🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 314 — Y’all Heard Any of These Names Before?

Comedian extraordinaire Cameron Esposito of Put Your Hands Together returns to tell us all about her new stand-up album Same Sex Symbol on today’s Comedy Bing Bong! Cameron & Scott chat about eradicating men from the Earth, Portland food, and Cameron’s old job as a circus ringmaster when suddenly vigilante crime fighter J.W. Stillwater emerges from the shadows. J.W. enlists Cameron & Scott on the case of the continuing California drought by participating in his quiz called “Y’all Heard Any of These Names Before?”

More like Cameron Lesbosito, right? (Based on everything I've ever heard from her.)

• Like 1

This was my first 'new' episode having listened to the show from episode one to current.

What a ride, ladies. What a ride.

Great combo. Cameron and JW were juicy together. Nothing better than an adventurous guest and a malleable co-host who isn't afraid to really dig into the details of a subterranean hide-out and eventually take them as their ward.

Plugs theme was gold. Choctaw was double platinum.

• Like 7

Guess my other comment got deleted,

really enjoyed the episode, loved how involved Cameron was in the chatacter interview

would love to have an episode where someone else plays Prof. Stealwater so JW and him can have it out.

I feel like James Adomian could do a great evil genius voice

• Like 5

Wolverine's got nothing on Comedy Bang Bang's penchant for scenarios in which partnerships are formed between grumpy, old men mentors and plucky, young women.

As soon as the 'case of the stolen water' was underway, I immediately thought, "Hey, 'Stillwater' sounds a lot like 'Steal Water.' I wonder if the conversation will naturally lead them there." I was so happy when it did!

• Like 2

I'm really glad that Cameron spoke up. I'm sick of Scott not welcoming me enough and I turn off every podcast after it becomes clear that he doesn't care whether I do or do not feel welcomed.

• Like 6

I went to college in a small town in Southeast Ohio and lived near a man named TINKER RUDDER. I wanted him to open a boat repair shop so bad. Until I found out he was a sex offender.

• Like 4

Guess my other comment got deleted,

really enjoyed the episode, loved how involved Cameron was in the chatacter interview

would love to have an episode where someone else plays Prof. Stealwater so JW and him can have it out.

I feel like James Adomian could do a great evil genius voice

Why did it get deleted? Weren't you just quoting the ep?

I enjoyed PFT's reference to his wife's video about Masterpiece Classic Auditions, which seems to have totally went by Scott and Cameron.

• Like 4

Favorite moments:

Scott asking Cameron "When you came out of your mother's vag0ina, did you look back and say, 'I could get used to this'?"

The revelation of Professor Stillwater through Clue(do) cards. It didn't seem like that was planned ahead of time, and it was perfect how it fit together.

• Like 3

"Take it sleazy. Catch you on the flip-flop. [...] I was a orphan at 35."

• Like 5

still waiting for Mulaney but his ep will do :) PFT is great as usually and love how Caramel just dives right in.

sidenote, has anybody played the game Watch Dogs? anytime the "Crime detected" notification pops up I think and laugh to myself "yall hear a crime go?" makes the game soooo much better.

• Like 1

Here we go again. Take a shot every time Cameron mentions she's gay.

Don't you guys hate it when James Adomian comes on the show and just talks about how he's gay and how he dresses gay? That's right he doesn't. His whole identity/comedy doesn't revolve around his sexuality and he actually has original material.

• Like 2

Don't you guys hate it when James Adomian comes on the show and just talks about how he's gay and how he dresses gay? That's right he doesn't. His whole identity/comedy doesn't revolve around his sexuality and he actually has original material.

This seems a little harsh. I haven't listened to a lot of her stand-up but are you saying it's all tired/hack bits about how she happens to be gay? Couldn't it be viewed as uplifting that her identity can be very "out" and still be successful?

• Like 12

Very happy that this ep lead me to the Lacey Chabert imdb page, which informed me of her exciting trilogy that came out this year...

• Like 2

I see PFT is on this episode. ... Aannnnd there's the Cantina Theme.

Episode complete.

• Like 14

C+ use of "88 Lines About 44 Women"

• Like 1

Here we go again. Take a shot every time Cameron mentions she's gay.

Is this comment part of the spillover caused by the Sklar Bros having Dane Cook on last week? Keep this homophobic crap off this site, please. EDIT: And what the hell does "dresses gay" even mean???

• Like 9