHE'S FOR SURE CONCUSSED WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

but it's totally fine because he's got the right amount of Jesus. totally dodged that AIDS bullet neighbourino!

I'm so mad I watched this movie. I'm so mad. However, that credit roll at the end made my brain explode so it's almost worthwhile.

• Like 3

Absolutely rape. She said no, not to mention that he's basically her boss and she's trapped with him on a private plane- no consent there.

I went into this movie not knowing anything about it; when did everyone start to suspect he was an actual psycho? For me it was when they were jogging and he attacked that poor bicyclist- she was the one who ran into him on foot haha :huh:

• Like 2